Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At least the totes would be under the same brand/model name. That's not the case with the vaccine where they changed it for the approved version, but not for its experimental or emergency designation which is still available and in use while the new and approved version is nowhere to be found.

How did they "change" it? I don't read that it is changed.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How did they "change" it? I don't read that it is changed.

It was never called Comirnaty before. So the name is either "changed", or it's a different product.

• Haha
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Did you really think that the FDA would put a huge banner on their website saying:

We approved a covid vaccine,
but it will never be available
And given that the MSM have acted as the FDA's uncritical mouthpiece, would you expect them to do the same? No! I don't think so! And it's ridiculous to think that the FDA or MSM would do that.

Let's wait and see what happens. The EUA for the unapproved vaccine is still in place, and that cannot be denied, because it's on the FDA website. My prediction is that Comirnaty will quite likely never be available.

Pretty sure that's not what is the reality, much as you want to spin it that way: it has been approved, but production of these vaccines and availability will vary, that's been a problem since they became something that has been distributed worldwide.

It's ridiculous to assume malice from people you don't agree with rather than acknowledge they might just be wrong rather than intentionally lying. Hanlon's razor, an essential point in discussions of this nature, because otherwise you fall prey to conspiracy theories and paranoid delusions of persecution

Your prediction based on what? The fact that we have EUA approved doses doesn't mean the brand name version will never be available, it means that production is probably focusing on priority in regards to that vaccine and it becomes a matter of distribution and logistics for individual countries. America may get more doses in, but the problem is we can't just sit on the ones we have indefinitely, iirc, they lose efficacy after an amount of time, like perishable food does.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It was never called Comirnaty before. So the name is either "changed", or it's a different product.
So you just assumed the official name was Pfizer BioNTech covid-19 vaccine? That they'd never make a brand name? Are you sure you're paying attention to trends or are you just hearing what you want to confirm your preconceptions? There's already plenty of medications out there that have different brand names, it's not as cut and dry as you'd like it to be

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
At least the totes would be under the same brand/model name. That's not the case with the vaccine where they changed it for the approved version, but not for its experimental or emergency designation which is still available and in use while the new and approved version is nowhere to be found.
The EUA vaccine is the same composition as the ones that are under the brand name, this is you assuming the essence is different rather than the accident, which is how it is presented, not how it is produced. We had EUA because this was and still is with the surges, an emergency situation, which is why such a designation was the case.

Once they are all approved by the FDA, it becomes a non issue in terms of that, but people will still find an excuse to be a willful child and not take a vaccine merely because they can't admit they're working based on fear instead of the reason they claim to use in their "research"

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
According to the FDA, yes.

"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty"
FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine
And this changes what exactly? Pretty sure people have pointed out that there can be recourse, but not in the legal manner like a class action lawsuit. And this is all assuming that there will necessarily be some catastrophic consequences long term when this technology isn't new in research, only in practical application, though supposedly we've used it to develop other similar vaccines, just not for people, like ones for animals to resist rabies, influenza and Zika virus.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And this changes what exactly? Pretty sure people have pointed out that there can be recourse, but not in the legal manner like a class action lawsuit. And this is all assuming that there will necessarily be some catastrophic consequences long term when this technology isn't new in research, only in practical application, though supposedly we've used it to develop other similar vaccines, just not for people, like ones for animals to resist rabies, influenza and Zika virus.

I was answering post #83.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I was answering post #83.
Not sure FreeInChrist was asking in a serious manner, it feels like they were being a bit facetious, when it's blatantly obvious the only difference IS a name change and not the conspiracy the OP seems to want to claim it is with nothing more than specious inferences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not sure FreeInChrist was asking in a serious manner, it feels like they were being a bit facetious, when it's blatantly obvious the only difference IS a name change and not the conspiracy the OP seems to want to claim it is with nothing more than specious inferences.

Yeah, well we're still waiting for that new labeled stuff to be available, now that it's "approved". But all we can get is the same old stuff that was (and is) still in emergency authorization status. If it's really the same, it wouldn't take much to print up labels with the new name. If the government can print trillions of dollars on demand, they could help Pfizer print up some new labels.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did you really think that the FDA would put a huge banner on their website saying:

We approved a covid vaccine,
but it will never be available
I appreciate that anti-vaxx arguments include both this complaint that it is taking too long for the fullly approved vaccine to show up and earlier complaints that the vaccine was rushed to market. Heads I win, tails you lose, I guess.

Upvote 0