New Jersey Governor caught dining mask-less with family

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
The New Jersey governor was caught having a nice steak dinner with his family not wearing masks, meanwhile he has shut down the whole stayed arrested and harassed small business owners. Previously he called diners selfish. Boy did these people lay into him. I am unable to post the video because he and his family were called some choice words.

It is on YouTube. query NJ governor eating mask-less.

Another do as I say not as I do fraud politician.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
How do you eat with a mask on?

That's not the point. The point is that he has been heavy handed in curtailing NJ citizens freedoms. He previously called diners selfish. he has ruined countless small businesses but yet it is OK for him and his family to have steaks and dine maskless.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
He’s the governor of my state. All I’ll say is, he’s not a very competent governor and his hypocrisy isn’t surprising. He’ll be reelected though because NJ is a solidly blue, corrupt state.

Same here in Massachusetts a very liberal governor but not as heavy handed as NJ.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The New Jersey governor was caught having a nice steak dinner with his family not wearing masks, meanwhile he has shut down the whole stayed arrested and harassed small business owners. Previously he called diners selfish. Boy did these people lay into him. I am unable to post the video because he and his family were called some choice words.

Didn't you know the Govs are better than us plebs [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sounds to me like these women don't know what the mandates are in NJ. If they did they would not have attacked him, there was no reason that they couldn't have been doing exactly what he and his family were.
Willful ignorance is rampant in this country right now.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
127614419_10160176856729045_5313782797062621863_o.jpg

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Any reduction in gatherings of people will benefit those who are at risk of severe complications from the virus. 80 year olds don’t go to frat parties, but 19 year olds do. 19 year olds go to gas stations and grocery stores and they visit their parents and they go to the Doctor...they move the virus. Everyone moves the virus. The less people infect each other no matter the demographic, the safer those at risk are.

One thing I like to do when issues like this that are hotly politicized by absolute blowhards on both sides of the political spectrum come up is ask the people I will go to for care what they think. My Pulmonologist is someone who’s opinion I respect very much. He is not an all-knowing deity, but he has expertise that I do not. He is urging people to mask up and avoid gatherings that aren’t necessary - especially as we approach the homestretch before vaccines are widely available - and that’s good enough for me.

I work for a major Harvard teaching hospital and an epidemiologist told me I should have nothing to worry about. I have no co-morbidities and am not elderly. If you read any of my posts here I always advocate wearing masks but I refuse to be a useful idiot and allow government to overstep their authority by telling me how to spend my thanksgiving. Some people would would follow their leaders into the concentration camp. As they say in NH "live free or die"

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Has he stated a requirement to wear masks outdoors at a table with your family in NJ?
We have to wear masks in-between bites of food here.

• Haha
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have to wear masks in-between bites of food here.
I don’t even bother going out to eat anymore. If I order something, I just take it home.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

SashaMaria

He is risen! Alleluia!
Jun 23, 2018
East coast
✟203,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don’t even bother going out to eat anymore. If I order something, I just take it home.

It’s only take out here or outdoor dining in warm weather. I haven’t eaten out with friends or family since the covid lockdowns in March and really miss doing it. It was one of my primary social activities.

Many mornings when I’d be bored or upset about something, I’d go to one of the Barnes & Noble bookstores and buy a book or magazine and then into the coffee shop for a muffin and tea and reading. Miss that too . . .

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s only take out here or outdoor dining in warm weather. I haven’t eaten out with friends or family since the covid lockdowns in March and really miss doing it. It was one of my primary social activities.

Many mornings when I’d be bored or upset about something, I’d go to one of the Barnes & Noble bookstores and buy a book or magazine and then into the coffee shop for a muffin and tea and reading. Miss that too . . .
I know. Things are just not normal right now and very confusing with all these mixed messages.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Everything's on lockdown at the moment, so the only thing you can do is carry-out. I'm thinking about trying GrubHub or DoorDash delivery if I get sick of cooking at home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything's on lockdown at the moment, so the only thing you can do is carry-out. I'm thinking about trying GrubHub or DoorDash delivery if I get sick of cooking at home.
They won’t deliver in my area unfortunately. Blah.

• Informative
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0