New Matthew Translation, your opinions? (CHAP 1-2)

James Macbeth

May 12, 2022
College Station
✟10,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would prefer you align your translation closer to KJV. I see NKJV translation sometimes do not provide clarity as much KJV. Though I use NKJV, it is because they provide clarity in regard to modern English.
Original word or text meaning in Hebrew, Greek, would provide good explanation; faster look up would be much appreciated.
If you have difficulty in translation, stick to KJV — that would provide more insight.
I am just telling what I consider Helpful.

I do also see CJB translation. CJB translation I find pleasant to read though different than KJV. You could consider their approach.

If you do translate anything, do it in FAITH.
Let the Spirit of God guides you in all things.

Hello,
Yes thank you for your kind words.
I am using the King James Bible as my base text!
I've tried others, but that's the best one.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Professing Christians seem to like to dabbel with Holy Scripture; and I certainly would avoid any ideas of various souls to promote their own invention of God's intent. I hold to the KJV (not the new ideas about it), and allow all souls to read whatever they like; but warn against the many ideas people have to keep changing God's Word every few years, to dabble with God's intended "Word Of Truth".

Upvote 0

James Macbeth

May 12, 2022
College Station
✟10,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Professing Christians seem to like to dabbel with Holy Scripture; and I certainly would avoid any ideas of various souls to promote their own invention of God's intent. I hold to the KJV (not the new ideas about it), and allow all souls to read whatever they like; but warn against the many ideas people have to keep changing God's Word every few years, to dabble with God's intended "Word Of Truth".

Please tell me more.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please tell me more.

Well, James, let me add that while many Christians have their favorite Bible version, I do not appreciate the various writers who KEEP trying to re-word Scripture to conform to modern word usages, by making new modernistic changes --it is often misleading. As I review many versions (and new ones every few years), I find some mis-interpreting the words from the original meaning.
I hold to the Scofield KJV Study Bible, which uses the same KJV wording, but has margin explanation of the true meanings of the words; and footnotes to show how a verse fits with "all the counsel of God" and be "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as God enjoins us to do. I see it as very reliable; yet allow ALL to read anything they choose.

I do NOT forbid one from reading any Bible they like, but want to let readers know we NEED to be sure we are seeing the "mind of God", as I often try to explain to some who totally reject the KJV as being "old fashion" ideas --a rediculous conclusion.
Again, I will say, as the old saying goes: "to each his own choice".

I have found one can get a sound overview of God's intent for our path and His purposes at the Biblecounsel.net website; which has helped me much. Keep looking up, and seeking our God's leading, brother.

Upvote 0

James Macbeth

May 12, 2022
College Station
✟10,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your input! Based off those I have returned to the anvil of translation and made some small changes.

I got rid of "Wizards" and went with "Godfathers", also went with "sacred SPIRIT" instead of "sacred GHOST", and fixed a grammar mistake.

The 3rd Chapter is done, I will be uploading it soon.

May our Lord be with you, and with thy spirit. -JM

Upvote 0