New Internet Brave Browser that blocks Ads.

Rod That Budded

Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia
✟810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
At Christian Forums, we use ads to generate revenue so we can continue to invest in new servers, better features and our time to continue working to improve the site! We also offer a low cost, one time upgrade (as well as other monthly and yearly options) that gets rid of advertisements for your account forever.
Very strange coming from a new member. Don't the ads only pay if they're clicked on?

• Agree
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will keep the ads on this site. I can switch back and forth from Brave to Google.

No need to switch. You can use Brave and allow ads from selected sites.

Also, this site has signed up for the "Brave rewards" program, which means you can send them a tip whenever you want, and/or reward them monthly according to how much you use the site.

I wonder how that works and is it safe?

Yes, the rewards for accepting ads from Brave is much safer than allowing google/doubleclick/hundreds of others to spy on you as part of their ad program. Please don't take my word for it though, do your due diligence and find out what reputable organizations say about Brave's policies.

• Informative
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Brent W, the CF tech guy, sent out this alert to everyone today:

1. Hi ewq1938, we have partnered with the Brave Browser. Brave is a web browser that puts your privacy first and improves the speed of browsing around the internet. Click here to learn more and start browsing secure
    Today at 3:45 PM

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟421,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For those who do not know much about Brave, it is built from the Google Chrome core. It is however far better and more secure than Chrome is.

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From now on most of my BAT tokens will be paid out to this site. I joined these forum years ago, but have been using ad blockers in Firefox. Those ads were awful, but Brave's are not as bad.

Update: To be honest - I don't use Brave anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brave's "New Private Window With Tor" feature may be a little dangerous. What do you guys think? Tor is often used for illegal activities.

Anyone here who is unfamiliar with Tor, I would avoid making use of it. Perhaps even disable it in settings if you don't need it.

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brave's "New Private Window With Tor" feature may be a little dangerous. What do you guys think? Tor is often used for illegal activities.

Anyone here who is unfamiliar with Tor, I would avoid making use of it. Perhaps even disable it in settings if you don't need it.

Tor itself isn't dangerous per se. This answer on Stack Exchange gives a good idea of how it works:
What are the risks of using Tor browser?

In other words, don't send critical information to websites that aren't using HTTPS. That's a general rule of the internet period, Tor or no Tor.

• Agree
Reactions: elytron
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Tor was breached years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: elytron
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums