florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
By the way, shouldn't CHRISTIANS be the ones pushing for a One World?
that is a good point. if everyone in the world were a Christian there would be peace on earth and everyone would be saved. the one world order should be about the saving over every soul.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
that is a good point. if everyone in the world were a Christian there would be peace on earth...

For about 5 minutes.
Thanks for throwing us all under the cause-of-all-the-world's-problem bus, by the way.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
are you following me around this board? lol.

No, I've been around this forum for about 11 years, it's the only one I participate in, and it's been really slow the last few months.

• Winner
Reactions: Jane_the_Bane
Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
No, I've been around this forum for about 11 years, it's the only one I participate in, and it's been really slow the last few months.
11 years? wow. i've been a member for 15. but not always here. btw, are you a witch?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
did you put a hex on me last night? i burned my thumb while steaming broccoli. i thought of you. lol.

You caught me.
Also, you probably want to close your closet door before you go to sleep tonight. I know most closet doors don't have locks, so maybe put something heavy in front of it...you know...for luck.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
that is a good point. if everyone in the world were a Christian there would be peace on earth and everyone would be saved.
Christianity would first have to stop fighting itself over who has the One True Christianity.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find the idea of the devil existing "questionable". If he does exist, I'd like to know what his beef is.

While I can understand pathological hatred for things, if for example Hitler lived for thousands of years I think he'd eventually become bored and move on from his anti-Semitic phase.

The devils "beef" is he wants to be worshiped by all of mankind ..... heil hitler .... heil satan .... heil supreme leader .... etc. they all want to be all powerful and rule the world ... and it is satan working within various individuals and groups of individuals to what he (satan) wants ... and they want what he wants ... to become God (ruler) over our world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
You caught me.
Also, you probably want to close your closet door before you go to sleep tonight. I know most closet doors don't have locks, so maybe put something heavy in front of it...you know...for luck.
actually, i do believe demons occupy closets. kids are not lying when they say a monster lives in their closet. demons need some kind of shelter. anything. a tree. a shoe. any object. whatever is handy. one came out of my closet when i was half asleep a few years ago and whispered right in my ear it wanted to kill me. not just kill me but slowly of suffocation. it scared the hell out of me. i never slept in my room again. demons exist. never doubt it. and they HATE people in a very strong way.

• Informative
Reactions: Prince_Ali
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
actually, i do believe demons occupy closets. kids are not lying when they say a monster lives in their closet. demons need some kind of shelter. anything. a tree. a shoe. any object. whatever is handy. one came out of my closet when i was half asleep a few years ago and whispered right in my ear it wanted to kill me. not just kill me but slowly of suffocation. it scared the hell out of me. i never slept in my room again. demons exist. never doubt it. and they HATE people in a very strong way.

But if a demon kills a Christian, he or she would go to heaven and get to hang out with god. Isn't that a little counter productive to what demons would supposedly want?

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
i hope this is in the right category. "do you believe the devil is working toward a new world order where Christianity is wiped out?"

I don't envision that "Christianity (will be) wiped out" rather that it's finest aspirations will be realized.

As a Baha'i I believe we are passing from a nationalistic era to a world consciousness era... The world is much more accessible to us these days... through the internet we can learn of events everywhere on the planet. What happens in the Amazon or Antarctica is conceptualized much better than when all we had was radio and newspapers in the forties. Our clothes and other products are made in China, India and other far away places...

The "devil" in my belief is symbolic of the lower human nature and is not an entity at war with God.

"...at last the call of the Kingdom was raised, the spiritual virtues and perfections were revealed, the Sun of Reality dawned, and the teachings of the Most Great Peace, of the oneness of the world of humanity and of the universality of men, were promoted. We hope that the effulgence of these rays shall become more and more intense, and the ideal virtues more resplendent, so that the goal of this universal human process will be attained and the love of God will appear in the utmost grace and beauty and bedazzle all hearts."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 284
Bahá'í Reference Library - Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Pages 283-295

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
that is a good point. if everyone in the world were a Christian there would be peace on earth and everyone would be saved. the one world order should be about the saving over every soul.

Integrity, conduct oneself with integrity and the One above will take care of everything.

Labels are more often than not an egotrip.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
If Christianity had the vast transformative power it's been claiming for nearly 2000 years, history books would tell a vastly different story. One where Christianised Europe truly became a force for good in the world. A history without feudalism, serfdom, wars ("holy" or otherwise), absolutist kings, torture, executions, colonialism, slavery, genocide, land stolen from indigenous populations...

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If Christianity had the vast transformative power it's been claiming for nearly 2000 years, history books would tell a vastly different story. One where Christianised Europe truly became a force for good in the world. A history without feudalism, serfdom, wars ("holy" or otherwise), absolutist kings, torture, executions, colonialism, slavery, genocide, land stolen from indigenous populations...

Ya that wasn't gonna happen. Even if Jesus really is/was God, I don't think it would change much. My macro view on the religion is that the history we have is what Jesus would have foreseen.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that capitalism Works decently well in the world because of its low requirements. Sure there are still problems but nothing compared to trying to implement a Christian or even communistic worldview. Heck even Anarchy could work great if people weren't so corrupt.

Freedom is quite the problem. But it's not like modern thinking is much better off as they are so blackpilled that we might as well hurry up and destroy ourselves completely with technology. But maybe the capitalists have a point, maybe technology will get us through this mess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Ya that wasn't gonna happen. Even if Jesus really is/was God, I don't think it would change much. My macro view on the religion is that the history we have is what Jesus would have foreseen.
My own macro view is that the actions of the followers of a religion reflects the teachings of that religion.

• Agree
Reactions: Prince_Ali
Upvote 0