✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let’s have a look at the ‘Time, times and ½ time.’

What we now call a sabbatical cycle used to be called a ‘week’ and what we now call a year was called a ‘time’. Now, a division occurred in the middle of the week. I.O.W after a ‘time, times and ½ time.’ It happened on Israel's all-important festival, the Day of Atonement, the 10th of the seventh month of the 4th year.

We have seen how when we count 1260 or 1290 from that day it counts to the first day of the next seven-year cycle. So, let us now ask, what about when we count from the beginning of the ‘week’? Most of us assume that both sides should be the same. So did I. But no, the first half comes to a total of 1278 days to the Day of A. in the middle of the ‘week.’

Now, this gets interesting because 1278-9 is the number of days in 3½ solar years. Check it out. :idea: There are 365¼ days in a year. Multiply by 3.5 and it will always come out on the Day of Atonement. So, the 10th of Tishri must have been a marker showing where the lunar calendar intersects with the solar. Therefore, the first half of the ‘week’ is what the Bible called a ‘time, times and ½ time’ (1278 days) and the second half of the ‘week is 1260 (or 1290) days.

Here are a few takeaways before we look at the diagram:
  • The Hebrew calendar was both lunar as well as solar. (the technical name is ‘luni-solar’)
  • The 360-day year was a man-made invention first published in 1895 by Sir Robert Anderson, and false.
  • Although a leap month is not explicitly mentioned in scripture, it is inferred, because 1278 contains an extra lunar month. (42 + 1)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,262.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I strongly doubt that Jesus will tell secular Israel to build another temple.
No, because it will be faithful Christian Israelites who will build the new Temple in Jerusalem. Zechariah 6:15, Ezekiel 40 to 46
Since you ask, I think it means a 'New Heavens and a New Earth' is around the corner. I doubt the calendar will settle on a 360-day rotation if the earth is knocked off orbit.
Isaiah 13:13 plainly states that the earth will be moved out of her place.
Not 'knocked off orbit', but pushed along its orbital track.
This will be achieved by a massive hit upon the earths trailing side, sufficient to speed us up into an exact 360 day year.
Any change of orbital track or rotation speed, would be too traumatic.

What the Lord will use to make this happen and all its effects, is comprehensively prophesied in our Bibles. The Sixth Seal event; the terrible Lords Day of vengeance and fiery wrath.

I realize this is off thread subject, but unless it is understood; any other end times subject is just so much hot air and speculation.
However, for most - true understanding will only come after that Day. Isaiah 29:18 & 24

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, because it will be faithful Christian Israelites who will build the new Temple in Jerusalem. Zechariah 6:15
Faithful Jewish Christians will build a temple in Jerusalem, so they can get back into. The business of sacrificing animals and offerings. You will need a Levitical priesthood to perform those sacrifices. Come to think of it, you will also need the book of the law.

• Agree
Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What we now call a sabbatical cycle used to be called a ‘week’ and what we now call a year was called a ‘time’. Now, a division occurred in the middle of the week. I.O.W after a ‘time, times and ½ time.’ It happened on Israel's all-important festival, the Day of Atonement, the 10th of the seventh month of the 4th year.

We have seen how when we count 1260 or 1290 from that day it counts to the first day of the next seven-year cycle. So, let us now ask, what about when we count from the beginning of the ‘week’? Most of us assume that both sides should be the same. So did I. But no, the first half comes to a total of 1278 days to the Day of A. in the middle of the ‘week.’

Now, this gets interesting because 1278-9 is the number of days in 3½ solar years. Check it out. :idea: There are 365¼ days in a year. Multiply by 3.5 and it will always come out on the Day of Atonement. So, the 10th of Tishri must have been a marker showing where the lunar calendar intersects with the solar. Therefore, the first half of the ‘week’ is what the Bible called a ‘time, times and ½ time’ (1278 days) and the second half of the ‘week is 1260 (or 1290) days.

• The Hebrew calendar was both lunar as well as solar. (the technical name is ‘luni-solar’)
  • The 360-day year was a man-made invention first published in 1895 by Sir Robert Anderson, and false.
  • Although a leap month is not explicitly mentioned in scripture, it is inferred, because 1278 contains an extra lunar month. (42 + 1)
Keep going, you have my full attention.

I hope the new moon appears some where in your narration.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A recent seven-year (shemitah) cycle was 2007 to 2014.
  • Find the middle year. = AD 2011
  • Find Tishri 10th = October 8th, 2011, (Astronomic date = 2455842.5)
Wouldn't the middle of the cycle be in October 2010?

• Find Nisan 1st = March 21st, 2015, (Astronomic date = 2457102.5)
  • Deduct the two dates = 1260 days!
Shouldn't be counting from Tishri 10th in 2010 to Nissan 1st in 2014, which is beginning of the next cycle?

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks CG! This explains why the Jubilees start from Atonement. I always wondered why. And I suspect there is a numerical pattern with the Jubilees aa well. In my studies of the Biblical timeline, I discovered that in the year 3500 AM the angel in Zechariah 1:11 said the whole Earth was at peace. 3500 is 70x50 and half of 7000. Jubilees are every 50 years and I assume the first year of the Sabbatical Millenium(6001) will be a Jubilee.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know why your goal is to try and prove Revelation 12 incorrect? A lot of us got the clue ages ago, that if that chapter first mentions 1260 days then mentions time, times, and a half of time, someone is trying to tell us something here. And that is for one, that times is meaning twice that of time, and that a half of time is meaning 1/2 of time. Mathematically 1260 works out like a charm if using that formula--1 + 2 + 1/2 =. What you need to demonstrate, regardless that you requested no calculators please, how 1278, if the beginning number is 365.025, that it then totals 1278 using that same formula. I already tried the math, it doesn't equal 1278. It almost does, but not quite. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. And besides, if one adds 1278 + 1260, then divides that by 7, that makes each year 362.5714285714286 days in length. What is that supposed to mean, a number of days per year such as that?

BTW, I pasted ----362.5714285714286---into Google. It yielded zero matches.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't the middle of the cycle be in October 2010?

Shouldn't be counting from Tishri 10th in 2010 to Nissan 1st in 2014, which is beginning of the next cycle?

You're right. Sorry. :oops: But my point is that from the middle of the 'week' to the beginning of the next will always be 1260 or 1290 days.

B.T.W, if you want a good app to do calculations:
CalendarHome.com

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You're right. Sorry. :oops: But my point is that from the middle of the 'week' to the beginning of the next will always be 1260 or 1290 days.

B.T.W, if you want a good app to do calculations:
CalendarHome.com
CG, I may be making some wrong assumptions in this post - so please forgive if I have.

Adar and Adar II

The 12th month of the year on the Jewish calendar is Adar. So a non-leap year (a second half of 1260 days) would look like this....

[.....................................Adar]

In a leap year with the extra month (30 days) would look like this, to have a 1290 days second half..... Adar II being a 13th month.

[....................................Adar..Adar II ]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no Jewish Temple on the mount. We don't even have a theocratic nation of Israel.

How can the image of the beast be observed in the Jewish Temple?

Israel is a secular nation and has only recently appeared on the world map. For two thousand years Israel did not even exist.

We are in the age of the Gentiles and have been for two thousand years.

Luke 21:24
And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Many Jews are still living in foreign nations.

When will the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled?

I strongly doubt that Jesus will tell secular Israel to build another temple.

Hi klutedavid,

That`s right there is no Jewish Temple on the Mount. However Jerusalem has a Temple in King George st.

Jerusalem Great Synagogue - outside.jpg

Interior.jpg

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Doug, that’s mostly right except that Adar is the 12th month and Adar2 to is the 13th month. Nisan (formally called Abib) is the first month.

Yes, Adar2 has 30 days but, funnily enough, Adar has 29.
Okay, I stand corrected. Could you look at my revised post #30?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marilyn, what kind of ceremonies go on in there ?

Hi Douggg,

At the moment I should say it is the Torah readings, which are cyclic plus the Lord`s Feast days and those that have been added over time.

It is not until the Lord deals with the Russian Federation he brings down for judgment, that Israel will then turn to God and begin the sacrifices - 7 months and 10 days, (to be sure of the cleansing of the land.) Ez. 39: 12)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The key to the 1,260, 1,290 & 1,335 is, I believe -

`Blessed is he who waits and comes to 1,335 days.` (Dan. 12: 12)

And that is 1,260 + 30 + 30 + 15.

So what is the 15th in Jewish feasts that is so `Blessed.`

In Jerusalem on the 15th of Adar the Feast of Purim in celebrated. (Esther 9: 18) It is their national deliverance feast Day. And that is when they will celebrate the Lord`s great deliverance from the world`s armies after Armageddon.

So counting back from that date then all the other dates become clear.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggestion Christ returns on Purim?

No, for the Lord still will then reveal Himself to those in Jerusalem, (Zech. 12: 10) and then set up His rulership through a man called David, (Jer. 30: 9 and priests, (Isa. 66: 21)

The 30 days prior to Adar 15 is the time of the new year of trees. That is when the fresh waters from the Mount of Olives brings new life after all the pollution of blood etc. The people of Israel celebrate that feast.

After that is the month when they cleanse the Temple. (1,290 days)

Next (going back) is their Feast of Hannukkah, the Festival of Lights in Kislev. (1,260 days)

Counting back from Adar 15 you get to Kislev 29. Then remember that is in the Jewish Calendar so we need to place that on our Solar calendar to get our dates. However that will change slightly every year as has been mentioned Israel adds a month every 3 years or so to catch up their harvest times and the solar calendar.

So we can know the date in the Jewish calendar but as I said that will change slightly every year. So we don`t know the exact date according to our calendar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why your goal is to try and prove Revelation 12 incorrect? A lot of us got the clue ages ago, that if that chapter first mentions 1260 days then mentions time, times, and a half of time, someone is trying to tell us something here. And that is for one, that times is meaning twice that of time, and that a half of time is meaning 1/2 of time. Mathematically 1260 works out like a charm if using that formula--1 + 2 + 1/2

OK, both halves of the 'week' could be called a ‘time, times and ½ time.’ But what I'm saying is that there is a few days difference because the first half is counted in solar years, IOW 1278 days.

Diagram coming up.

Upvote 0