✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Congrats. . . excited for my own due in July.

We actually bought a doll from Goodwill and are working with our dog Luther right now to teach him to be gentle around the doll and not to freak out if it starts crying.

We actually swaddled the doll, looked up baby crying videos on youtube and played them on my wife's phone and stuck the phone inside the swaddle with the doll.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our cats have been very good. They aren't even bothered when she is crying and our skittish one has ceased to be skittish (she was taking a bath when the baby was crying full-force). They leave her alone, but will sometimes get close to look when we are feeding her or if she's sleeping on her napper on the floor.

We played YT videos of babies crying before hand too :)

Remember to have someone take the newborn hat they give at birth to your dog before you come home and ideally something all three of you have touched too.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our cats have been very good. They aren't even bothered when she is crying and our skittish one has ceased to be skittish (she was taking a bath when the baby was crying full-force). They leave her alone, but will sometimes get close to look when we are feeding her or if she's sleeping on her napper on the floor.

We played YT videos of babies crying before hand too :)

Remember to have someone take the newborn hat they give at birth to your dog before you come home and ideally something all three of you have touched too.

I was concerned about the crying a bit. Mostly because if my wife cries about anything, Sad movie, too much stress, or just the general pregnancy emotions that occasionally happen, Luther (our dog) gets really upset when she's crying. We keep him loosely gated usually in a small area of our house and he starts barking and whining if he hears my wife crying.

But he so far has done pretty good with the baby crying noises.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
June 2 is the official baptism date. Her dress is almost done and she looks so cute in it. Hubby's mom made a hat too but I don't see that working out (especially since the water is going to be poured over her head, but his mom has never been to a baptism).

We were talking about what I got at the grocery store and I said I bought swordfish and she said that it's one of the not allowed foods because it doesn't have scales (she's SDA). Then she said she thought it was from a verse in Leviticus...and God told Noah about not eating it.

*facepalm* I had to correct that it was Moses, but I wasn't about to debate with her about old covenant law. My only worry is that grandma will teach her incorrectly. Hubby is going to have to have a talk with her eventually. At least now she knows we're Lutheran and are raising her that way.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Fwiw ...

"Swordfish. By Rabbi David J. Fine of Temple Israel, Ridgewood NJ.

"Standard Orthodox practice considers swordfish a non-kosher fish because it does not have scales. However, the Law Committee, in another paper by Rabbi Isaac Klein, permits swordfish. While it is true that an adult swordfish does not have scales, it does have scales before it reaches adulthood.

"Even though non-matured swordfish are generally thrown back in the sea, the fish itself is taxonomically classified as a scaled-fish, much like human beings are indeed "haired mammals" even though many mature males have lost their head of hair."

What is Kosher?

Upvote 0