New study confirms significant benefit of Vitamin D supplementation in preventing COVID

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's just speculation, can't worry about that far into the future. Best to concern myself with what the Covid virus can wreak havoc on the body right now shoudl you get it whilst unvaccinated. I'm sure it far outweighs anything else.

You...ahem...like a good friend of mine's death, and his wife who is on Oxygen for who knows how long.....yeah, figured I'd drop that on you...a death of a very close family friend.

Have you lost a death of a friend or loved one due to them being unvaccinated? Who would you have to lose to Covid in order to at least see some merit in the vaccine? What kind of convincing would it take?

That said, that pretty much ends my participation in this topic, having to mention the death of a friend pretty much puts the end of this conversation.
Who said I was worried? This started because someone claimed there are no side effects beyond two weeks when someone was concerned what the vaccine might do to others in time... which is an unknown at this moment. Saying it grows a third arm out of ones head is an assumption (albeit highly unlikely and ridiculous assumption) so is "there is no long term damage" (albeit far more likely than the third arm... is still assumed, not fact)

Where did I say don't get vaccinated?
Where did I say vaccines don't have merit?

You assume these things and put words in my mouth that were not said.

All I did was point out and give examples to things that don't kill immediately, but have a long term effects on the human body that at one point and time were deemed "safe or acceptable" and still are, by the very same organization that regulates drugs (FDA).

If someone wants the vacvine, by all means, more power to them... free will exists for a reason.

Im not sure what the relevance is to losing anyone comsidering I didn't say one way or the other about the vaccines safety, just pointed out that what is known, at least to the general public is very limited and unless one travels in time, can not know today what the long term ramifications are for repeatedly injecting a substance into the human body can have. One can only assume, assumptions shouldn't be stated as fact.

As for you losing someone close to you for that I am genuinely sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looked that way to me.

No, it didn't. Here's why:
  • You only quoted part of what I said as if that was the only thing I said. That is a false accusation to make.
  • Showing partiality. You only see what you want and not what posters are actually saying.
  • Misconstruing what posters say on purpose is a negative influence.
The spirit of this is just not right, in other words.

I really do hope the best for you and everyone here.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it didn't. Here's why:
  • You only quoted part of what I said as if that was the only thing I said. That is a false accusation to make.
  • Showing partiality. You only see what you want and not what posters are actually saying.
  • Misconstruing what posters say on purpose is a negative influence.
The spirit of this is just not right, in other words.

I really do hope the best for you and everyone here.
Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's true. People assume all the time instead of asking questions because they feel the need to be right.

Also, I wonder why the CDC texted those who were vaccinated.... That tells me they didn't know how it would affect them.

It's all about testing.

Maybe this website will help you if you can see the faces and real people who died of COVID because they were too afraid to take the vaccine. Read their stories. Real people are dying from COVID, no one has died from the vaccine. Anyone can choose not to get vaccinated, but you're taking a risk on something that is killing people now verses a shot that's not killing people.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe this website will help you if you can see the faces and real people who died of COVID because they were too afraid to take the vaccine. Read their stories. Real people are dying from COVID, no one has died from the vaccine. Anyone can choose not to get vaccinated, but you're taking a risk on something that is killing people now verses a shot that's not killing people.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com

Actually I heard of several UK cases (one a radio presenter) which made the news where it was determined by a coroner or inquest, that they died from complications from a vaccine. It may be rare, but people have died.

Lisa Shaw: Presenter's death due to complications of Covid vaccine - BBC News

Mum-of-two, 36, died from rare complications of Covid jab, inquest reveals - Mirror Online

Covid vaccine: Woman who died was 'wrongly diagnosed' - BBC News

These symptoms occured within weeks of receiving the vaccine, however there doesn't seem to be any indications that there is a longer term risk of this rare complication.

Take a look at this and see the numbers in the UK who still died from COVID even after vaccination.

Deaths involving COVID-19 by vaccination status, England - Office for National Statistics

Why should these people on the website you posted have their pictures published for holding a view, or sharing a view about vaccinations? Can others not make their own minds up? Read other info about vaccination? Nobody was forced not to get vaccinated because of them. I read anti-vaxx websites, and also pro-vaxx info, and decided for the vaccination. But I am not going to keep running for jab after jab if it doesn't work.

Have their loved even given permission for their photos / stories to be used? Whatever you think about anti-vaxxers this doesn't seem right. Its like saying I told you so, and gloating over peoples death's but with no regard for their loved ones, who may not want this up.

So someone had a view outside the scientific mainstream, what is so unusual with that? - which didn't actually know for sure anyway and was taking a big risk too, vaccinating so many, and many of them on other meds with other conditions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may be rare, but people have died.

That's right, it's rare, but you can't use rarity as a reason not to get vaccinated. It's rather reaching for an excuse not to get it.

I mean, if you found out only one person died from the vaccine, and the rest survived, you'd use that one case for a reason not to get vaccinated?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Latest research from Israel shows Vit D seriously reduces Covid fatalities.

New study confirms significant benefit of Vitamin D supplementation in preventing COVID
From the Israeli study: "The peer-reviewed study followed 192 frontline healthcare workers, with 94 randomized to receive Vitamin D and 98 randomized to receive a placebo. Among the trial group, 6.4 percent contracted COVID during the study period, as compared to 24.5 percent of the placebo group."

Very impressive! Yet when I went to the CDC site no mention, pro or con, on the benefits for covid from Vitamin D?
Could it be because it's cheap therefor no money in it for Anthony Fauci, the NIH and pharma companies who are said to have paid millions of dollars in royalties for the vaccines to Anthony Fauci and the NIH?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the Israeli study: "The peer-reviewed study followed 192 frontline healthcare workers, with 94 randomized to receive Vitamin D and 98 randomized to receive a placebo. Among the trial group, 6.4 percent contracted COVID during the study period, as compared to 24.5 percent of the placebo group."

Very impressive! Yet when I went to the CDC site no mention, pro or con, on the benefits for covid from Vitamin D?
Could it be because it's cheap therefor no money in it for Anthony Fauci, the NIH and pharma companies who are said to have paid millions of dollars in royalties for the vaccines to Anthony Fauci and the NIH?
We're talking about one study released less than two weeks ago. Your jumping twelve leaps to this as validation of a conspiracy is noted. CDC has long recommended checking Vitamin D levels in taking histories with patients. Vitamin D has been no secret in its role in healthcare for many reasons.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's right, it's rare, but you can't use rarity as a reason not to get vaccinated. It's rather reaching for an excuse not to get it.

I mean, if you found out only one person died from the vaccine, and the rest survived, you'd use that one case for a reason not to get vaccinated?

Why would I do that? I was correcting some wrong information that no one had died in connection with a coronavirus vaccine or complications arising from it.

Last time I checked vaccination was not compulsory at least here in the UK, so everyone has a choice and can make their minds up for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We used a combination of natural remedies, diet, masks, social distance, and minimal public exposure. I used Instacart during the pandemic and avoided stores.

Exactly! I already was taking vitamin D along with a daily multivitamin before the pandemic even started, I'm vegan and eat whole food plant based, I got vaccinated, wore mask and shopped online with grocery delivery every week. I only went out to work and home. I was already a bit of a germaphobe and always washed my hands frequently and used hand sanitizer etc before COVID started also. I work in health care and never caught COVID thank God. So it's a combination of many things. I've worked with people in isolation for having been exposed to COVID but never with anyone who actually had it. I was required to test every week and every test was negative. I've always been the type who rarely ever catch a cold even as a kid. I've never had the flu. Probably from my germaphobeness LOL First thing I do when I get home from anywhere is take off those clothes and shoes even before COVID began. I very rarely ate out even before COVID because I don't trust public food and because of being vegan. I hate shaking people's hands, used hand sanitizer immediately after, so I was glad COVID put a stop to that. LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've worked with people in isolation for having been exposed to COVID but never with anyone who actually had it.

How did you happen to be working with people self-isolating? And how did you know they didn't have it when they had been exposed?

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If this virus actually altered peoples' physical appearance, like puss pockets on the face, they'd be clamoring for a vaccine.

Uh huh - and since it doesn't and it is respiratory virus what is the point about discussing the sort of virus it is not, and the supposed symtoms of some other virus, or your guesses about what people would want or not want in a wholly different state of affairs?

You do realise that most of the debate was not about vaccines generally or for other conditions, vaccines which actually work and protect for perhaps ten years, but about these particular vaccines and this particular coronavirus, I mean there are other coronaviruses before this one, never any panic about them. Some Governments scared people to death over this one, and I believe the fear inculcated about it, contributed to the death toll.

We haven't been routinely giving children the BCG Bacillus Calmette–Guérin vaccination in the UK for years, that was a decision not because of anti-vaxxers, but by government, and because cases of TB where becoming rarer. Over recent years there has been a increase in TB. The BCG vaccination actually worked, it protected people from TB, it didn't need boosted for ten years, you got a test (called the heaf test, or sterneedle test, or more recently the test used is the Mantoux test) weeks before hand to see if you needed the vaccination.

The BCG was also thought to boost protection from other viruses, though this could obviously not be proved in a conclusive way. No vaccine stops you getting a virus, if it works well it makes the symptoms milder.

Most people admitted to hospital with Covid-19 are vaccinated - Full Fact

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last time I checked vaccination was not compulsory at least here in the UK, so people have a choice and can make their minds up for themselves.

Several members of my family elected not to do so. Including the oldest. We’re also the wisest and most spiritually mature of the bunch. Trusting the Lord in that situation wasn’t difficult. We’ve done the same elsewhere.

While people we’re debating vaccines we were doubling down on preparedness and creating a storehouse. Once again we’re ahead of the pack.

Upvote 0