New Bible Yanks 'father,' Jesus As 'son Of God'

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
None of God's commands have been done away with in the new covenant. It was the Mosaic laws and priesthood that was done away with. No matter what you think Paul may have said, he did say keeping the commanments is what counts. Yahshua said that heaven and earth would past away before any command of God would.:wave:

To quote my Lutheran Brother, Martin, "This is most certainly true." So what part of the Aseret ha-Dibrot do I need to re-evaluate?

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
To quote my Lutheran Brother, Martin, "This is most certainly true." So what part of the Aseret ha-Dibrot do I need to re-evaluate?

Here is what you said. Quote: Perhaps because Scripture mentions it and other Messianic teaching sites mention it as well. We are to be on our guard against returning to the law for reconciliation with God.
I hope you were not speaking of the commands of God. None of the commands of God have been done away with.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Here is what you said. Quote: Perhaps because Scripture mentions it and other Messianic teaching sites mention it as well. We are to be on our guard against returning to the law for reconciliation with God.
I hope you were not speaking of the commands of God. None of the commands of God have been done away with.
Key words, "for reconciliation with God." Yeshua is our reconciliation.
My statement to xDenax was in response to her statement that she doesn't answer to me. Recall I said, "We all answer to God though."
I have never said that any part of the Aseret ha-Dibrot has been done away with so in not doing that your hopes are fulfilled.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Key words, "for reconciliation with God." Yeshua is our reconciliation.
My statement to xDenax was in response to her statement that she doesn't answer to me. Recall I said, "We all answer to God though."
I have never said that any part of the Aseret ha-Dibrot has been done away with so in not doing that your hopes are fulfilled.

Aseret ha-Dibrot (עֲשֶׂרֶת הַדִּבְּרוֹת) is not the full expression of the Torah. The Torah is Taryag ha-Mitzvot (תַּרְיָ"ג הַמִּצְוֺת). It is 365 commandments, not 10 statements.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess you can make up whatever story you want about the writing of the NT if you don't have to take into account tradition, the historical accounts of the penning of the texts or the actual cultural milieux of the Mediterranean at the time. I might just say that the NT was written in Chinese, if I like. That doesn't make it true. The New Testament was written in Greek originally – all of it.

Is it safe to make that assumption just because the oldest texts that we have (that I am aware of) were written in Greek?

Luke 22:38

And an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS

Three languages were being spoken by the people during Messiah's time - for it to be otherwise would not necessitate the inscription being in three languages.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think you answer to me. We all answer to God though. I was hoping that you might be interested in Yeshua for your salvation. I was thinking that I might witness to you about what Yeshua has done for me.
That's the long and the short of it.

I am not at all interested. I am sorry if I somehow misled you to think that I am.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You consider Martin Luther your brother? that explains a lot.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why people look up to Luther and surely why someone who considers herself to be some sort of Messianic would call him "her brother".

Reactions: mishkan
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I cannot for the life of me figure out why people look up to Luther and surely why someone who considers herself to be some sort of Messianic would call him "her brother".

I know. It's weird, very strange indeed. I don't know how anyone who considers themselves a "Christian" could hate God's people so. And he sure did.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know. It's weird, very strange indeed. I don't know how anyone who considers themselves a "Christian" could hate God's people so. And he sure did.

I had a Christian friend whose father is Jewish. She often posted Martin Luther quotes on facebook. Made me want to barf. I mean really, did she not know Luther hated half her family?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

aniello

Yahshua and the disciples taught the keeping of Gods commandments, So what ever you have been taught or read, you need to re-evaluate.:hug::kiss:

None of God's commands have been done away with in the new covenant. It was the Mosaic laws and priesthood that was done away with. No matter what you think Paul may have said, he did say keeping the commanments is what counts. Yahshua said that heaven and earth would past away before any command of God would.:wave:

Michael, or anyone else who knows, which commands are "G-d's Commands", and which commands are the "Mosaic laws" that were "done away with"? I am confused as to where, specifically, the separating lines or conditions are.:confused::o:confused: Please give specific references.

Thank y'all for helping.

Peace

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
aniello said:
Michael, or anyone else who knows, which commands are "G-d's Commands", and which commands are the "Mosaic laws" that were "done away with"? I am confused as to where, specifically, the separating lines or conditions are.:confused::o:confused: Please give specific references.

Thank y'all for helping.

Peace

I have no idea what or how he is making a separation since the "Mosaic Laws" are somewhat miss named because they are NOT Moshe's Laws, they ARE G-d's Commands or Instructions on how to live a life He calls righteous and holy.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would think that the laws pertaining to the Levites, and priesthood, temple services and such are what have been set aside for the time being. Not done away with if we believe that there will yet be another Temple built, just set aside until then. Meanwhile, we have Yeshua as our High Priest in heavenly places.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no idea what or how he is making a separation since the "Mosaic Laws" are somewhat miss named because they are NOT Moshe's Laws, they ARE G-d's Commands or Instructions on how to live a life He calls righteous and holy.

For those who wish to not obey those particular Laws, calling them the Laws of Moses makes it much easier to not obey.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

I was taught the Aseret ha-Dibrot. What about that do I need to re-evaluate Brother?

Hi Jerushabelle,

I am wondering, when you reference the Aseret haDibrot, if it would be that stated in Exodus 20, if I recall correctly, where the 10 Sayings/Statements/Words(whatever term is preferred) is first stated in concise form?

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

aniello

I would think that the laws pertaining to the Levites, and priesthood, temple services and such are what have been set aside for the time being. Not done away with if we believe that there will yet be another Temple built, just set aside until then. Meanwhile, we have Yeshua as our High Priest in heavenly places.

For those who wish to not obey those particular Laws, calling them the Laws of Moses makes it much easier to not obey.

Well, I can certainly find reasonableness in each of y'alls replies.

But to clear my confusion I would hope MTAA would answer with clarity, since I reference the words he used, because right now I'm a bit confused as to which is which or what, leaving me in one of those old age senior clouds. I just wish Michael would belly up to the question so's I can understand better. I feel rather hazy and flummaxed over it all. An ever more frequent experience I experience as crabbed old age insinuates itself upon me.

Ach! Onward through the frog, down by the pond, I can hear the fogs singing. Always thought senile was to tour a river in Egypt.

I'll be back, G-d willing. It's time for my "heart nap".

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jerushabelle,

I am wondering, when you reference the Aseret haDibrot, if it would be that stated in Exodus 20, if I recall correctly, where the 10 Sayings/Statements/Words(whatever term is preferred) is first stated in concise form?

Peace

Hi Brother Aniello, how are you y tu carro?
Yes, I am referring to the Scripture of Exodus 20:1-17.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

Hi Brother Aniello, how are you y tu carro?
Yes, I am referring to the Scripture of Exodus 20:1-17.

Sono bene, grazzi. Pero le mie automoviles sono rottes, tutti rottes! Rattas!

Estoy bien, gracias. Pero mis carros estan rotos, todos rotos! Rattas! Excepto el VW Golf.

OK, Ex. 20, just gettin' on the same page. (la pagina misma)

Mille grazzi. Mil gracias. Thanks.

Gotta go to office and work. Dopo, later, hasta luego.

Pace.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Sono bene, grazzi. Pero le mie automoviles sono rottes, tutti rottes! Rattas!

Estoy bien, gracias. Pero mis carros estan rotos, todos rotos! Rattas! Excepto el VW Golf.

OK, Ex. 20, just gettin' on the same page. (la pagina misma)

Mille grazzi. Mil gracias. Thanks.

Gotta go to office and work. Dopo, later, hasta luego.

Pace.

Hondole pues, nos vemos! (Okay, well, we'll see ya!)
Like the I-talian!

Upvote 0