Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Best wishes if it’s not covered by your insurance and you are not super rich.

So you see we are in the very same boat, absolutely. You pay a LOT in taxes over a lifetime to get that "free" Bactrim, but you're not getting any rare or expensive treatments, and you're getting your surgeries canceled, your mom is in a hallway in the hospital, etc, etc, etc. We're paying zero taxes but some insurance premiums, we're still getting that "free" Bactrim, and maybe having to fight the insurance companies for rare or expensive treatments just the same.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
giving me "lifestyle advice" on how to avoid getting cancer.
Oh, yeah. I forgot the tyranny of free health advice.

Go Murica! You know America gets called Dumfuhkistan, don’t you?

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Preserved for posterity, before you can edit it out. This always comes out from our former allies. Always.

Yes, I do. It's why I hope our alliances are completely reworked going forward. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So you see we are in the very same boat, absolutely. You pay a LOT in taxes over a lifetime to get that "free" Bactrim, but you're not getting any rare or expensive treatments, and you're getting your surgeries canceled, your mom is in a hallway in the hospital, etc, etc, etc. We're paying zero taxes but some insurance premiums, we're still getting that "free" Bactrim, and maybe having to fight the insurance companies for rare or expensive treatments just the same.
No you are not if you cannot afford it.

ANYONE in the UK will get treatment that has evidence to support it’s efficacy.

What are you talking about?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Preserved for posterity, before you can edit it out. This always comes out from our former allies. Always.

Yes, I do. It's why I hope our alliances are completely reworked going forward. With friends like you, who needs enemies?
But why do you think people say things like that?

It’s not spite.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I would also like to say: thank you for doing your small part, here on the World Wide Web, for fostering the growing "America First" mentality that led to President Donald Trump.

See, it used to be that anti-Americanism was kinda kept to itself, being that we're a rather isolated nation, surrounded by ocean on two sides and rather large. But, the internet opened, and so did all the vitriol. Americans, believe me, are well aware. We know, and we're responding.

I hope you have enough money left over, after all your NHS expenditures, to shore up your military. At this rate, America will be a little slow to send you ours.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
But why do you think people say things like that?

It’s not spite.

I don't care. You can think what you like of us; it's clear we haven't been allies for a long time. It's clear to at least half the population here.

Thus, Donald Trump.

Hope you're comfortable with that. We have a VERY strong military. I'm quite comfortable.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, and keep in mind too that in today's day and time otherwise healthy people are not particularly likely to die from the flu anyway. Now, if the person is very young, very old or for some reason their body is weaker to fight things off or something then yes they may well die, BUT otherwise healthy people between the ages of say 10 and 65 or 70 generally are fine and have a VERY high liklyhood of making it
Any one with an ongoing illness such as asthma is at risk of dying. Flu is an very serious illness indeed. Even a health person can struggle to recover over several weeks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It's not so funny now that an old woman died waiting for an ambulance.

Or that 50,000 people had their surgeries canceled because the hospitals are overburdened.

But we know you love to rub our faces in your lovely NHS, which is like a cult for so many of you there.

And that has never happened in the U.S.? Get a grip.

How many thousands die every year because they don't have access to adequate healthcare in the U.S.?

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have heard ( I live in the states) that it is because there are different strains out there this year. The way it works is they take the I believe three most common strains from the prior year for the shot, so if different strains show up then that shot will be rendered pretty much pointless because you are not protected from the strain you get.
the Flu virus is in a constant state of change. as it tends to move from southern hemisphere to northern and back, Both the USA and the UK use Australian strains for the new season vaccinations.
this year the strain has already arrived from Australia and is very much more deadly than usual.
It killed 23 people in the first two week in the UK.

Your loose talk here, and the loose talk of your ninny-headed friends, was very, very foolish.

Loose lips sink ships. They also make us shrug when it's time to SEND ships.

Foolish Brits. Foolish Europeans.

Your prejudices are showing in their true colours.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I hope you have enough money left over, after all your NHS expenditures, to shore up your military. At this rate, America will be a little slow to send you ours.
Just like in WW1 and WW2 then, eh?

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No you are not if you cannot afford it.

ANYONE in the UK will get treatment that has evidence to support it’s efficacy.

What are you talking about?

Probably somethi
the Flu virus is in a constant state of change. as it tends to move from southern hemisphere to northern and back, Both the USA and the UK use Australian strains for the new season vaccinations.
this year the strain has already arrived from Australia and is very much more deadly than usual.
It killed 23 people in the first two week in the UK.

Your prejudices are showing in their true colours.

Talk to your countryman. I'm not the one who called a supposed ally "Dum****istan"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Even slower, I should think. We lost a lot of blood and treasure in those wars.

Indeed you did...
But you charged the UK for every cent you loaned us, and every thing you sent to us.
Your arms industries made a fortune from us.
Your industries did quite well out of Germany too, in the early stages of the war.
It was only after Germany attacked your own shipping, that you decided which side to support.
Canada came in from day one.
The USA was about the only country that ended the war richer than at the satart of the war in 1939.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed you did...
But you charged the UK for every cent you loaned us, and every thing you sent to us.
Your industries did quite well out of Germany too, in the early stages of the war.
It was only after Germany attacked your own shipping, that you decided which side to support.
The USA was about the only country that ended the war richer than at the satart of the war in 1939.

So in your mind we were going to support the Nazis, maybe. Great.

"Allies". Sure.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So in your mind we were going to support the Nazis, maybe. Great.

"Allies". Sure.
Not only in his mind, it's a historical fact that there were sympathisers for nazi germany and facist europe in general in your country and government.

It's also a fact that many companies, like Ford, profited from selling to Nazi germany, even after 1939.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed you did...

The BBC has a different take on that loan, BTW. But I would expect nothing less from British citizenry than to resent us for it. That's the truth.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What's a little debt between friends?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.