New guy... don't know if this is correct forum.

KMiracle

Trying to find my way through life
Feb 9, 2010
✟7,636.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello everybody, I am not so sure I am posting this in the correct spot, but I thought that since this is probably the forum I plan on posting in the most, you guys should get to know me. So here is my intro.

Name: Kevin Miracle, 25 years old, I originally come from Clarksville, TN. Been a Christian since I was about 14. Started getting into some basic Calvinistic/Reformed theology when I was about 17-18. REALLY, REALLY started hitting the Reformed (Calvin, Martin Luther) theology HARD until I was about 20-21.

How life has been: Rough. Since I was about 23, I have fallen off of going to church regularly, and I don't feel worthy enough to envelop myself in fellowship with people of like mind as much as I did when I was younger, and more fervent in the faith. And quite frankly, I am tired of it. It's killing me. I don't know how much longer I can go on like I have been for the past few years. So it's time to make a change.

Sorry for the long winded, drawn out, "Hey, here I am", but I wanna get back in and start my new life.

Last edited:

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kevin , and welcome , the Lord is always willing to accept you back , confess your sins to Him , accept your need of Christ and He will give you life , even a son who is far away is still a son , ask God to replant and heal you .

Amen .

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everybody, I am not so sure I am posting this in the correct spot, but I thought that since this is probably the forum I plan on posting in the most, you guys should get to know me. So here is my intro.

Name: Kevin Miracle, 25 years old, I originally come from Clarksville, TN. Been a Christian since I was about 14. Started getting into some basic Calvinistic/Reformed theology when I was about 17-18. REALLY, REALLY started hitting the Reformed (Calvin, Martin Luther) theology HARD until I was about 20-21.

How life has been: Rough. Since I was about 23, I have fallen off of going to church regularly, and I don't feel worthy enough to envelop myself in fellowship with people of like mind as much as I did when I was younger, and more fervent in the faith. And quite frankly, I am tired of it. It's killing me. I don't know how much longer I can go on like I have been for the past few years. So it's time to make a change.

Sorry for the long winded, drawn out, "Hey, here I am", but I wanna get back in and start my new life.

Welcome to the Forum, Kevin!

Most of us feel inadequate to the Body from time to time or for extended periods of time. It's okay. The love of Christ is broad enough.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Welcome Kevin! Is there a good church for you to attend where you are? I would be willing to bet that if you start going back it will be as though you had never been gone. We feed our souls by fellowship with like-minded believers. I know by experience that staying away is the worst thing you can do for your soul. A story I heard once of a preacher a long time ago who visited with a man who once was very faithful in attendance but hadn't come to church in a while. The preacher didn't say a word to him about coming but while they were taking he took a poker and drew a red hot coal from the fire onto the hearth. while they talked that coal turned cooler and cooler. When it had gotten cool enough the pastor just reached down and picked it up. The man got the point and attended faithfully from then on. When we absent ourselves from public worship and fellowship we turn cold. We need the fire from others to keep us hot.

BTW; your unworthiness is what quailifies you to be among the people of God.

Upvote 0

KMiracle

Trying to find my way through life
Feb 9, 2010
✟7,636.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome Kevin! Is there a good church for you to attend where you are? I would be willing to bet that if you start going back it will be as though you had never been gone. We feed our souls by fellowship with like-minded believers. I know by experience that staying away is the worst thing you can do for your soul. A story I heard once of a preacher a long time ago who visited with a man who once was very faithful in attendance but hadn't come to church in a while. The preacher didn't say a word to him about coming but while they were taking he took a poker and drew a red hot coal from the fire onto the hearth. while they talked that coal turned cooler and cooler. When it had gotten cool enough the pastor just reached down and picked it up. The man got the point and attended faithfully from then on. When we absent ourselves from public worship and fellowship we turn cold. We need the fire from others to keep us hot.

BTW; your unworthiness is what quailifies you to be among the people of God.

And I realize this... it just seems at times that no matter how much I realize that I am somewhat like the prodigal son, before he came back, that guilt... the shame still haunts me. And I hate it. I know God himself can take away that shame, but even as painful as possessing it is, it's really hard to give it up and let it go.

Upvote 0

kenrapoza

I Like Ice Cream
Aug 20, 2006
Massachusetts
✟11,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kevin,

I understand how you feel - I am unworthy, as are all of us. But thanks be to God, our worth is not found in our performance, but in the cross of Christ. Only Jesus is worthy of fellowship with the Father - but the good news is that he imputes that righteousness to us. As adopted sons and daughters we can enter the King's court and boldly approach the throne of Grace.

Augustine said that even our best virtues are but splendid vices. The Lord says through Isaiah that even our righteousness (the best we can be) is as filthy rags before God's holy law. All of our actions are so mixed with sin that if our worth rested in our performance in even the slightest degree, we would all be in trouble, even Mother Theresa! But the righteousness of Christ is perfect and earns our salvation. We are united with him and nothing we can do will change that or undermine what he has done.

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And I realize this... it just seems at times that no matter how much I realize that I am somewhat like the prodigal son, before he came back, that guilt... the shame still haunts me. And I hate it. I know God himself can take away that shame, but even as painful as possessing it is, it's really hard to give it up and let it go.

Feelng shame and sorrow for being a shameful derelict is a good thing. At least you're not shameless and unrepentant like the natural reprobate. That's something to thank God for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bradfordl

Veteran
Mar 20, 2006
✟17,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Praying that the Lord would restore to you the joy of His salvation. I've been where you are, brother. The flesh will tell you that re-establishing fellowship with the saints will be miserable and difficult. It's a lie. It will be a great joy.

Your Shepherd will never let you go, so you may as well give up on running away. He knows all the short-cuts, and wherever you run to, He'll be there. You bear His brand, and He brooks no theft from His flock.

Welcome home, bro.

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Kevin

I don't know if you're still checking this thead, but I wanted you to know that I have been there, felt that.
Most of my kids are older than you, but for some reason, your post jumped out at me.
Please, don't worry about the forum this time, tell us more about yourself.
Do you spend time reading and ruminating about the bible, every day?
What do you do for a living?
Married?
I don't know where I'm going with this, it's just that my heart goes out to you.
You are my brother, I care.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of welcomes. You'll be in my prayers.

Upvote 0