CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean "dreams" as in what occurs while one is sleeping? Or did you mean "dreams" as in one's goals and aspiriations?
Dream in this case is what occurs while one is sleeping.

Do you have any word that is more appropriate to use in this case?

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don't really understand your question...
Imagine you are believer and there is certain things that are forbiden for you, for example let's use the favorite here gay sex. So you belive it is wrong to have gay sex. Now, you go to bed and you have a dream in which you make gay sex.

Next thing you do is to go to the chirch and tell the father. Now come the questions.

Is it unethicall to tell the father about your dream.
Is it ethical if the father decides to put a punishment upon you, say you must tell a prayer 1000 times or physical punishment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your answers.

It not unethical to tell people about your dreams but there is no reason to tell anyone in the first place. Especially if they are going to judge your dreams. Dreams are meaningless so just forget them.
I don't agree. Dreams may have meaning. Maybe we don't know what it is, but that doesn't mean we should label them as meaningless.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dreams are impossible to control. Don't feel shame because of them. And don't tell them to people who would try to make you feel shame because of them.
The problem is that the dream is not shameful for me, but that it can offend certain people. For example, having a dream that the church father had gay sex. Now, do telling him what I have dreamt is ethical?

Thank you. I'd say it's unethical for anyone to judge you because of your dreams. They're out of your control.

Yes, they are. But sharing the dream is in my control, thus the double queston.

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course, if you're dreaming about gay sex, it's not necessarily gay sex that you're really dreaming about.
What you mean?
Say, If I dream about killing people it's not nesessarily killing what I'm dreaming about. That just doesn't make sense.
Please explain.

Upvote 0

Lindon Tinuviel

Nov 19, 2002
Not there anymore
✟4,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If you dream about killing people, you may not *really* be dreaming about killing people.

Dreams are not often literal.

Killing people in dreams is often a manifestation of feeling crowded, blocked in, or of too many people being in front of you (perhaps for a job promotion or an academic standing.)

You're probably not really thinking about killing them, only wishing that they would go away.

Depends on how they're killed, though. Bloodlessly, through a sniper's scope, may mean something different than if you're dreaming about wading into the grue of body parts with a bloodied straight-razor in each hand.

Or, you may have simply watched Saving Private Ryan one time too many.

Either way, though, it's just a dream. The fact that you're disturbed about it shows that it's not some subconscious urging towards murder.

Don't sweat it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
some dreams tyho are recycled memories of past events. I still dream of things when I was active duty and I still wake up time to time from them.

I use to tell a veteran counselor about it but some of what I would dream I would or could never tell just anyone - they would never understand.

but as time goes on, one learns to deal with it and accept it as a part of one's life. still wake up time to time tho.

Upvote 0