NFL Should Give Colin Kapernick Another Chance

Does Colin Kapernick Desrve a Second Chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis states he would welcome Kaepernick with open arms. The NFL backup has been persona non grata for NFL teams since he took a knee during the national anthem in 2016. He settled a collusion lawsuit with the NFL.

“He deserves every chance in the world to become a quarterback in the National Football League. I still stand by it. If our coaches and general manager want to bring him in or want him to be the quarterback on this team, I would welcome him with open arms,” he added.

Does he deserve a chance to make an NFL roster?

Last edited:

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted yes, if he can perform. I was never a big fan of his skills, but he was clearly as good or better than lots of recent NFL QB's. His "offense" was so very minor compared to the actions many radical citizens and politicians. He was obviously being blackballed

It has become apparent that the NFL has continued to discriminate among Black employees. Several Black coaches have engaged in legal actions against the league.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why would he want to? He has more more money than I could make in 10 lifetime and his health is still pretty good. Chances are he will continue to take the knee, negative attention will be brought against the NFL, the NFL will lose viewers and fans.
Take the money and run.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would he want to? He has more more money than I could make in 10 lifetime and his health is still pretty good. Chances are he will continue to take the knee, negative attention will be brought against the NFL, the NFL will lose viewers and fans.
Take the money and run.
Sometimes athletes and entertainers actually want to be remembered for their performances on the stage rather than in the mediation room.

Would you rather be rich and known for getting banned from a social media platform or be poor but having earned the respect of one's peers? Wait, don't answer that. What am I thinking?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Take the money and run.
Yeah taking the knee saved his knees.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis states he would welcome Kapernick with open arms. The NFL backup has been persona non grata for NFL teams since he took a knee during the national anthem in 2016. He settled a collusion lawsuit with the NFL.

“He deserves every chance in the world to become a quarterback in the National Football League. I still stand by it. If our coaches and general manager want to bring him in or want him to be the quarterback on this team, I would welcome him with open arms,” he added.

I don’t know if anyone deserves a chance. The Broncos wanted to sign him, but he wanted more money than they thought he was worth. If he does get one, hopefully he will focus on the team while he’s at work, and keep his other issues off the field.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know if anyone deserves a chance. The Broncos wanted to sign him, but he wanted more money than they thought he was worth. If he does get one, hopefully he will focus on the team while he’s at work, and keep his other issues off the field.
The issues are already on the field. What you mean is that he should ignore them so white conservative football fans won't be made uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis states he would welcome Kapernick with open arms. The NFL backup has been persona non grata for NFL teams since he took a knee during the national anthem in 2016. He settled a collusion lawsuit with the NFL.

No one deserves to be a slave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am from a military family. My three brothers and I are Viet Nam era vets. My father was in the Japanese theater in WW2. My two grandfathers were drafted into the WWI conflict. Have several grandfathers who fought in the Civil war to free the slaves. I have dozens of grandfathers who fought in the Rev war.
These kneelers do not seem to understand that the National Anthem is not about the police. It is about the military and all the men and women to fought and many who gave their lives for their country.
It is like getting a lemon from Chevy and then protesting in front of the Ford dealer.
He needs to go back to grade school and learn a little history.
We do not appreciate the ignorance or the insults to our families.

• Winner
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It should be a meritocracy, but it wasn't. The NFL settled in large part because they have apparently a lot to hide. Kap was good enough to be on any NFL roster as a backup and as a starter on some others. The NFL didn't want to have this played out in open court.

But there are other cases, especially in NFL coaching, that are coming to light. When mediocre head coaches like Jeff Fisher (.512 winning percentage in 22 years) keep getting hired, you know it's a closed system. And there's former Raider coach Jon Gruden (.511 winning percentage over 15 years). The Raiders are under new ownership, BTW.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am from a military family. My three brothers and I are Viet Nam era vets. My father was in the Japanese theater in WW2. My two grandfathers were drafted into the WWI conflict. Have several grandfathers who fought in the Civil war to free the slaves. I have dozens of grandfathers who fought in the Rev war.
These kneelers do not seem to understand that the National Anthem is not about the police. It is about the military and all the men and women to fought and many who gave their lives for their country.
It is like getting a lemon from Chevy and then protesting in front of the Ford dealer.
Pardon me, but it is the National Anthem of the United States, not the anthem or hymn of any branch of the service. I In fact it was a veteran Green Beret and former NFL player that Kap consulted with about the protest.

I cannot recall a major sporting event where the flag was not the visual focus during the anthem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one deserves to be a slave
He was never a slave, but the discrimination was evident. NFL players have the most owner-friendly contracts of any American professional sport.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

That's awesome.
I to am from a military family going back to the Civil War.
The only difference with me is, and I am still serving, I fought for the freedom of every American, not just the ones that agreed with me. Is forced patriotism freedom?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Poster comments are great, but please vote in the poll, also.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU ARE NOT MY MOM!

Poster voted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.