New Mormon convert-raised by an Athiest and an Agnostic-Any questions?

WoundedImmortal

Never Injure What Cannot Die
May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
When replying to someone elses post, I thought I'd make one of these...

I was raised by parents who are against any kind of orginised religion-one is Agnostic, one I would consider more an Athiest but we don't talk about religion much...they are very very liberal.

When i was in college, I attended church for the first time. It was a methodist church-after that, I went on to attend churches or places of worship of 14 different religions-if someone invited me, I'd go-I'd research. Nothing quite suited me.

I finnally settled into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and after investigating, doing my research...I was baptised on New years eve 2005, and confirmed New Years day 2006. (Nice symbolic day, 'eh?)

So...any questions? So long as there's no Mormon bashing, I'm game :) And if you want to discuss things about the LDS faith in general, you're probably better off making a thread in the LDS sub-forum-'cause I'm just a new convert.

WoundedImmortal

May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
[FONT=&quot]Only people that don't live here have ever jokingly referred to me living in south-Canada...I've also been asked if I've seen a polar-bear, to which I replied "Not in Maine, but I've seen one in southern California-Penguins too." (The San Diego zoo)

I don't have any normal job for a living-I can't take any job where I work on a set schedule, because of my epilepsy I will miss too many days and end up losing the job :( I've had such jobs as cleaning peoples houses where my "schedule" is "Come in twice a week", and doing proofreading. I also run a message board for the game The Sims 2 with my boyfriend, but I don't get paid for that, that's just fun. :)
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WoundedImmortal

May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, growing up and not exposed to any church at all, I always felt there was something more. As a teen I would not exactly pray but "talk to God" when i had a rough day-I strated exploring different religions when i got out of the house and into college. I invstigated my current church for several months before becoming baptised-it was the first church where I felt I really fit in, and that really made full sense to me. I really felt at home there, like I was part of a family.

Oh, and by the way...my parents were raised in diffferent churches and left. My mother was a Catholic, and my father an Eastern Orthodox. They were forced into religions they didn't believe in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WoundedImmortal

May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

WoundedImmortal

May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
I made it in photoshop, most of it is painted...but I got frusterated trying to paint my nose so I actually cut out my real nose from a photograph...added it as a layer...and then blended it in and tried to make it look painted...didn't work as well as I liked, but I like the way it turned out. I did it for my boyfriend, because i hardly *ever* take photographs of myself, and all the ones I have are really bad or old.

Upvote 0