• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New meds and success getting rid of voices and bad spirits...

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm on Rexulti now 4mg and I just wanted to report that the voices are all but gone. Hallucinations are gone (a few a week but OK). And the bad spirits I would see can't bother me now (except sometimes when I'm trying to sleep but it's kinda easy to ignore them too).

I get controlled by God (at least that's how I interpret it) though. And I'm wondering if anyone else gets controlled by God or some other force. And if so how do you overcome this?

I have to go back to work full time now and when I try to do a job search the force stops me and redirects me elsewhere.

I'm new to this phenomena of schizophrenia and only recently became aware of it.

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You should be proud of the progress of your journey, devin. I am very much impressed. My sister in law is bipolar, schizophrenic, and etc. The dif is that she won't admit she needs to address these issues, and instead has concocted these fantasies of psychiatry as a conspiracy by white men to suppress women so forth and so on. She took the easy way out, which is causing her horrible hardships.

Yet you show all of us that this situation can be stabilized, dealt with, and moved forward.

So proud of you. Praying for your continued success.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You should be proud of the progress of your journey, devin. I am very much impressed. My sister in law is bipolar, schizophrenic, and etc. The dif is that she won't admit she needs to address these issues, and instead has concocted these fantasies of psychiatry as a conspiracy by white men to suppress women so forth and so on. She took the easy way out, which is causing her horrible hardships.

Yet you show all of us that this situation can be stabilized, dealt with, and moved forward.

So proud of you. Praying for your continued success.

Thank you for your support. Sorry to hear about your sister. One time the Holy Ghost spoke to me loudly in Peace and Love and told me to see a doctor for it. I kinda look at it now that if I don't I might be denying his message. I guess I got blessed. I will pray for your sister.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
O a
I'm on Rexulti now 4mg and I just wanted to report that the voices are all but gone. Hallucinations are gone (a few a week but OK). And the bad spirits I would see can't bother me now (except sometimes when I'm trying to sleep but it's kinda easy to ignore them too).

I get controlled by God (at least that's how I interpret it) though. And I'm wondering if anyone else gets controlled by God or some other force. And if so how do you overcome this?

I have to go back to work full time now and when I try to do a job search the force stops me and redirects me elsewhere.

I'm new to this phenomena of schizophrenia and only recently became aware of it.
I can't tell you how happy this made me. My mother suffered so much with this disease Never to be released from it until she died. That was in the days where the meds didn't work very well. I am praying for your complete and permanent good health!!
God bless you!

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
O a
I can't tell you how happy this made me. My mother suffered so much with this disease Never to be released from it until she died. That was in the days where the meds didn't work very well. I am praying for your complete and permanent good health!!
God bless you!

My doctor said it's progressive. Sorry about your mother:( My symptoms got worse over a 10 year period and I had to change medication. It took me 5 years of trying different medications to find one that didn't make me sleep all day.

Upvote 0

Drifter91

Jul 6, 2019
Seoul
✟14,547.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

it

try your best to welcome other coping mechanisms if you want to stave off this illness because it can help. your reflexes of coping mechanisms can help you along your journey of life. find comfort if you need it...it's good to familiarize yourself with your coping mechanisms. you're gonna have to take care of yourself until meds get rid of mental illness completely like with one pill. hopefully these meds will back you up for a long time. for coping mechanisms, be creative.
fortunately, the meds are helping. find out about your illness if you want and your meds too. keep your condition good. i hope you continue to handle your illness just fine. be careful of your friends because some of them may not understand. hopefully mental illnesses will be gone forever because i have one. just have good strategy to your problems. they say the earlier you get your illness, the better but i wish i got mine a lot later so i could've enjoyed life for a long time...
take care of yourself. just for yourself, be good to yourself, you know?...

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
try your best to welcome other coping mechanisms if you want to stave off this illness because it can help. your reflexes of coping mechanisms can help you along your journey of life. find comfort if you need it...it's good to familiarize yourself with your coping mechanisms. you're gonna have to take care of yourself until meds get rid of mental illness completely like with one pill. hopefully these meds will back you up for a long time. for coping mechanisms, be creative.
fortunately, the meds are helping. find out about your illness if you want and your meds too. keep your condition good. i hope you continue to handle your illness just fine. be careful of your friends because some of them may not understand. hopefully mental illnesses will be gone forever because i have one. just have good strategy to your problems. they say the earlier you get your illness, the better but i wish i got mine a lot later so i could've enjoyed life for a long time...
take care of yourself. just for yourself, be good to yourself, you know?...

I got my illness around 27 years old, but had anxiety and depression since 24 years old. The meds are getting better which is nice. I'll work on my coping mechanisms.

Upvote 0

Drifter91

Jul 6, 2019
Seoul
✟14,547.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I got my illness around 27 years old, but had anxiety and depression since 24 years old. The meds are getting better which is nice. I'll work on my coping mechanisms.
when i was 13, i got my illness. i was 17 when it got real bad. good for you though.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My doctor said it's progressive. Sorry about your mother:( My symptoms got worse over a 10 year period and I had to change medication. It took me 5 years of trying different medications to find one that didn't make me sleep all day.
It just sounds like you have so much control over it. My mother didn't. It had control over her most of the time. She was not in this world. That was over 60 years ago when there wasn't much to offer. She did have shock treatments even. It was hard on us but not so much as on her. There sounds like there is so much hope for you. God is there for you. Stay strong and in control!
Blessings.

• Agree
Reactions: JacobKStarkey
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It just sounds like you have so much control over it. My mother didn't. It had control over her most of the time. She was not in this world. That was over 60 years ago when there wasn't much to offer. She did have shock treatments even. It was hard on us but not so much as on her. There sounds like there is so much hope for you. God is there for you. Stay strong and in control!
Blessings.

I'm pretty thankful for the medicines of today. I have yet to have shock treatments, but my ex-brother in law did, but they put him under first though. I'm really glad I'm in this day and age. I know a little about what they used to do for people like me :(

• Prayers
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The shock treatments really helped my mom.
You said the doc said it is progressive, What does that mean?

My ex brother in law said the shock treatments helped him too.

I believe progressive means that it gets worse as the years go on.My sister has it too and over the years they have slowly increased her meds. They have to watch her blood levels carefully though. She's on a different med than me.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you:)

• Friendly
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laury

Jan 3, 2016
Bavaria
✟16,550.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

These are Delusions of Control, a relatively common delusion people experience with Schizophrenia. Most important step would be bringing it up with your psychiatrists/therapist so they can adapt your treatment accordingly.

Maybe this can give you some insights on how to understand and resist it.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
O a
God bless you!
I want to correct something I said here. Most of my mothers adult life was with this disease but the last few years she seemed very well. She died young in her 40's but nothing to do with her illness. I really felt she did grow out of it considering she had it for at least 20 years. I am grateful for the few well years before she died. I am not sure why the doc would say that to you but my moms was one of the worst cases. You have God and it is up to him. Each case is different. Don't let what he said discourage you..
I am sorry your sister has it also. It is hereditary as you probably know. Seems it can hit every other generation. A few of the nieces got it on moms side. FYI although you probably know all of that.
God bless you and keep you!

Upvote 0