✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Announcement

We have updated our moderation protocol so please click on the link and review the new protocol for actioning rule violations. If you have any questions please start a thread in the Member Services Center.

Happy Belated Easter!

In honor of the most significant and holy week of our Christian Faith, the CF Advisors and Admins have decided to remove all unexpired staff actions from our member's profiles. The only staff action that will remain is the CPM (Counseling PM). Please send a PM to a CF Administrator to request the removal of your staff actions. We are doing this as a demonstration of the grace and forgiveness that Christ freely offered to us through his ultimate sacrifice on the cross. May God richly bless you and give you His peace this Easter.

“It has been said there was a cross in the heart of God long before the cross was erected at Calvary. As we think about it we will be overwhelmed at the wonder and greatness of His love for us.” -- Billy Graham

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. -- Galatians 2:20

“I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die." -- John 11:25-26

CF Administrators
@FreeinChrist @God's Child @Hammster @MarkRohfrietsch @Post Tenebras Lux @PreachersWife2004 @Tallguy88

Last edited:

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We no longer have infractions, we only issue warnings for staff actions. We have included information about grace PM's and Requests for Edit, which may be issued by staff if the rule violation is mild and doesn't merit a warning. Also, we no longer have restrictions on who can and can't report violations of the flaming/goading rule.

Here is the old moderation protocol:

Penalties will be applied by means of counseling PM's, warnings, infractions, and bans.

Staff action process is as follows:

1st incident: Counseling Private Message (CPM)
2nd incident: Warning
3rd and subsequent incidents: Infractions

CPMs are issued only once and do not expire.
Warnings will expire after three months.
Infractions will expire after six months.

Special Bans

Eban: An e-ban is a permanent site wide ban for members with fewer than 100 posts who are spamming or trolling the board.
Cool-down ban: Staff may issue cool-down bans at any time, with a duration of 24-96 hours.
MSC Ban: Staff may issue an indefinite site wide ban contingent on the member starting a thread in the Member Services Center for removal of ban.
Admin Ban: Admins may issue permanent bans to members for unacceptable behavior.

Staff Actions for Violation of the Flaming and Goading Rule

Please see the flaming and goading rule for more information about reporting violations of flaming and goading. If staff determines that a reported post clearly violates the guidelines in the flaming and goading rule, they will issue bans. No warnings, no PMs, no requests for self-edits. If you do not have a CPM on record, the first violation will result in a CPM. Once a member has a CPM, all flaming or goading violations will result in a ban according to the following protocol:

1st offense - 1 day ban
2nd offense - 3 day ban
3rd offense - 1 week ban
4th offense - 1 week ban
5th offense - 1 month ban

This Protocol applies to flaming and goading violations only. Violations of all other site-wide rules will be actioned according to the CPM/Warning/Infraction protocol. Administrators reserve the right to issue permanent bans. All bans may be appealed in MSC (Members Services Center).

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is the new Moderation Protocol:

Staff Actions for Violation of CF Rules

Members and staff may report posts, signatures, avatars, custom titles, PMs, Chat Box comments, etc. which they think may be in violation of CF Forums' rules. Staff members review reports and come to consensus on whether or not there is a violation, and if so, what the consequences should be.

Rule violations will be actioned by counseling PM's, warnings, RFE's, GPM's, and bans.

Counseling Private Message (CPM): issued once and do not expire
Warnings: worth 1 point and expire after 3 months
Requests for Edits (RFE): may be sent for mild violations
Grace Private Messages's (GPM): may be sent for mild violations
Bans: used at the discretion of staff; please see list of bans below

1st violation: Counseling Private Message (CPM)
Subsequent violations: Warnings
RFE's, GPM's and Bans may be issued at the discretion of staff.
Three points will result in a one month sitewide ban from CF.

Types of Bans

Eban: An e-ban is a permanent site wide ban for members with fewer than 100 posts who are spamming or trolling the board.
Cool-down ban: Staff may issue cool-down bans at any time, with a duration of 24-96 hours.
Thread Ban: Staff may ban members from individual threads for multiple violations within threads.
Forum Ban: Staff may ban members from specific forums for multiple violations within forums.
MSC Ban: Supervisors and Admins may issue an indefinite site wide ban contingent on the member starting a thread in the Member Services Center for removal of ban.
Admin Ban: Admins may issue permanent bans to members for unacceptable behavior.

Warnings may be appealed in the MSC (Member Services Center).

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How very kind and gracious, thank you.

I feel silly asking, but how do i check my warnings, etc?

And thank you again, and may God's grace be on all of you and your families (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How very kind and gracious, thank you.

I feel silly asking, but how do i check my warnings, etc?

And thank you again, and may God's grace be on all of you and your families (((hug)))

You're welcome :)
Just send a PM to an Admin or start a thread in the MSC and we can let you know what's on your record (if anything).

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You're welcome :)
Just send a PM to an Admin or start a thread in the MSC and we can let you know what's on your record (if anything).

Thank you. :)

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is the new Moderation Protocol:

Staff Actions for Violation of CF Rules

Members and staff may report posts, signatures, avatars, custom titles, PMs, Chat Box comments, etc. which they think may be in violation of CF Forums' rules. Staff members review reports and come to consensus on whether or not there is a violation, and if so, what the consequences should be.

Rule violations will be actioned by counseling PM's, warnings, RFE's, GPM's, and bans.

Counseling Private Message (CPM): issued once and do not expire
Warnings: worth 1 point and expire after 3 months
Requests for Edits (RFE): may be sent for mild violations
Grace Private Messages's (GPM): may be sent for mild violations
Bans: used at the discretion of staff; please see list of bans below

Types of Bans

Thread Ban: Staff may ban members from individual threads for multiple violations within threads.
Forum Ban: Staff may ban members from specific forums for multiple violations within forums.
MSC Ban: Supervisors and Admins may issue an indefinite site wide ban contingent on the member starting a thread in the Member Services Center for removal of ban.

Warnings may be appealed in the MSC (Member Services Center).
This is all getting confusing. It seems that rule infractions can now be handled any myriad of ways, as opposed to a clear and concise way of handling problems. Doesn't this invite folks to push the limits of grace and "mild violations"? And if a ban occurs within one thread or sub-forum, that does nothing to prevent an issue elsewhere on the boards, and the report process starts all over again.
The arbitrary nature of these staff actions now seem almost laughable.

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is all getting confusing. It seems that rule infractions can now be handled any myriad of ways, as opposed to a clear and concise way of handling problems. Doesn't this invite folks to push the limits of grace and "mild violations"? And if a ban occurs within one thread or sub-forum, that does nothing to prevent an issue elsewhere on the boards, and the report process starts all over again.

It's actually a clearer way to handle moderation. Violations will receive warnings and three warnings will result in a one month sitewide ban from CF. Staff has the option to send RFE's or Grace PM's as needed. Members can be banned from threads or forums as needed, but they wouldn't be banned from all of CF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

actually i like this much better than the rules and procedures that it has replaced.
this new system is comon sense in action, and is much more in keeping with a Christian site.

as for 'pushing the limits'?? I don't think so.
it's actually much more difficult to learn to bridle the tongue,
moderate the language, and deliberately tread a narrow line
while watching all the P's and Q's,
than it is to completely loose it, and break the rules.
that's why grace is an effective reward for learning those temper-keeping skills.

Just like learning to color within the lines takes fine motor control,
so does learning to post within the rules contribute to better communication.

as for the forum-specific bans, they provide a relief system for those who have been
the victims of regular forum abusers, while at the same time restricting those same abusers
from their former habitual haunts.
You might be surprized at how effective this punishment actually is--and also how it follows both a biblical
and a modern day prescident.

So way to go, staffers! This is a good move.

Reactions: Sojourner1
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
by the way, with the roll-out of this new protocol, will the previous flaming/goading protocol announcements either
be modified or retired?
ie:
Flaming and Goading rule and NEW Protocols

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David4223

Matthew 11:28
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Lancaster, NY
✟128,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So does them mean that flaming/goading no longer result in bands? I did read it just want to make sure I understand it.

Each warning would earn 1 point. So if they have three points, they earn a ban. :)

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Each warning would earn 1 point. So if they have three points, they earn a ban. :)
I understand that I was wondering about being banned outright for a single violation?

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand that I was wondering about being banned outright for a single violation?

This protocol is gone:

If staff determines that a reported post clearly violates the guidelines in the flaming and goading rule, they will issue bans. No warnings, no PMs, no requests for self-edits. If you do not have a CPM on record, the first violation will result in a CPM. Once a member has a CPM, all flaming or goading violations will result in a ban according to the following protocol:

1st offense - 1 day ban
2nd offense - 3 day ban
3rd offense - 1 week ban
4th offense - 1 week ban
5th offense - 1 month ban

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0