Sep 22, 2003
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
✟8,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
so i was surfin the interweb and came accross this article. I know that as linked to another thread about sex offenders we had on here that i started as far as what everyone thought should be done with sex offenders....well if some were praying about it, Texas just now passed a new law to give the option of the death penalty for repeated sex offenders....here is the link what do yall think??

http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=6094c96d67cb765b

puffca

Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
so i was surfin the interweb and came accross this article. I know that as linked to another thread about sex offenders we had on here that i started as far as what everyone thought should be done with sex offenders....well if some were praying about it, Texas just now passed a new law to give the option of the death penalty for repeated sex offenders....here is the link what do yall think??

http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=6094c96d67cb765b
“I honestly think the death penalty should be reserved for killing another human being,”...

So, I think it is the killing of the child that brings the death penalty, not the sexual offending. Did I miss something?

I should add that I don't think death penalty is suitable for any case that doesn't involve killing. No matter how evil a sex offender is, as long as nobody died, to kill him is leading the legal system to a strange direction.

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
“I honestly think the death penalty should be reserved for killing another human being,”...

So, I think it is the killing of the child that brings the death penalty, not the sexual offending. Did I miss something?

I should add that I don't think death penalty is suitable for any case that doesn't involve killing. No matter how evil a sex offender is, as long as nobody died, to kill him is leading the legal system to a strange direction.

I agree. Honestly, I'm against the death penalty entirely, but in the case of murder, at least it's "an eye for an eye." Applying the death penalty for a sex offense, as horrible as it can be to a victim, is going beyond that.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree. Honestly, I'm against the death penalty entirely, but in the case of murder, at least it's "an eye for an eye." Applying the death penalty for a sex offense, as horrible as it can be to a victim, is going beyond that.
A sex offense, depending on its severity, can be worse than death.

Reactions: Tink
Upvote 0

Laurie919

Apr 4, 2007
Louisiana
✟13,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A sex offense, depending on its severity, can be worse than death.
Yes it can. It also can screw a woman up for life. She either becomes fidgid or easy, gets into something like BDSM. So they deserve to be hurt like they hurt the person.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing that could make it better would be if it was mandatory and not optional.
Given the wide range of sex offenses, I will disagree with you there. There's a difference between an inappropriate touch and the Channon Christian treatment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you read the op, it is speaking of repeated sex offenders. We are not talking about minor crimes. For rape and molestation, I am all for the death penalty.
Yes I know, and not all sexual offense is rape. Groping can make you a sex offender, for instance. A guy that has a groping habit isn't the same as a rapist. He's a sex offender, and he probably can't be cured, but he sure shouldn't be executed. A repeat rapist on the other hand, I can see executing.

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the person is a repeating sexual offender, then rehabilitation obviously isn't working. No matter how minor the preceived crime.

On the groping issue... that is generally how molesters start. They then move on. So if a person is repeatedly molesting (groping) children, then I have no problem putting them to death. If they are constantly repeating the behavior after each time they are released, rehabilitation isn't working.

Coach

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What good is life in prison? I am firmly against life in prison because it is pointless. If we are never going to let these people out into society again, what is the point of keeping them alive? We need to rehab and give skill training to the ones we can, and put the rest to death. Life without parole is pointless. It serves no purpose. What good are these people to society? None. Kill them or rehab them.

Coach

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CoachR64

Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is only more expensive because life is an option. The appeals and fights for life without parole eat up all the money. It wouldn't be near as expensive if they simply carried the sentence out swiftly. Give them 90 days to get their affairs on order, then execute them. This is one of the those problems that truly does have a simple solution.

Coach

Upvote 0