New to Anime/Manga

Netto

NetNavi
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,687.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi all. I am new to anime/manga but I am really enjoying it! Its sooooooo great! Currently I only watch a few shows (on Cartoon Network). I have only seen DragonBall Z, Yu Yu hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, and Astro Boy. But I want to expand to different shows. Any suggestions? And any idea where I can watch them/ rent them/ buy them?

I also like manga better and I am currently reading Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2, Shaman King, Naruto, FLCL, Chobits. Any other suggestions??

taboo

Post Fiend
Feb 18, 2004
texas
Visit site
✟1,456.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, try shonen jump. they sell magazines full TO THA MAX of manga. (lol) www.shonenjump.com (im not thier sales person or anything, i just like them)

try watching foxbox or kidswb on saturday mornings if you want some more. (like yugioh, shamanking, ultimate muscle, and some 'fake' animes like teen titans, sonic the hedgehog, and kirby.) ^_^

Upvote 0

Koryu

Rurouni Kenshin Fan
Dec 11, 2003
Aumsville, Or, USA
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Christian
SAint Mark said:
You just have to watch Rurouni Kenshin!!! Trigun is good too. Watch those for starters... no idea where you can buy them though...

But as for unlicenced stuff go for Naruto! Download it from the net. Full Metal Alchemist is really good too.

Definitely go for the Kenshin...and Samurai X too, if you can find it. Spirited Away is really go too (in case you haven't noticed there are about 50 billion threads for it on this forums..sheesh...) and all the films that where made by Spirited Away maker (my apologies to all you Maker of Spirited Away fans but I can't spell, pronounce, OR remember his name at the moment. Please don't stone me... :sorry: )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

taboo

Post Fiend
Feb 18, 2004
texas
Visit site
✟1,456.00
Faith
Christian
and all the films that where made by Spirited Away maker

yes! 'my neighbor totoro' is an EXCELLENT movie, if you like the laid-back, old rural japan stuff. no violence, but makes up for it 100x with OUTSTANDING music, background and overall good feelings. ^_^ plus totoro is so cute....

Upvote 0

christiancheerleader

Mar 22, 2004
✟280.00
Faith
Catholic
I like to watch Inuyasha. That's really good. I use to watch Sailor Moon all the time. That's another one. Then there is pokemon,digimon(sp),bey blade,and hello kitty are all good to. If you want to find any mangas or anything else go to tokyopop.com
My fave mangas are Zodiac P.I.(1-4),Snow Drop,Girl Got Game, Marmalade Boy, Mars, Peach girl,Peach Girl:Change of Hearts,Paridise(sp)Kiss,Planet Ladder,Inuyasha and many many more.

Upvote 0

Koryu

Rurouni Kenshin Fan
Dec 11, 2003
Aumsville, Or, USA
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Christian
christiancheerleader said:
I like to watch Inuyasha. That's really good. I use to watch Sailor Moon all the time. That's another one. Then there is pokemon,digimon(sp),bey blade,and hello kitty are all good to. If you want to find any mangas or anything else go to tokyopop.com
My fave mangas are Zodiac P.I.(1-4),Snow Drop,Girl Got Game, Marmalade Boy, Mars, Peach girl,Peach Girl:Change of Hearts,Paridise(sp)Kiss,Planet Ladder,Inuyasha and many many more.

Snow Drop is good huh? I had seen it in the stores and on Tokyopop.com but never read it. MARS is awesome. I have the whole series and can't wait for June when the bonus novel come out. I kinds hated how it ended though....I wish they would have made it longer (sheesh I thought 15 novels was long). Peach Girl was cool too. I am usually not into mangs that are that much like a soap opera but I liked Peach Girl...

As far as Manga's go, anything by CLAMP is awesome. Magic Nights Rayearth is cool and X/1999 (both by CLAMP), I do draw the line at CLAMP school detectives and Man of Many Faces, I think it was called (I could be wrong about the title there). Vampire Game is really cool too.
I can't think of anymore right now but more might come to mind later.
(that was one LONG post :eek: )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.