New gallup polls: support for homosexuality slipping

Nonetheless the topic is turning a few people towards intolerance. I'm just tire of someone elses sexuality thrown in my face. I don't throw my sexuality in others faces. It is between you and your partner what you do behind closed doors.
Also can't you have a will stating inheritance? The insurance issue can be somewhat justified, but I just can't see what the big deal is. Why must there be such a big stink about this? Why must it be thrown in others faces?

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eves_child said:
Nonetheless the topic is turning a few people towards intolerance. I'm just tire of someone elses sexuality thrown in my face. I don't throw my sexuality in others faces. It is between you and your partner what you do behind closed doors.
Also can't you have a will stating inheritance? The insurance issue can be somewhat justified, but I just can't see what the big deal is. Why must there be such a big stink about this? Why must it be thrown in others faces?

There are more than 1,000 federal rights, benefits, protections and responsibilities associated with civil marriage in this country.Gay and lesbian couples in lifelong relationships pay higher taxes and are denied basic protections under the law. For example, they can be denied the right to visit a sick or injured loved one in the hospital. They receive no Social Security survivor benefits upon the death of a partner, despite paying payroll taxes. They must pay federal income taxes on their domestic partner’s health insurance, while married employees do not have to pay such taxes for their spouses. They must pay all estate taxes when a partner dies. They pay significant penalties on IRA and pension rollovers. They are denied health benefits under COBRA and family leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Civil Unions strengthen families by giving them access to an important safety net provided by federal and state laws consisting of Social Security survivor benefits, hospital visitation rights and the ability to inherit a spouse’s property without being taxed, among other protections. No religious institution would be forced to recognize these marriages, just as today the Catholic church isn’t forced to recognize the marriage of someone who has been divorced.

Upvote 0
I can see your point but can't you see mine? Throughout the centuries marriage has been more about a religous and spiritual union than civil. That is why many people have such a problem with this issue. The issue of marriage and even civil unions have always been between a man and a woman. You can't force this upon people as much as you would like to. My mother has always told me that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I think this philosophy goes well with what many people are feeling and thinking on this particular issue.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eves_child said:
I can see your point but can't you see mine? Throughout the centuries marriage has been more about a religous and spiritual union than civil. That is why many people have such a problem with this issue. The issue of marriage and even civil unions have always been between a man and a woman. You can't force this upon people as much as you would like to. My mother has always told me that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I think this philosophy goes well with what many people are feeling and thinking on this particular issue.

Throughout centuries people had slaves and discrminated against Africans and African Americans and based it on the bibles teachings.

Civil Unions have never existed until homosexuals asked for them, a civil union is defined as a union between to people.

I never said I wanted to force anything on anyone.

Upvote 0
Sorry I was metaphorically speaking. I just feel like I'm being forced to accept this.

I wasn't just talking about religions based on the bible there are many more religions that aren't based on the bible. There are many other civilization that had slaves not just African, Jews were slaves, Caucasions were slaves, Native Americans were oppressed.

Listen, I'm not making this a christian issue because I'm not a Christian. I have not religious affiliation. I'm not apart of any religion. I'm not an atheist either.

Can you see my point in my previous posts?

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eves_child said:
Sorry I was metaphorically speaking. I just feel like I'm being forced to accept this.

I wasn't just talking about religions based on the bible there are many more religions that aren't based on the bible. There are many other civilization that had slaves not just African, Jews were slaves, Caucasions were slaves, Native Americans were oppressed.

Listen, I'm not making this a christian issue because I'm not a Christian. I have not religious affiliation. I'm not apart of any religion. I'm not an atheist either.

Can you see my point in my previous posts?

Actually no, while I respect your opinion I see no reason why people should be opposed to the idea of two people being joined together in a union.

As for all the " in your face" retoric, as I recall it's heterosexulas doing all the research, making all the news stories, and as a matter of fact I don't recall many threads on this site that weren't started by heterosexuals on the subject of homosexuality.

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you inspired.
I thought about what you were saying. I guess the reason why people have posted about homosexuality on here is because
1. They have questions and are curious.
2. They have questions that have arisen because of recent media attention.

I apologize if I seemed a little cranky. Being tired was probably the reason and maybe the lack of knowledge played a role. I know that this can be a very heated debate.

My ultimate hope is that everyone lives in peace and happiness. :)

Be blessed and live a happy fulfilling life.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eves_child said:
Hi, thank you inspired.
I thought about what you were saying. I guess the reason why people have posted about homosexuality on here is because
1. They have questions and are curious.
2. They have questions that have arisen because of recent media attention.

I apologize if I seemed a little cranky. Being tired was probably the reason and maybe the lack of knowledge played a role. I know that this can be a very heated debate.

My ultimate hope is that everyone lives in peace and happiness. :)

Be blessed and live a happy fulfilling life.

That and they are scared of what they don't understand, unfortunately instead of asking questions in an attempt to understand, some thro accusations in an attempt to demean us, so they can feel better about it all.

No big everyone gets cranky especially after reading all of these threads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums