United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article.
By New York’s own metrics, the state ranks 35th nationally on percentage of COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes.

ALBANY, N.Y. — Official figures from New York state likely under-represent the real number of nursing home residents who died as a result of COVID-19, according to a new report on Tuesday.

Officially, New York claims to have lost 6,600 nursing home residents to COVID-19, which would be just over 20% of the state’s total deaths. In neighboring New Jersey, nursing home residents account for 44% of the state’s total death toll, and in Pennsylvania, that figure rises to 68% of the total number of COVID-19 deaths.

Unlike other states, New York only tallies nursing home deaths from COVID-19 if they actually occurred in a nursing home. A resident of a nursing home who died from COVID-19 after being transported to a hospital for intensive care would not be considered a nursing home death in New York.

In an August 12 report by Associated Press, the New York statistics do not appear to tally either with regional patterns or with the current occupancy rates in nursing homes.

Continued below.
New York COVID-19 Stats Could Hide Real Nursing Home Death Toll

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think a lot of Covid deaths in general aren't reported. People claim they are over reported; but I think they are actually under reported.

The reason I think that is that the global numbers of unaccounted for deaths has skyrocketed above and beyond what a nations' death percentiles usually are; as well as above and beyond the Covid records. As far as I'm aware; only people who can be "confirmed" as Covid (either positive test or disease course clinically looks like Covid pneumonia) are counted in the Covid death numbers.

Yet all the sudden nations have spikes in people who die of strokes, "unknown heart issues", or kidney failure? And all those categories are essentially what Covid patients die of. We also know there are Covid patients who have mild respiratory involvement, but still have damage to other organs that appears to be caused by blood clotting issues. The person who had Covid consistent illness who's recovered; yet 6 months later suddenly dies of a heart attack when they had no known prior heart issues. I would conclude is probably a "Covid death". Yet they go in the "iffy category". We know technically what they died of; but we don't know why.

Then you got a lot of people like me. Had an illness consistent with Covid. Symptoms were consistent, laboratory work was consistent; (elevated d-dimer and ground glass opacities on CT scan) but test came back negative. (This happened with the "whistle blower doctor" in China. He was tested 3 times; all three tests came back negative.) So now four months post active infection; suddenly I have excessive platelets and lots of large funny shaped red blood cells accompanied by mysterious urinary issues. I was admitted to the hospital Memorial Day weekend for being acutely anemic. I've never been anemic before.

So..... what's going on here???

I think there is a lot more to this virus that both the medical community is struggling to understand as well as what certain types of researchers may know, that the rest of us aren't being told.

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think a lot of Covid deaths in general aren't reported. People claim they are over reported; but I think they are actually under reported.

The reason I think that is that the global numbers of unaccounted for deaths has skyrocketed above and beyond what a nations' death percentiles usually are; as well as above and beyond the Covid records. As far as I'm aware; only people who can be "confirmed" as Covid (either positive test or disease course clinically looks like Covid pneumonia) are counted in the Covid death numbers.

Yet all the sudden nations have spikes in people who die of strokes, "unknown heart issues", or kidney failure? And all those categories are essentially what Covid patients die of. We also know there are Covid patients who have mild respiratory involvement, but still have damage to other organs that appears to be caused by blood clotting issues. The person who had Covid consistent illness who's recovered; yet 6 months later suddenly dies of a heart attack when they had no known prior heart issues. I would conclude is probably a "Covid death". Yet they go in the "iffy category". We know technically what they died of; but we don't know why.

Then you got a lot of people like me. Had an illness consistent with Covid. Symptoms were consistent, laboratory work was consistent; (elevated d-dimer and ground glass opacities on CT scan) but test came back negative. (This happened with the "whistle blower doctor" in China. He was tested 3 times; all three tests came back negative.) So now four months post active infection; suddenly I have excessive platelets and lots of large funny shaped red blood cells accompanied by mysterious urinary issues. I was admitted to the hospital Memorial Day weekend for being acutely anemic. I've never been anemic before.

So..... what's going on here???

I think there is a lot more to this virus that both the medical community is struggling to understand as well as what certain types of researchers may know, that the rest of us aren't being told.

That's the problem. We aren't in a position to know much of anything. It doesn't help that the government, at least in America, has flubbed much of the statistics since the beginning (like in the article above, but there are worse examples.)

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That's the problem. We aren't in a position to know much of anything. It doesn't help that the government, at least in America, has flubbed much of the statistics since the beginning (like in the article above, but there are worse examples.)

Well, what was it Mark Twain said: If you don't read the news paper you're uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you're misinformed. All you can do is the best that you can to try and find the truth.

Upvote 0