• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

New Feature: Armor of God

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Erwin, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

+1,726
    Some of you may have noticed that under your avatar next to your posts there is a new field called "Armor of God".

When you click on this, you will be able to see that you can choose to exchange part of your blessings for part of the Armor of God. As you know, you accumulate blessings by posting new threads, or by being blessed by other members (please see FAQ "Special Features" for more details). Now you can exchange your blessings for various different parts of the Armor of God, that will be displayed under your avatar next to your posts. If you wish to upgrade to a new item, you can return the item you have for half the amount of blessings you exchanged for it, and get a new item.

Basically, this new feature has no real purpose, except to give you something to exchange your blessings with. :) I thought it would be fun to do.

You may go to look at and exchange blessings for part of the Armor of God by clicking on the "Armor of God" link under your avatar, or by clicking on the "Profile" button, and then on the "Armor" link.

Let me know if there are any bugs.

<smallfont>
    Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.</smallfont>

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder No longer a boy.. =P

+15
    Christian
    LoL! Really cool! :D

Getting some now! :cool:

3. ThienAn

ThienAn Bench Press THIS!

+1
    Christian
    Erwin, Cool. Great. Can I have some more blessing pts?

4. Catchup

Catchup Active Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    I went shopping. I got me a helmet and a sword.
    But with my mouth...I think I need an Angel.

:D LOVE Thank You Erwin!

5. ThienAn

ThienAn Bench Press THIS!

+1
    Christian
    By mouth, you mean some kind of mask? to protect you or protect us? :D

6. Catchup

Catchup Active Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    Both ! :D

7. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    How do you exchange an item?

8. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

+1,726
    Go to where you got the item in the first place - there is a link on the top right hand corner to do return the item. You will only get half of what you exchanged it for.

9. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    I guess i goofed. I accidentally just "purchased" another item! Argh!!! I should have waited for your answer! LOL :D:D

Thanks Erwin, and God bless

10. Brother_Joey_Gowdy

Brother_Joey_Gowdy Single and Looking for a Proverbs 31 Wife

+10
    Christian
    Single
    you need to add a 7th one brother Erwin :)

11. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder No longer a boy.. =P

+15
    Christian
    A 7th one? Why? I didn't think there was one... :confused:

12. euroindia

euroindia New Member

+0
    Armour of God can only be effective if we repent and
    walk in true obedience to Lord our God.Its a difficult
    jouney but mot impossible.
    Amarjit Chugh

13. MatthewDiscipleofGod

MatthewDiscipleofGod Senior Veteran

+261
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Ok I got the shoes now I need more blessings! ;)

14. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Have you prayed for them, Project 86? :scratch:
    God knows your need, trust in Him.... :priest:

15. called

called I am called. Rom. 8:30

+1
    Christian
    ok, i must say i was rather suprised to see the new feature. i leave for a day and something new comes up. lol

16. Shane Roach

Shane Roach Well-Known Member

+1,229
    Christian
    I admit it, I'm goofy happy about the new feature. Meaningless playtoys are right up my alley!

Seriously, thanks. Is a neat feature.

17. will_wait4Him

will_wait4Him Well-Known Member

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I like it, I wouldn't mind having some blessings. ;) Anyway, I had an idea. Maybe you could make people be able to trade their stuff for blessings with eachother. What do you think? :)

18. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

+1,726
    Good idea... I will look into it... but I don't want to make this bigger than it is... :)

19. will_wait4Him

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    COOL! :)

20. will_wait4Him

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm not stressing you into doing anything am I? If so, I didn't mean to.