United Kingdom
✟16,104.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi! I became a Christian in a Methodist church, and have been heavily involved in my local Pentecostal church. I left there due to some unpleasantness and prayed over where to go.

It is not just me, incidentally, as my Mother is also a Christian and she has only in the last few months really been on fire for God.

We tried a few churches, but none felt right. We prayed and prayed and I felt led of the Lord to try our local Anglican church. Now, I had always been ambiguous about the Anglicans although I have been to a few services in the past. So anyway, we went last Sunday and both of us instantly felt at home. My Mother told me she felt safe there and that it was like she had always been there, and I felt the same. During the service I felt God tell me that this was where He wanted us to be.

So now I am eager to learn as much as possible about the Anglican Church, its theology and liturgy. I was quite excited to see that they accept the Apocrypha, and that it is part of the Liturgy, as I have always been a fan of the Jerusalem and New Jerusalem Bibles.

Anyway, hope to make friends here and learn. Incidentally, I am in my mid-40s and am my Mothers full time carer.

Thank you! :wave:

NLTRay

Apr 19, 2010
United States
✟15,135.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I did the same thing. Though raised a Catholic when I became a Christian in 2009 I went to a Presbyterian Church but after a few years I realized the church was very lukewarm and I needed a church more profound.

We went to the Episcopal Church in town and have never looked back. We have found what we are looking for and we know that God steered us to this church.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi John,

Trust all is going well in your new church; I have been in a Church of England church for the last 5 years, as I am musical and organised the music, I was very happy. Now I have had to leave with lung problems which have to be managed, but still praising the Lord!

My background includes Methodist, Congregational, Charismatic, being involved in music..it has been a wonderful experience. :clap:

I am sure I will find a new fellowship; this forum is a wonderful place for music, especially Colin's thread on Catholic hymns and sacred music...excellent! A lot of the music is used in C of E, take a look.

With Every Blessing,
musicalpilgrim

Upvote 0