Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not only in his mind, it's a historical fact that there were sympathisers for nazi germany and facist europe in general in your country and government.

It's also a fact that many companies, like Ford, profited from selling to Nazi germany, even after 1939.

What does it take--what goes through the mind of a German in 2018--to point to an American and say, your nation had Nazi SYMPATHIZERS?

This is the strangest case of national projection I have ever seen. It's like this massive Stages of Guilt everyone is going through at once.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
So in your mind we were going to support the Nazis, maybe. Great.

"Allies". Sure.

I you mean sell munitions and supplies to them, then you did.
The Nazis had a very large support in the USA at the start of the war.
(Especially among conservatives and the right wing, even some unions.)
Just as they did in the UK and France.
The Official American position was one of Neutrality.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I you mean sell munitions and supplies to them, then you did.
The Nazis had a very large support in the USA at the start of the war.
(Especially among conservatives and the right wing, even some unions.)
Just as they did in the UK and France.
The Official American position was one of Neutrality.

Keep going, you're just getting started.

No position on "Dum****istan"? Last chance from me.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Keep going, you're just getting started.

No position on "Dum****istan"? Last chance from me.
From that BBC article...

"Britain had spent a great deal of money at the beginning of the war, under the US cash-and-carry scheme, which saw straight payments for materiel. There was also trading of territory for equipment on terms that have attracted much criticism in the years since. By 1941, Britain was in a parlous financial state and Lend-Lease was eventually introduced."

We also had to hand over ownership of British firms manufacturing and trading in the USA. This happened to the large Cable company of my Grandfather. fortunately it was only a subsidiary.

If you want to be associated with a "dum***istan" that is your own decision.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
From that BBC article...

"Britain had spent a great deal of money at the beginning of the war, under the US cash-and-carry scheme, which saw straight payments for materiel. There was also trading of territory for equipment on terms that have attracted much criticism in the years since. By 1941, Britain was in a parlous financial state and Lend-Lease was eventually introduced."

We also had to hand over ownership of British firms manufacturing and trading in the USA. This happened to the large Cable company of my Grandfather. fortunately it was only a subsidiary.

If you want to be associated with a "dum***istan" that is your own decision.

So you are only one more in a long, long line of Brits who has nothing but animosity for America. And you cherry-picked that article.

Makes me no nevermind. More money for us at home; much less to spend on our so-called "allies". Listen, you're not teaching me anything I didn't already know here.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So my question to both U.S. and U.K people, just how much was done to make getting vaccinated easy before the flu season.

Seems like here in the US, flu shots are being used as a loss leader to get folks into a store. Having the shots provided for free by an employer has long been a thing, but it's only more recently that I've seen in-store pharmacies offering them for free. Target not only gave them away for free, they also gave you a $5 Target gift card for getting the shot.

The free market economy will drive down prices. It hasn't been tried; it hasn't been allowed to really work. Insurance got in the way and early on, Americans expected insurance to cover everything, even their regular doctor visits. You can blame union-backed "cadillac" plans for that. The regular examples to cite are lasik eye treatments and plastic surgery. Insurance doesn't cover those, so clinics compete--viciously. And the prices come down and down and down.

Lasik and plastic (in most cases) are both elective.
Do you understand the other reasons why elective surgeries are more conducive to efficient markets than non-elective procedures?

I would also like to say: thank you for doing your small part, here on the World Wide Web, for fostering the growing "America First" mentality that led to President Donald Trump.

See, it used to be that anti-Americanism was kinda kept to itself, being that we're a rather isolated nation, surrounded by ocean on two sides and rather large. But, the internet opened, and so did all the vitriol. Americans, believe me, are well aware. We know, and we're responding.

I hope you have enough money left over, after all your NHS expenditures, to shore up your military. At this rate, America will be a little slow to send you ours.

America hasn't kept to itself since WW2, and we had plenty of vitriol for other countries well before "the internet opened". You started this thread as a way to rag on the UK and their health care system and now you're butthurt that others aren't bowing in fealty to the US. Seems like you can dish it out, but not take it.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Seems like here in the US, flu shots are being used as a loss leader to get folks into a store. Having the shots provided for free by an employer has long been a thing, but it's only more recently that I've seen in-store pharmacies offering them for free. Target not only gave them away for free, they also gave you a $5 Target gift card for getting the shot

Lasik and plastic (in most cases) are both elective.
Do you understand the other reasons why elective surgeries are more conducive to efficient markets than non-elective procedures?.

Yes, because they're not generally covered by insurance. The market is wide-open, so clinics compete for prices. GPs and other clinics will too, when insurances don't get in there and mess with the truly free-market system. This would happen on a larger scale if we could get ALL insurance out of ALL small-cost health costs, like regular check ups and routine issues.

America hasn't kept to itself since WW2, and we had plenty of vitriol for other countries well before "the internet opened". You started this thread as a way to bag on the UK and their health care system and now you're butthurt that others aren't bowing in fealty to the US. Seems like you can dish it out, but not take it.

I never expect anyone to "bow" to our fealty. But hey, if you're going to bag on us, don't take our money, and don't lean on our military either. And this is not just regular bagging between friends; this is outright hatred from other nations. Anti-Americanism is rampant and uncalled for. Many of us have been onto it for years.

Foreign nations can adopt whatever health system they like, as I have said many times. But don't come here and preach how wonderful it is (while sneering at us) when it clearly is NOT. That is my point.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, because they're not generally covered by insurance. The market is wide-open, so clinics compete for prices. GPs and other clinics will too, when insurances don't get in there and mess with the truly free-market system. This would happen on a larger scale if we could get ALL insurance out of ALL small-cost health costs, like regular check ups and routine issues.

I'm not saying that insurance isn't a factor - it is - but you're missing a few important factors that affect efficient markets.

Information symmetry/assymetry
Consumer-side exit barriers
Consumer rationality
Monopolies

Do you understand how those factors affect the health care market?

But hey, if you're going to bag on us, don't take our money, and don't lean on our military either. And this is not just regular bagging between friends; this is outright hatred from other nations. Anti-Americanism is rampant and uncalled for. Many of us have been onto it for years.

Foreign nations can adopt whatever health system they like, as I have said many times. But don't come here and preach how wonderful it is (while sneering at us) when it clearly is NOT. That is my point.

You started this thread to snipe at the UK. And now you're butthurt at people sniping back.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

I never expect anyone to "bow" to our fealty. But hey, if you're going to bag on us, don't take our money, and don't lean on our military either. And this is not just regular bagging between friends; this is outright hatred from other nations. Anti-Americanism is rampant and uncalled for. Many of us have been onto it for years.

I have no problem with the USA or a majority of its people.
However I detest its politics, in particular the mindset of the GOP.
Collectively, like the UK, its people can make some extremely stupid decisions.
It is impossible to Justify either Brexit or Trump. both are Neanderthal type decisions.
America has not learned the lessons from the past, especially that of the of the Previous world domination of Great Britain and its subsequent fall.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying that insurance isn't a factor - it is - but you're missing a few important factors that affect efficient markets.

Information symmetry/assymetry
Consumer-side exit barriers
Consumer rationality
Monopolies

Do you understand how those factors affect the health care market?.

Sure

You started this thread to snipe at the UK. And now you're butthurt at people sniping back.

Wow, that's some amazing mind-reading skills you have there, knowing WHY I started this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with the USA or a majority of its people.
However I detest its politics, in particular the mindset of the GOP.
Collectively, like the UK, its people can make some extremely stupid decisions.
It is impossible to Justify either Brexit or Trump. both are Neanderthal type decisions.
America has not learned the lessons from the past, especially that of the of the Previous world domination of Great Britain and its subsequent fall.

How long did you live in the US to learn first-hand about the GOP?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Then would you care to explain why/how those factors affect the health care market and why you ignored them when claiming that the free market would solve the problems with high prices?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Does this make you feel better? Or something? It's certainly not helping your standing among Americans, that's for sure.
A lot of americans on this forum find my posts funny, so I got this going for me, which is nice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of americans on this forum find my posts funny, so I got this going for me, which is nice.

Nazi jokes from a German.

For my next jokes, I guess I'll try Trail of Tears jokes among a Native American set, see how funny that is. Meh. Maybe some American Plantation jokes over there on some German forums. You all would love that, wouldn't you? I bet you're super light hearted about America's slavery past, right? But I'd bet my bottom dollar you Germans are SUPER serious about that, right?

You know what's really funny about Germans making Nazi jokes? Some of us still remember relatives who died digging you out of your horrid mess. So that's pretty cool.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's true, I do think your posts are kinda funny.
What a bad ally you are.

Watch out, you might drop on a "americas favourite whatever" list.

• Haha
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.