✟7,852.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi everyone!
After losing my faith, I’m now back on the journey to rediscovering my relationship with god. None of my friends or family are Christians so it’s proving quite a long and lonely journey so far.
Does anybody have any tips for finding bible study classes or any groups where I can meet others to discuss everything?!
I can’t seem to find anything other than Sunday services. I live in South West England!
Hello again!

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,745.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello Charliee937
I'm originally from the South West, Devon born and bred, now living in the West Midlands!
Really encouraged you are back on track with your faith. God has been faithful to you - He has not let you down! :)
If you are looking for a discussion group/Bible study, the Alpha course runs in many churches. There's even a search tool to help you find your nearest one.
Try Alpha — Got Questions - Try Alpha
It's a good way of meeting people in the church over a bite to eat, exploring the basics, and then find out about house groups which will help you grow in your faith with prayer and bible study.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello and welcome !
Hopefully someone can help you with bible studies over there. If there happens to be a Greater Grace World Outreach affiliate church in your area or that you can get to, they will have them or classes for sure. Maybe even a bible school.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a christian community on YouTube where we do live bible stud. You get to be friends with everyone in the chatroom so fellowship time with other christians is always a great experience. Search up *sincitypreacher* or *Renee Roland* on YT, they're the ones I trust most in YT when it comes to bible teaching. Although I may not agree with them 100% of the time but what they teach is the gospel. not themselves. (they're kinda carnal but are really nice people who love the Lord and fellow believers).

I have to warn you, though, there are a lot of christian YouTubers who are being deceived into teaching false doctrine thinking it's the 'holy ghost' giving them signs, but it's not. They twist up scripture mixing them with their own preconceived ideas which is dangerous in many ways so be careful of that.

I advise you to read the bible and meditate on scriptures.

When you read the bible, always remember that you're under grace, meaning, you're saved already through Jesus' blood sacrifice and no verse telling you you're going to hell for doing this or that is going to take away you're salvation.

A HUGE mistake you'd want to avoid is taking the verse out of context. Always always check who the chapter is intended for. Not every verse you read is intended for you, but for certain groups of people in the story.

Growing in Faith
3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

8 The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins.

10 So, dear brothers and sisters,[c] work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away. 11 Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
REFLECT ON YOURSELF

Put God first before yourself. Remember this: What you think is right isn't always right but God is always right.

No child is greater than his father nor a servant greater than his own master. It's God who makes the rules, not us. Growing up, your values change by how the world thinks and operates. Think of yourself as a sponge, always soaking up whatever type of information that comes your way without discerning right from wrong. But the thing is, you don't really know right from wrong because you didn't have God back then (or at least you thought you did).

To undo the brainwashing whilst growing up ask yourself this: Since when has right become wrong or wrong become right in today's world? are the things that I think are right really 'right'? or am I just validating something wrong as right? AM I WISE OR AM I FOOLISH?

test yourself: am I pro-life or pro-choice? If you were to ask your younger self if abortion (killing a fetus) is okay, what do you think you'll say?

wise people act righteously and are righteous
foolish people do the wrong thing but still think they're right

The whole point of this is to get you to reflect on yourself and urge you to pursue righteousness, because with righteousness and wisdom (from God through the bible) you become wise, make correct decisions in life, and avoid the pit the devil has dug for you.

Ever heard of the song Amazing Grace? live like someone who sees, not someone who've tasted the grace of God yet still live their lives blindly.

Upvote 0

reaThua9

Jun 25, 2019
Clonakilty
✟16,809.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!
After losing my faith, I’m now back on the journey to rediscovering my relationship with god. None of my friends or family are Christians so it’s proving quite a long and lonely journey so far.
Does anybody have any tips for finding bible study classes or any groups where I can meet others to discuss everything?!
I can’t seem to find anything other than Sunday services. I live in South West England!
Hello again!

Hi there! I don't live near your area so I can't help with that, but I do have two quick suggestions:

1. Consider starting your own group. If you're going to a church with Sunday services, you could ask the pastor if he knows anyone in the church who'd be interested in leading or joining a Bible study group. You could also just ask people yourself, once you've made a few friends during Sunday services. Start bringing it up to people around you, maybe offer your home as a meeting place, and you'd just need to find an older(spiritually) Christian who's willing to lead.

2. Pray. I'm sure you're already doing this but I had to include it -- tell the Lord that you're hungry for deeper fellowship. Tell Him that He's more than sufficient for you, but that he didn't make humans to be alone and you're really craving Christian support. Ask Him to reveal ways for you to find that fellowship.

I'll be praying for you, keep running the race and fighting the good fight!

Upvote 0

Kevin McCabe

Jul 1, 2019
London
Visit site
✟15,975.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Old Calendarist Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was born and raised in a Marxist family. I joined the communist part at the age of 17. Most of my adult life I was a communist till some enlightening life events (I might write them one day) brought me to faith. So don't lose your faith. God will work in his mysterious ways.

Upvote 0