Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
According to their Facebook page, Archbishop Alejo of the OCA's Diocese of Mexico laid the cornerstone of their future St Basil's Pastoral College!
(Facebook page: Diócesis de México - Iglesia Ortodoxa en América)

And I would have shared pictures from the post if I knew how to post them here without having it take up the entire screen

Below is the Google Translated version of their post in Spanish
HIS EMINENCE ARCHBISHOP ALEJO LAYS THE FIRST STONE OF THE SAN BASILIO PASTORAL COLLEGE, IN THE STATE OF HIDALGO, MEXICO.

On June 4 of this year, the blessing of the first stone of the Chapel dedicated to Saint Basil the Great was carried out by his Eminence Archbishop Alejo. Liturgical celebration that continues with the festivities of the fifty years of the establishment of the Mexican Exarchate, now the Diocese of Mexico of the Orthodox Church in America.

"It is with singular joy that we inform you of a historic event for our diocese, which adds to the effort and work that many servants of God have done in the instruction of priestly vocations throughout these years," said Archbishop Alejo.

The Chapel dedicated to San Basilio el Grande [St Basil the Great], which will be the headquarters of the Orthodox Pastoral College, which is located in the town of Tepeitic, Mixquiahuala municipality, State of Hidalgo. The Orthodox Pastoral College, has as founders of blessed memory his Eminence Archbishop Demetrio, his Eminence Archbishop Antonio Chedraui and his Grace Bishop José. As well as currently continues to be promoted by our Lord the Eminence of him Archbishop Alejo. The facilities of the Pastoral College will have classrooms and bedrooms, with the intention of preparing new vocations for our diocese, however, it is not only reduced to the academic aspect, but at the same time it is intended to serve as a space to promote and develop a spiritual and liturgical life according to our Tradition. Let us pray to the Lord, so that this blessed project may reach its culmination, and become a place where the faith that the Holy Orthodox Church of our Lord Jesus Christ has preached throughout the centuries is taught and lived.

"Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it." Psalm 127:1

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nice, they should also do a Spanish translation of the Greek Old Testament and the New Testament. I use the "Reina Valera 1960" and I have seen some bias such as translating "hold fast the traditions we taught..." as "hold fast the doctrine we taught...".

Upvote 0