Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I really like Cemetaries in London, Lost, and 42. I think 42 is a great track. Violet Hill rules too. I'm not so nuts about the title track....it's just not Coldplay to me. On the first two songs I mentioned, it sounds like they were lifted right off a U2 CD, with The Edge himself playing guitar.

Upvote 0

Motor City Christian

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Detroit area
✟22,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This album focuses on death so much that it's almost disturbing. And yes, I'm a Coldplay fan. I own X&Y, Rush of Blood to the Head(both cd and interview cd), and Parachutes. I haven't made up my mind if I'll buy the CD yet or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I absolutely love it-especially the intro song. If any of you have XM radio they are doing a 30 Days of Coldplay on Channel 51 I believe. I don't know when it started, so the promotion might have ended already-but it was Heaven for Coldplay fans!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I fail to understand why so many people hate X & Y. That is my favorite Coldplay disc.

I don't see why everyone loves the title track so much....I think most of the other songs are much better.

i Agree.....Parachutes wasnt as good as any of the other albums, people say its the best, but its not, because Coldplay has just gotten better and better

Reactions: Dogbean
Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand this band at all. Coldplay perform only one style of music-mellow, slow and medium paced mood music. That's all.

How can anyone like this band? You hear one Coldplay mood song, you hear them all. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could explain the appeal of this one trick pony band to me.

Take my favourite band-Black Sabbath. There's a world of variety of music contained within. The same for all my favourites, such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Whitesnake etc. There's slow songs, fast songs, gloomy songs, hard rock/metal, songs that are more radio friendly. There's ballads, there's instrumentals, there's blues/jazz inspired songs. There's songs that last for 3 mins, there's songs that last for 8 mins and more. There's songs with long extravagants guitar, keyboard and drum solos. There's songs that have a classical connection, there's songs that are folk, renaissance inspired. There's straight rock, there's psychadelic songs, there's acid rock. In short, there's myriads of different styles of music from Sabbath etc.

But Coldplay? One style of mood mellow music and that's all. Someone please explain.

Upvote 0

ephesus32

Oct 16, 2008
✟15,475.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
x and y was a disappoint to me. after a while, it just repititious and boring. i know coldplay was trying to get a little more instrumentally sophisticated in this album and created a new song i think no other band has got before. for me, i'm still getting used to it. i like strawberry swing and cemeteries in london. and i cant wait for prospekt's march which should be coming out soon.... the song called glass .. which is being played at their concerts is pretty good

Upvote 0