NM trying to ban guns under 'emergency' orders?

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have I read that correctly?

And did I actually hear that governor state that the constitution and her oath 'are not absolute'?

Is this a nightmare or a joke? Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and think lots of prayer needed.

Mr E

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2023
San Diego
✟28,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And did I actually hear that governor state that the constitution and her oath 'are not absolute'?

Is this a nightmare or a joke? Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and think lots of prayer needed.

1694270450542.png

And of course the New Mexico "health order" will be struck down by the courts.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
On Friday, a public health order focused on gun violence went into effect in New Mexico.

Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who put the order in place, said the move was sparked by the death of an 11-year-old killed in a road rage incident this week in Albuquerque, along with other cases.

The order asks that no person other than law enforcement should possess guns at public schools or parks and that while transporting guns, they must be in a locked container or have a trigger lock.

The governor also explained on Friday how the order will affect New Mexico’s open carry law.

“No person other than a law enforcement officers or licensed security officers shall possess a firearm either openly or concealed within cities or counties, averaging 1,000 or more violent crimes per 100,000 and more than 90 firearm-related emergency department visits,” Lujan Grisham said.

According to those standards, Bernalillo County and Albuquerque are the only two places in the state right now that are under that part of this emergency order.

But Lujan Grisham said the order will likely face a legal challenge. As some would argue, it's unconstitutional to not allow citizens to exercise their right to carry.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How true some of the comments on X are:

"If we let politicians break the law in an emergency, politicians will create an emergency so they can break the law."

All I can find on it so far:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mr E
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sherriff made a statement, but I cannot link to the twitter X post for some reason, part of the statement below:

"However, as the elected Sheriff, I have reservations regarding this order. While I understand and appreciate the urgency, the temporary ban challenges the foundation of our Constitution, which I swore an oath to uphold. I am wary of placing my deputies in positions that could lead to civil liability conflicts, as well as the potential risks posed by prohibiting law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense."

Reactions: Mr E
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

The thing about NM is that they not only have prison gangs and other gangs, they have a major cartel presence deeply imbedded. I'm sure the goal is to disarm the cartel and the gangs then root them out by force. The only problem with that (and I'm not a big gun guy but a reaity guy). The gangs and cartels won't volentary disarm and turn in their ARs, and AKs, only law abiding citizens will follow the law OR law abiding citizens become "criminals" for not disarming voluntarily.

It's a sticky wicket and a law like this really suprises me coming from New Mexico because their government has from my understanding has pretty much been on a right-wing agenda meaning more prisons, less schools, open carry, lower taxes, fewer government programs available, and less participation with the Fed exept as it relates to customs and border control.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

NM Gov's Power Grab Has Far-Left Ted Lieu and David Hogg Suddenly Acting Like They’re Pro-Constitution​

In the link above MSN, you just cannot make this crazy stuff up, it like a circus with these people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married