New Christian with ADHD and other issues and learning to pray out loud to others

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Does anyone have these issues I have ADHD & other issues , i have tried to pray in front of others but my head is going so fast that i cannot seem to get the words right
how do you do something like that?

* sorry about posting this question about mental health issues here, but it's learning as a new Christian (taken me a long time to pray the sinners' prayer) *

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's no need to worry about not being able to pray out loud. Jesus talked about how to pray in Matthew 6:5-8:

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

If you have folks telling you that you need to pray out loud......they're wrong. I don't like praying out loud, either.

Honestly, I think some people love praying out loud to show off.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might want to pray out loud when you're alone. Even "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise." in your private prayer time. Psa 98:4 "Afterall, we're not singing or praying to impress them. Shout to the Lord" lyrics

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are you praying? This can be what matters the most. What matters is what your prayer can do to bless you and others.

When you are loving, possibly you can be not worrying about how well you speak, or how loud you are praying - - - if your attention is to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Although I have the usual 40 hr per week work schedule & other stuff to do, I am single & an introvert. From this, I have some more down time than folks raising their families etc. I usually take a walk after work and pray in my thoughts so I am praying in public but unnoticed.

Upvote 0