• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

news on water consumption

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
D

dbcsf

saw this on the news,wondered how much of this is actually fact... i drink water because i was told it is a pure way to release toxins...help with fasting... now look what they are saying...

‘Drinking water won’t aid weight loss’ - IOL Lifestyle | IOL.co.za

Nice article.

If I am reading it correctly it sounds like it is saying that we should get a lot of our water from fruits and veggies - consequently we do not need eight glasses of water a day. Maybe drink 4 glasses and get the rest of it from our food.

Also, relying on a high intake of water alone will not get us to lose weight. We have to also eat less.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly, drinking water will help aid in someone losing weight. After all, it has no sugar and calories. It simply does what a drink is supposed to do: Hydrate the cells, which allows for normal cell functioning.

One should also eat fruits and vegetables as part of a balanced diet. Sporadic amounts of grain can be introduced, but too much is problematic. Thus, even if one were only on fruits and vegetables, that's a good diet.

When I speak of "diet", I'm merely speaking of a way one should eat, not the intent to lose weight, though that will be the end result if someone is very overweight.

Regarding water: Do not drink flouridated tap water. Flouride is very bad for the system, regardless of what the medical establishment states. I recommend spring water or distilled water.

Upvote 0