Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Aloha from Hawaii. Just joined. I am Monastic1952. The 1952 is my birth year. I notice that even Non-Christians are welcome here. This is quite receptive because I have seen many forums which do not tolerate those differences.
By the way, besides myself--are there any others from Hawaii? Hopefully they can make themselves known.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF! I'm not from Hawaii, but you are welcome here. I'm from California :p.
I notice that even Non-Christians are welcome here. This is quite receptive because I have seen many forums which do not tolerate those differences.
AFAIK this site is looking to evangelize the unbeliever who comes to visit us. It's part of the site ministry. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aloha from Hawaii. Just joined. I am Monastic1952. The 1952 is my birth year. I notice that even Non-Christians are welcome here. This is quite receptive because I have seen many forums which do not tolerate those differences.
By the way, besides myself--are there any others from Hawaii? Hopefully they can make themselves known.
Hey Monastic! Welcome! :wave: I just answered your Cracker Jack question. :)

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome to CF! I'm not from Hawaii, but you are welcome here. I'm from California :p.

AFAIK this site is looking to evangelize the unbeliever who comes to visit us. It's part of the site ministry. :)
It's just that I was surprised at that section where some were discussing Non-Christian religions. Because normally a Christian site is restrictive.
In my case, I am Catholic so I sometimes feel apprehensive since some Christians get hostile at Catholicism. If I want to discuss Catholicism--do I post in a specific section here?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's just that I was surprised at that section where some were discussing Non-Christian religions. Because normally a Christian site is restrictive.
In my case, I am Catholic so I sometimes feel apprehensive since some Christians get hostile at Catholicism. If I want to discuss Catholicism--do I post in a specific section here?
Here is the Catholic section. It’s a safe haven for Catholics. :) One Bread, One Body - Catholic

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There are multiple forums where Catholicism may be discussed here. If you are looking to discuss Catholicism with your fellow Catholic members in a non-debate environment where all members are required to respect the doctrines of Catholicism, the One Bread One Body - Catholic forums are for you, as Michie recommended. I think due to your apprehension at people getting hostile, you'll find yourself most at home there.

However, we don't necessarily restrict Catholic discussion entirely to that subforum. For example, if you were looking to compare Catholic doctrine to other Protestant denominations and Orthodox, the Denomination Specific Theology forum would hold that discussion. I've seen threads arguing Catholic positions in General Theology as well for example.

We also have site rules against flaming, trolling, goading, and other hostilities - those are prohibited site-wide, and our moderation team removes all those that are reported. We want people of all Christian faith groups to feel welcome.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
There are multiple forums where Catholicism may be discussed here. If you are looking to discuss Catholicism with your fellow Catholic members in a non-debate environment where all members are required to respect the doctrines of Catholicism, the One Bread One Body - Catholic forums are for you, as Michie recommended. I think due to your apprehension at people getting hostile, you'll find yourself most at home there.

However, we don't necessarily restrict Catholic discussion entirely to that subforum. For example, if you were looking to compare Catholic doctrine to other Protestant denominations and Orthodox, the Denomination Specific Theology forum would hold that discussion. I've seen threads arguing Catholic positions in General Theology as well for example.

We also have site rules against flaming, trolling, goading, and other hostilities - those are prohibited site-wide, and our moderation team removes all those that are reported. We want people of all Christian faith groups to feel welcome.
Thank you, it is good that there is a Catholic-specific section. Because whenever I run into a Protestant IRL, they tell me that I as a Catholic will go to Hell. On the other hand, even Catholicism says the same about Protestants. As a result, I'm never at ease about my beliefs. Whatever faith I pursue, I still feel the persistent fear of Hell. How do I put my mind at ease?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you, it is good that there is a Catholic-specific section. Because whenever I run into a Protestant IRL, they tell me that I as a Catholic will go to Hell. On the other hand, even Catholicism says the same about Protestants. As a result, I'm never at ease about my beliefs. Whatever faith I pursue, I still feel the persistent fear of Hell. How do I put my mind at ease?
I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps the Salvation (Soteriology) subforum, with its multitude of views of salvation, may be a good place to start your thinking about what other people are thinking about salvation. I think you'll find a lot more views there than a binary "all people who are not of my specific denomination are going to hell."

Personally, what I tend to do is to defer back to Romans 10:9 and its context, which reads thusly:

Romans 10 said:
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

This means that all Catholics who confess Jesus as Lord, submitting to Christ's rightful authority, and believe that God the Father raised him from the dead, are saved and going to heaven.

This means that all Protestants who confess Jesus as Lord, submitting to Christ's rightful authority, and believe that God the Father raised him from the dead, are saved and going to heaven.

This means that all Orthodox Christians who confess Jesus as Lord, submitting to Christ's rightful authority, and believe that God the Father raised him from the dead, are saved and going to heaven.

End of story.

Most people get into the "all of my denomination are going to heaven the others aren't" mindset by fixating on idols people in other denominations are more likely to believe in. For example, Protestants criticize Catholics who worship the Virgin Mary, the Papacy, or the saints instead of God, while ignoring their own idols of Enlightenment Reasoning, Fellowship, Numbers, and Programs. All humans are fallen, so all denominations are flawed. It is not wise to focus on denominational flaws as much as what the requirements for salvation actually are, according to the Word of God. When you realize the latter, the former becomes less important.

But this is just my view. I would encourage you to have a look around Soteriology. I think you may find that a relief.

Upvote 0