"Nincompoops on the run" Trump ambushes family of grieving teen for reality TV style drama

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Grieving Parents ‘Ambushed’ by Trump, Who Had Teen’s Killer Waiting at White House; The president had hoped to surprise the parents of dead British teen Harry Dunn with a meeting with the woman who killed him—all in front of the media.

The parents of the teen who was hit and killed while riding his motorcycle after being hit head-on by Anne Sacoolas who was driving on the wrong side of the road had wanted her to return to Britain. They'd hoped on meeting her on British soil, while prepared for such a meeting.
They were invited to the Oval Office where they met with Trump and other officials including Robert O’Brien, National Security Adviser. Trump then wanted to slide open a door and have Sacoolas brought out for the parents to lay eyes on her in person for the first time in front of a bunch of photographers. He treated this with the dignity of a reality show cliffhanger.

This is how it was described:
The family had four surprises yesterday. Firstly, being invited to the White House in the first place which came right out of the blue. Secondly, that they were meeting the President himself. Thirdly that Mrs Sacoolas was present in the building and fourthly that it was the President’s intention for Harry’s family to meet Mrs Sacoolas in the Oval Office in front of several photographers in what Wass obviously designed to be a press call. Harry’s parents remain committed to pursuing a solution to the dispute and need one to happen quickly for the sake of their health. Harry’s parents declined any such meeting. It struck us that this meeting was hastily arranged by nincompoops on the run and in particular Mr O’Brien who appeared to be extremely uptight and aggressive and did not come across at all well in this meeting which required careful handling and sensitivity. The family remain open to the possibility of meeting Mrs Sacoolas one day in the future but in a neutral and appropriately controlled environment.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How did he think that would go?

What a horrible thing to do to a grieving family.

He was only thinking of himself, not them. This kinda drama is what Donald is infamous for, but what's more worrying is that the National Security Advisor played a role in his Jerry Springer routine.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How did he think that would go?

What a horrible thing to do to a grieving family.

This is the man who uses grieving relatives for photo ops and autographs the photos of their dead children, remember?

What, you didn't think that was as low as he could go, did you?

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is the man who uses grieving relatives for photo ops and autographs the photos of their dead children, remember?

Our Great Leader also signs tornado Bibles. Praise God!

• Haha
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Our Great Leader also signs tornado Bibles. Praise God!

That I can forgive as it's probably the only worldly possession of these folks that didn't get blown halfway to Oz... but I doubt that the "angel moms" carry large, glossy head shots of their deceased as a matter of course...

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Good point. :sorry:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom