Newly revealed evidence VINDICATES SDA sabbath teachings!

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sabbatarianism refers to an extreme form of the belief in which membership in the true church, or even salvation, is conditional upon keeping the Sabbath law.

As such, Sabbatarianism is at the least a form of legalism and at most a denial of salvation by grace. In most cases, the Jewish Sabbath (Saturday) must be observed by refraining from work, sports, and travel from sundown Friday evening to sundown Saturday evening.

The divine institution of the Sabbath is to be restored.

The delivering of this message will precipitate a conflict that will involve the whole world.

The central issue will be obedience to God’s law and the observance of the Sabbath. Those who reject it will eventually receive the mark of the beast”

The belief is often accompanied by the observance of Jewish dietary laws and/or other Old Testament feasts.

Hmmm. So to keep the Sabbath is legalism. It's a very strange form of "legalism" to acknowledge God and our relationship to Him and His work for us and in us. To act in faith according to God's word is not legalism especially when God says it is acknowledging his plan for saving us by faith in Him.

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.
13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.
14 But I wrought for my name’s sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out.
15 Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;
16 Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols.
17 Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness.
18 But I said unto their children in the wilderness, Walk ye not in the statutes of your fathers, neither observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols:
19 I am the Lord your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;
20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

So acknowledging that it is God that saves us, and works within us so that we might be saved is legalism? Seems to me it is the opposite of legalism to honor God and acknowledge our relationship to Him. It's legalism to ignore that sign from God and to insert a man-made substitute. That is self-righteousness for it is substituting human works for God's work within us.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As such, Sabbatarianism is at the least a form of legalism and at most a denial of salvation by grace

I see it more as an expression of salvation by grace, through faith.

Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm. So to keep the Sabbath is legalism. It's a very strange form of "legalism" to acknowledge God and our relationship to Him and His work for us and in us. To act in faith according to God's word is not legalism especially when God says it is acknowledging his plan for saving us by faith in Him.

So acknowledging that it is God that saves us, and works within us so that we might be saved is legalism? Seems to me it is the opposite of legalism to honor God and acknowledge our relationship to Him. It's legalism to ignore that sign from God and to insert a man-made substitute. That is self-righteousness for it is substituting human works for God's work within us.

Saturday worship is a very big deal for SDA.. Some claim the issue is the stuff of civil wars.

Visions and Dreams
While it is possible that visionary revelations can come from God, it is always prudent to be cautious in such matters.

Near the same time Miss Macdonald was receiving her visions, Joseph Smith in America was experiencing his apparitions that brought Mormon doctrines to the world.

John Wilson also had his dreams that were the spark that started the false teaching of British-Israelism.

Not long afterwards, Ellen G. White received her visions that resulted in many Seventh Day Adventist teachings.

And remarkably, all these individuals received revelations of doctrines supposedly from God that were much at variance with one another and contrary to biblical teachings. Such incidents bring to mind the warning that God gave to Moses.

“If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto you, saying, ‘let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them’; you shall not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord proves [tests] you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.”

Chapter 17: The Rapture Theory - Its Surprising Origin

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And remarkably, all these individuals received revelations of doctrines supposedly from God that were much at variance with one another
Variance is not proof of error on the part of any nor all of the particular variants. It merely suggests that someone is wrong about something.
and contrary to biblical teachings.
So the various ones always say.
for the Lord proves [tests] you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.”
Indeed
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Variance is not proof of error on the part of any nor all of the particular variants. It merely suggests that someone is wrong about something.

So the various ones always say.

Indeed
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:20

Sure is a load of "variance".

Near the same time Miss Macdonald was receiving her visions, Joseph Smith in America was experiencing his apparitions that brought Mormon doctrines to the world.

John Wilson also had his dreams that were the spark that started the false teaching of British-Israelism.

Not long afterwards, Ellen G. White received her visions that resulted in many Seventh Day Adventist teachings.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Saturday worship is a very big deal for SDA.. Some claim the issue is the stuff of civil wars.

Visions and Dreams
While it is possible that visionary revelations can come from God, it is always prudent to be cautious in such matters.

And remarkably, all these individuals received revelations of doctrines supposedly from God that were much at variance with one another and contrary to biblical teachings. Such incidents bring to mind the warning that God gave to Moses.

“If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto you, saying, ‘let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them’; you shall not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord proves [tests] you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.”

Chapter 17: The Rapture Theory - Its Surprising Origin

Well, that's one way to ignore scripture and the truth found within it.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rogue preachers looking for a new gimmick are nothing new.
This I will agree with. They are all over the internet. I guess that's why you so closely responded to the scripture I posted in reference to the Sabbath being a sign of the relationship between those who keep it and God.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
This I will agree with. They are all over the internet. I guess that's why you so closely responded to the scripture I posted in reference to the Sabbath being a sign of the relationship between those who keep it and God.

I don't have much use for SDA or JW or Mormons or British Israelites. … and I don't think it matters if you attend services on Saturday or Sunday or Wednesday.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't have much use for SDA or JW or Mormons or British Israelites. … and I don't think it matters if you attend services on Saturday or Sunday or Wednesday.

You can think whatever you like, but you're in disagreement with God's own words. Who do you think will win that argument? You?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You can think whatever you like, but you're in disagreement with God's own words. Who do you think will win that argument? You?

God didn't create all those conflicting doctrines.. and in the grand scheme of things.. God is looking at the human heart rather than posturing clerics who want your money.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God didn't create all those conflicting doctrines.. and in the grand scheme of things.. God is looking at the human heart rather than posturing clerics who want your money.

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying you don't believe the Bible is truly the word of God, and that it is His personal instruction to us as individuals?

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying you don't believe the Bible is truly the word of God, and that it is His personal instruction to us as individuals?

I'll take the Bible and leave Ella White, John Darby, Joseph Smith and John Wilson ..

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

I couldn't agree more!! I could care less what day it is----the one that does care and has set one particular day aside is----God. And Him I will not argue with.

Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'll take the Bible and leave Ella White, John Darby, Joseph Smith and John Wilson ..

So, as far as you're concerned it was Ellen White, John Darby, Joseph Smith, or John Wilson who wrote the books of Exodus and Ezekiel?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I dislike these threads, they only lead to bitterness and discord.
If a person Worships on Saturday as the Sabbath there is nothing wrong with that.
In Israel the first day is a busy day for work.
Whether you believe the time was changed by Man, or New Testament Dispensation,
after Christ returned to the Apostles after He had risen from the grave, Give God and yourself a day.
For me I will not work on Sunday,and I go to Church.
If was born in another belief I would make Saturday the Lords Day.
One thing have observed in reading my Bible,is our Lord had a contempt for legalism on the Sabbath.

Here is the imparting of the Holy Spirit for the new dispensation of Salvation, Christ has already gone to the Mercy Seat of the Father.
seven days before, He walked out of the tomb.
Both events were on the first day of the week.

John 20: 19. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. 21. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23. Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
So I will let anyone who knows the calendar days figure this out.

Acts 1: 3. To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: 4. And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. 6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the
uttermost part of the earth.

12. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0