New Orleans Saints linebacker Demario Davis places spotlight on power of prayer after his daughter suffers seizure...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The New Orleans Saints won their season opener in dramatic fashion — defeating the Tennessee Titans 16-15 at the Caesars Superdome — but it was linebacker Demario Davis who stole the spotlight after the game with an amazing story of faith.

Instead of talking about Sunday’s Week 1 win, Davis, who led all players with 10 tackles, took five minutes to thank God after his 4-year-old daughter Carly-Faith quick recovery after she had suffered a seizure just two days earlier.

The 34-year-old Davis started the postgame news conference in what he called an “untraditional” way taking out a Bible and reading aloud Revelations 3:20: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

"When I tell you I got a chance to hear a knock from God," he said. “And what I want to share is, we get to play this game, and it's great. And there's so many amazing things that happened in that game. And everybody wants to hear about them.”

Davis then talked about the “knock” he had heard.

"She started to foam at the mouth,” Davis said when recalling his daughter’s seizure. “It was her worst seizure. For 30 minutes, she seized, she wouldn't come, and we had to call the paramedics.”

The Saints official account on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, even posted video from Davis’ post-game appearance before reporters. The team even posted the five-minute video to its website. The video went viral within hours and spread across social media on Monday.

Continued below.