Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
At any rate, it was just support for the claim that the Epoch Times has promoted conspiracy theories. Which they have.

Just because there's something you may find questionable doesn't make it a conspiracy theory, which is just another way of calling something "fake news", which is not allowed here.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Just because there's something you may find questionable doesn't make it a conspiracy theory, which is just another way of calling something "fake news", which is not allowed here.

QAnon is a conspiracy theory and the Epoch Times has been promoting it. So that's that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
QAnon is a conspiracy theory and the Epoch Times has been promoting it. So that's that.

Q Anon isn't a conspiracy theory. It's the name of a group.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Looks like you wrote that to the wrong person.
Looks like you don't want to admit faults and deflect onto others. You generalized, I pointed it out, why is it so hard to admit you're being divisive?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Pedantic quibbling: the name of the group can be identical with the conspiracy theory. Unless you want to name it specifically, in which case you get into some very awkward possibilities of what it might be titled (you know, the child related part).

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If you received your vaccinations before the FDA approved Comirnaty (23 Aug 2021), then it wasn't possible for you to be duped into taking an experimental treatment on Emergency Use Authorisation, because all the vaccines had that status. My concern is that following FDA approval of Comirnaty, there appears to be a bait-and-switch operation, fuelled by MSM misinformation. Certainly some of the responses in this thread suggest that people have been duped into thinking that Comirnaty and Pfizer-BioNTech are the same, so the evidence is right here in front of you.

Furthermore, the only vaccine that is FDA approved does not appear to be available. From that point of view, vaccine mandates are a breach of Federal Law. I suggest that you read the thread again, and try to understand.

As for the source being 'questionable'. Not one single critic has provided a shred of evidence that the information in the Epoch Times article is incorrect. So far nobody has proved that the FDA approved vaccine, Comirnaty, is in fact widely available in the US. Instead, what I'm getting is desperate attempts to discredit the source, also known as the Genetic Logical Fallacy, or Poisoning the Well.

Wow, you didn't even read my post beyond what fit your narrative: I didn't get the Pfizer vaccine, I made that abundantly clear and even if I had, so what? The pedantic quibbling is trying to create a conspiracy where none exists based on a misunderstanding about how this has to be branded in the process, so the components are in essence the same and the composition is thus the same irrespective of the name, same as if you take a generic versus brand name medication otherwise.

"Does not appear" is code for you don't see it, thus it doesn't exist, which is a fallacy of ignorance

The source being demonstrably rooted in inaccuracies that could very likely be demonstrated is not poisoning the well, because we can also point out the inaccuracies in the article via the conflation and equivocation you're doing to try and suggest some secret that is being hidden without actually offering anything substantive, just vague specious and even just flat out desperate grasping at straws to avoid admitting you might be wrong. There's a term for that: confirmation bias, linked back to cognitive dissonance you're trying to avoid

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

In common parlance, it's used to described conspiracy theories by QAnon. And really, this is picking at the tiniest of nits which doesn't change the fact that the Epoch Times has promoted conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Not remotely, because the latter is a more novel term, the former came about in the form we understand it today in the 60s after the JFK assassination.

And it isn't the questionable nature of the organization that is a motivating factor beyond suspicion, it's making broad brush strokes and finding links where there aren't any that's the issue: outright apophenia if you will.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you received your vaccinations before the FDA approved Comirnaty (23 Aug 2021), then it wasn't possible for you to be duped into taking an experimental treatment on Emergency Use Authorisation, because all the vaccines had that status. My concern is that following FDA approval of Comirnaty, there appears to be a bait-and-switch operation, fuelled by MSM misinformation. Certainly some of the responses in this thread suggest that people have been duped into thinking that Comirnaty and Pfizer-BioNTech are the same, so the evidence is right here in front of you.

Furthermore, the only vaccine that is FDA approved does not appear to be available. From that point of view, vaccine mandates are a breach of Federal Law. I suggest that you read the thread again, and try to understand.

They are the same vaccine.

As for the source being 'questionable'. Not one single critic has provided a shred of evidence that the information in the Epoch Times article is incorrect. So far nobody has proved that the FDA approved vaccine, Comirnaty, is in fact widely available in the US. Instead, what I'm getting is desperate attempts to discredit the source, also known as the Genetic Logical Fallacy, or Poisoning the Well.

As I previously explained, it's of little relevance if the FDA approved vaccine is unavailable and remains unavailable. And as there are still reportedly hundreds of millions of doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, I fully expect those to be in use for a long time on an EUA. I'm sorry if you can't understand that, because I don't think I can explain it any more clearly than I already have.

You are the one who can't seem to understand. It is pretty obvious that the Pfizer Bio-tech and Comirnaty are the same vaccine. They are interchangeable per the FDA.

Do you have any information that disproves the Epoch Times article? Specifically, can you prove that the Epoch Times was incorrect when it said that the only FDA approved vaccine, Comirnaty, is unavailable?

If you have such information, please post it, because it would be highly relevant and on-topic. If you don't have such information, please stop derailing the thread by trying to discredit and smear news sources that you don't approve of. For example, taking from one of your previous posts, whether the Epoch Times is run by Falun Gong practitioners has absolutely no relevance whatsoever. All that matters to this thread is whether their claims about the unavailability of Comirnaty are correct.

Good grief - it has been provided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
To a leftist extremist, everything moderate appears ultra-conservative.
Does sarcasm elude you all the time or just in a text based forum?

This petty deflection is getting old, plus the strawmanning to boot. Don't you have a new tactic?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

You are the one who can't seem to understand. It is pretty obvious that the Pfizer Bio-tech and Comirnaty are the same vaccine. They are interchangeable per the FDA.

How does the expression go about leading a horse to water? Seems appropriate here

• Winner
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Looks like you don't want to admit faults and deflect onto others. You generalized, I pointed it out, why is it so hard to admit you're being divisive?

Who are you addressing here?

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Newly Approved COVID-19 Vaccine Not Yet Available in US

I posted about this in another thread, because I suspect that there's a bait-and-switch operation being perpetrated with Comirnaty (FDA approved, but currently unavailable) and Pfizer-BioNTech (hundreds of millions of doses reportedly still available, but only on an Emergency Use Authorisation). However, I thought it was worth creating a specific thread on the issue, because I think a lot of people may be being duped into thinking that the vaccine they are taking has been FDA approved, when the reality is that there is reportedly no FDA approved Comirnaty covid vaccine that is currently available for use.

The first COVID-19 vaccine approved for use in the United States is not available yet and it’s unclear when the first doses will be ready for administration.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Aug. 23 approved a vaccine from Pfizer and its German partner, BioNTech. But at the same time, drug regulators extended (pdf) emergency use authorization (EUA) for existing doses of the vaccine.

The FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) declined to answer or did not respond to questions about when the approved vaccine, dubbed Comirnaty, would be available.

Pfizer did not answer directly when asked and BioNTech did not return an inquiry.

But health officials from states across America confirmed to The Epoch Times that they do not have any Comirnaty doses, and that none are expected soon.

Maybe Comirnaty doses will start to become available in future, maybe not. If Comirnaty never becomes available, then it's probably safe to assume that the total lack of the FDA approved covid vaccine is a legal dodge to avoid liability, and a bait-and-switch tactic to try and make people think they're taking an FDA approved treatment (many people wrongfully think that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is FDA approved but in reality it only has Emergency Use Approval).

Informative and accurate information, that one will discover to be true if he/she takes the time to do 'the research', as you have.

Until the new Comirnaty label is actually put on the injection, legally ... under FDA regulations ... Pfizer is not liable for any injection side effects, etc.

Many suspect, myself included, that Pfizer will not be in 'a big hurry' to repackage the injection any time soon, so as to continue to avoid any liability for injection injuries and deaths.

• Agree
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pedantic quibbling: the name of the group can be identical with the conspiracy theory. Unless you want to name it specifically, in which case you get into some very awkward possibilities of what it might be titled (you know, the child related part).

Actually, no. Otherwise, joe biden could be called the name of the Afghanistan pullout debacle, but it's not very good grammar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does sarcasm elude you all the time or just in a text based forum?

This petty deflection is getting old, plus the strawmanning to boot. Don't you have a new tactic?

Sarcasm don't elude me at all. I even used it in my sig line.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In common parlance, it's used to described conspiracy theories by QAnon.

More like a way of smearing an entire organization.

And really, this is picking at the tiniest of nits which doesn't change the fact that the Epoch Times has promoted conspiracy theories.

A claim is not a fact. Especially not the one against Epoch Times.

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not remotely, because the latter is a more novel term, the former came about in the form we understand it today in the 60s after the JFK assassination.

And it isn't the questionable nature of the organization that is a motivating factor beyond suspicion, it's making broad brush strokes and finding links where there aren't any that's the issue: outright apophenia if you will.

Broad brush strokes such as labeling an entire organization as a conspiracy theory?

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Physically, chemically and biologically they are the same or very similar*. Legally they are distinct. And 'legally distinct' are the exact words used by the FDA. And for some reason the FDA don't seem very keen on elaborating on exactly what those legal distinctions are.

* subject to manufacturing tolerances, and slight differences caused by different equipment used at different manufacturing sites

The text I've quoted above proves that the FDA and MSM have achieved their objective, of making people think there is no difference. I'm sure they're very pleased.

Really? All I saw was a load of posts from you and others that could best be described as a Genetic Logical Fallacy. Not once did I see any evidence to refute the Epoch Times's assertion that Comirnaty is currently unavailable.

So, for the last time. Can you prove that Comirnaty is currently available for administration in the US?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Broad brush strokes such as labeling an entire organization as a conspiracy theory?
When the shoe fits. You keep trying to deflect any responsibility, it's more than a bit suspicious, like you want to act like QAnon has some "legitimacy" because maybe you agree with some of that and don't like it being called a conspiracy theory. Are you perhaps..."triggered"?

Upvote 0