Never scripturally a pre antichrist rapture

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Ask yourself, why would Paul writing to the Thessalonian church tell them they would not be gathered to the Lord before the great apostasy and revealing of the Antichrist?, who is now restrained by God (through Michael and his angels who fights the DRAGON and his angels and always wins), unless it was TRUE, that the church will be gathered to Jesus Christ (rapture event) by the angels of God at the end of this age after the great apostasy and revealing of the son of the devil as world leader and ruler?

If you believe any other thing you are believing in a lie. The Day of Christ signals our being gathered (raptured- collected by the angels to be with Christ forever), and is our salvation we long for to deliver us from this present wicked age in which we find ourselves, as Hebrews 9:28 says, and as Peter says, our salvation will be revealed in the LAST TIME at the end of this age, which Christ signifies by His second advent, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

2 Thessalonians 2New King James Version (NKJV)
The Great Apostasy
2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Hebrews 9
23 Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— 26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Day of Christ signals our being gathered (raptured- collected by the angels to be with Christ forever), and is our salvation we long for to deliver us from this present wicked age in which we find ourselves, as Hebrews 9:28 says, and as Peter says, our salvation will be revealed in the LAST TIME at the end of this age, which Christ signifies by His second advent, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Are you saying that this is a separated event from the resurrection of the saints?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Are you saying that this is a separated event from the resurrection of the saints?
No, it is one and the same event. Christ's return signals the end of this age and the beginning of the age of the resurrection. His return is taught here in 2 Thessalonians 2 and 2 Thessalonians 1 and also the tradition rapture passage of 1 Thessalonians 4. All these together are talking the same thing what occurs when He returns, each just giving more details regarding the same event yet to occur.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

salvation ready to be revealed in the last time, is our deliverance from this age and entry to the next, the age of the resurrection, still yet to come.

The wicked are the ones taken away to destruction
Matthew 13:48-50New King James Version (NKJV)
48 which, when it was full, they drew to shore; and they sat down and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away. 49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

Luke 20:34-36New King James Version (NKJV)
34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes correct; if Jesus was going to return two times - once at the rapture and again a second time at his Second Coming, one would think it was important enough to mention such a significant detail. Yet no where in the NT does it ever say that Jesus will return two times. It only describes Jesus' return as a one-time event.

And yet, Jesus stated that he will return as a thief which every rapture advocate points to as the rapture event. Rev 16:15-16 is where Jesus plainly states when he will return as a thief - right before the battle of Armageddon.
"Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.” Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.
Rapture teachers teach falsely that Jesus returns before the tribulation as Jesus plainly stated when he will return. The rapture and his Second Coming are one and the same event.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2 Now, brethren, concerning [the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him], we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though [the day of Christ] had come.

[the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him] = the rapture

[the day of Christ] = the Day of the Lord (time of darkness and troubles), preceded and triggered by....

immediately preceded by:
the great falling away - from believing Jesus is the messiah, - a three year period that the world will think the Antichrist is the real messiah. Many in Christianity will fall away. Then....

triggered by:
the man of sin being revealed - by the transgression of abomination act by the then King of Israel, Antichrist.

...the Day of the Lord begins.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.

Okay, earlier in 1thessalonians5:1-3, Paul addressed the Thessalonians, about the world saying and thinking Peace and Safety - and would be suddenly be caught off guard, and the Day of the Lord begin, which would be a time of destruction.

The reason they will be saying peace and safety is because they will think they have entered the messianic age of peace and safety, with the Antichrist, anointed as the King of Israel - most likely by the false prophet. The Antichrist, as the King of Israel, the leader, will confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for the 7 year cycle Moses established in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 for all future leaders of Israel to do.

The confirmation act will be a big speech to the nation of Israel from the temple mount by the Antichrist that the land of Israel belongs to the children of Israel as theirs forever. This will seem very meaningful at the time because it will follow the destruction of the Muslim powers in Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38/39.

There is a 7 year period following Gog/Magog in Ezekiel 39, then the Armageddon feast on the dead bodies by the birds, in Ezekiel 39:17-20. Those 7 years are the same 7 years in Daniel 9:27.

Of course, in the middle of the 7 years, the Antichrist commits the transgression of desolation. That ends his time as the Antichrist (king of Israel), as he reveals himself as the man of sin, then subsequently is killed, and brought back to life as the beast for the remainder of the 7 years.

As far as the rapture, what it all boils down to is the rapture can happen anytime between now and when it actually takes place - before the Day of the Lord begins. The church may be here to see the person commit the act... or it may not. We don't know. But it won't be here when the Day of the Lord begins and the sudden destruction that comes with it begins.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes correct; if Jesus was going to return two times - once at the rapture and again a second time at his Second Coming, one would think it was important enough to mention such a significant detail. Yet no where in the NT does it ever say that Jesus will return two times. It only describes Jesus' return as a one-time event.

And yet, Jesus stated that he will return as a thief which every rapture advocate points to as the rapture event. Rev 16:15-16 is where Jesus plainly states when he will return as a thief - right before the battle of Armageddon.
"Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.” Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.
Rapture teachers teach falsely that Jesus returns before the tribulation as Jesus plainly stated when he will return. The rapture and his Second Coming are one and the same event.
Just the opposite of what you are saying. If Paul had meant at the Second Coming, he would have wrote...

2 Now, brethren, concerning the SECOND coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in verse 2 is referring to what Jesus said in
John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

There on earth? No, the implication is in heaven, the place where the many mansions are.

Jesus said let not your heart be troubled. Essentially that is the same as what Paul said to the Thessalonians of fear that the Day of the Lord had already begun.

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

btw, Oldmantook, if I hadn't said it before - welcome to the forum. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your cordial welcome Douggg! Although we may disagree on this subject, "iron sharpens iron" so I benefit from having to defend my view and I trust the same goes for you. If I have the wrong interpretation, then I am open to correction as I don't wish to believe incorrectly or inform others incorrectly as well.

My interpretation of 2 Thess 2:1 differs from yours. I don't see Paul having to refer to a "second" coming if he understood there was only one coming. If Paul understood there was only one coming - at the Second Coming - for him to write "second coming" would be superfluous. For example if I met someone at a train station and when I leave to go back home, I say to that person I'll come again; I don't have to say I'll come a "second" time. That person would already know that my second time is the next time I come again. Hope that makes sense.

In terms of John 14, my understanding of "troubled" differs from yours. In this chapter the hearts of the disciples were troubled by the prospect of Jesus informing them that he would soon be leaving them. Verse 33: My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come. So in 14:1-3 Jesus comforts them with the reassurance that where he is (heaven) they will also later be.
In contrast the "trouble" referred to in Thessalonians is specifically related to their fear that the Day of the Lord had already come and not to Jesus leaving them as is the disciples' anxiety in John 14. So my response to your argument is that I think perhaps you are making an apples to orange type comparison in terms of the type of "trouble" that is being referred in these two distinct passages.

My question to you though is since we both acknowledge that one day Jesus will return as a thief, how do you explain Jesus' own words where he explicitly stated that he will return as a thief - right before Armageddon?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In contrast the "trouble" referred to in Thessalonians is specifically related to their fear that the Day of the Lord had already come and not to Jesus leaving them as is the disciples' anxiety in John 14
Weren't the Thessalonians troubled that they were here on earth, and not in heaven (the place where the mansions are), thinking that the Day of the Lord had already begun?

My question to you though is since we both acknowledge that one day Jesus will return as a thief, how do you explain Jesus' own words where he explicitly stated that he will return as a thief - right before Armageddon?

When the Day of the Lord begins, let us assume from my argument that the Church is gone, raptured; there will be persons who will become Christians during that Day of the Lord timeframe.

Those persons are told to have patience (in Revelation 13), knowing that they are going to be persecuted. So they keep their on robes (of righteousness), not succumbing to worship the beast, nor his image. The coming as a thief will be unexpected - by the evil men of the world - to execute judgment on them. The saints will know he is coming - because of what it says in Revelation 16. And in Daniel 11-12, blessed is he who remains (faithful implied) to the 1335th day.

From the time the Abomination of Desolation is setup to be worship, it will be 1335 days to Jesus returning down to this earth.

Which on a timeline, days 2520 (the last day of 7 years) - 1335 days = day 1185. So on a 7 year timeline, from day 1, 1185 days later the Abomination of Desolation will be setup to be worshiped.

Now if we take and add the 1290 days to 1185, we get day 2475 - which is 45 days before Jesus descends down to earth. What happens on day 2475? That is when the events of the sixth seal takes place and the world sees Jesus before the throne of God.

It will send terror into evil men of the world. And it will take the convincing of the beast, the false prophet, and Satan to convince the kings of the earth try and fight Jesus from executing judgment on them. During the 45 days, they prepare for battle, gathering their armies at Armageddon.

Does the rapture take place then (near the end of the Day of the Lord) or before the Day of the Lord begins ?

Well, if we consider the rapture the translation of the living at the time into incorruptible bodies - the answer is "no". Because the Jews in Jerusalem will be Christians at that time, and they are not raptured, but are rescued by escaping through a valley created when Jesus's foot touches down on the Mt. of Olives.

And notice that the Lord is coming with his saints - that were raptured previously.

Zechariah 14
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

_________________________________________________________________________________

This is not an argument but a consideration. The rapture has not happened yet. But since we are very near the first elements of the end times rapid succession of events - the window is much much narrower than any time before.

So, if we were to zoom out on the timeline to 2000 years. Where we are now is a dot on the 2000 year scale. That dot could be said to be seven years ending with the Second Coming.

Of course, when we zoom back in to the 7 years, assuming not far away, then the Second Coming would not be part of a dot, but more distinguishable. Where we can see days.

So even though I disagree with you about the coming of the Lord for the gathering of Christians - as being the Second Coming....on a two thousand year zoomed out timeline, where the seven years and Second Coming are a dot, that would be a better consideration for you I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in verse 2 is referring to what Jesus said in
John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

There on earth? No, the implication is in heaven, the place where the many mansions are.

That place of the mansions is in heaven now, but it is coming here on the day of the Lord when He returns as a thief, based on the words of Peter below.

2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 
2Pe 3:11  Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 
2Pe 3:12  Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 
2Pe 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 

It is what Abraham is looking forward to in the passage below.

Heb 11:15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 
Heb 11:16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

It is confirmed below by Christ.

Rev_3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

He built us a New House out of two pieces of wood and a handful of nails.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 

Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Weren't the Thessalonians troubled that they were here on earth, and not in heaven (the place where the mansions are), thinking that the Day of the Lord had already begun?
Yes you're correct, but my reply to your point was that you based your premise on what they were "troubled" about compared to what the disciples were "troubled" about in John 14 - which as I wrote was for different reasons. Thus I don't think it is relevant to compare these two examples as a basis to advocate for a rapture view.

When the Day of the Lord begins, let us assume from my argument that the Church is gone, raptured; there will be persons who will become Christians during that Day of the Lord timeframe.
Okay, for the sake of argument I'll side with your view that these are the "tribulation saints" and not the raptured saints during the Day of the Lord time frame. I think that your premise though poses a dilemma however as the Thessalonian saints whom Paul was addressing are not the tribulation saints. They are the church age saints whom Paul instructs that YOU/THEY will not see Day of the Lord come until the man of lawlessness is revealed. Paul is not speaking to the tribulation saints here; he is speaking to the Thessalonians (and the church consisting of you and I). If Paul believed in a pre-trib rapture, all he had to say was that the Day of the Lord can't have come yet because we (the church) are all still here. Rather, he points out to the Thessalonian church that that Day can't be here yet because the apostasy and man of lawlessness who appears during the tribulation haven't appeared to us yet - which instead is descriptive of the post-trib view. Thus I have difficulty accepting your calculations since I find your premise to be problematic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

He came twice during His first appearance as well. Once at the birth, and once when glorified after the resurrection. There was no mention of that beforehand either, but it is an establishment of a pattern.

The rapture is the birth of the church, the body of Christ, and the next time He appears in all His glory. Without the two appearances during His next coming, it would then be completely unlike His first coming.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He came twice during His first appearance as well. Once at the birth, and once when glorified after the resurrection. There was no mention of that beforehand either, but it is an establishment of a pattern.

The rapture is the birth of the church, the body of Christ, and the next time He appears in all His glory. Without the two appearances during His next coming, it would then be completely unlike His first coming.
If you see it as a "pattern," then you would also have to explain away the reply I wrote in post #10 in this thread.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you see it as a "pattern," then you would also have to explain away the reply I wrote in post #10 in this thread.

Or you could just ignore what I said and deflect.

The problem you are having is what many have, you are equating the day which Paul is speaking of with our gathering together. Two different events.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Or you could just ignore what I said and deflect.

The problem you are having is what many have, you are equating the day which Paul is speaking of with our gathering together. Two different events.
If you bothered to read post #10 at all you would plainly see that I did reply to your post. The onus is then on you to reply to my response as to why there cannot be two appearances as Paul addressed the Thessalonians so I encourage you to answer it as your belief must be informed by the whole of Scripture.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you bothered to read post #10 at all you would plainly see that I did reply to your post. The onus is then on you to reply to my response as to why there cannot be two appearances as Paul addressed the Thessalonians so I encourage you to answer it as your belief must be informed by the whole of Scripture.

I did read it, and you did not reply to my post in #10.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes you're correct, but my reply to your point was that you based your premise on what they were "troubled" about compared to what the disciples were "troubled" about in John 14 - which as I wrote was for different reasons. Thus I don't think it is relevant to compare these two examples as a basis to advocate for a rapture view.
I think both the Thessalonians and the disciples were troubled about being abandoned.

Okay, for the sake of argument I'll side with your view that these are the "tribulation saints" and not the raptured saints during the Day of the Lord time frame. I think that your premise though poses a dilemma however as the Thessalonian saints whom Paul was addressing are not the tribulation saints. They are the church age saints whom Paul instructs that YOU/THEY will not see Day of the Lord come until the man of lawlessness is revealed.
In 2thessalonians2, I agree that Paul was not addressing the tribulation saints because them he was speaking to would not have to experience the great tribulation.

Paul wasn't saying that Christians will not see the Day of the Lord because of the great falling away and man of sin revealed, i.e. implying that Christians would experience the Day of Lord when it arrived. - but was explaining that the Day of the Lord itself would not take place until those two things took place.
If Paul believed in a pre-trib rapture, all he had to say was that the Day of the Lord can't have come yet because we (the church) are all still here.
The term pre-trib is a misnomer for pre-70th week. The trib part of the term is also erroneous because most of the first half of the 70th week is not tribulation - the world and the Jews will be saying peace and safety.

Paul was saying to the Thessalonians that they were not in the time of the Day of the Lord. And to not be concerned by rumors stating otherwise, and not to be troubled thinking they had been abandoned.

Pre-trib is a pre-70th week view. Paul was not indicating that the rapture must happen pre-70th week - although it could.

It isn't until 2thessalonians2:7, speaking about when the Day of the Lord does come - triggered by the man of sin being revealed by the act of going into the temple and claiming to be God - that the body of Christ be taken out of the way - from all the judgments that are going to take place on the earth.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did read it, and you did not reply to my post in #10.
So if you read it, how is it possible that Jesus comes back twice as your view would be at odds with Paul's statements in 2 Thess 2. You can claim a "pattern" but if your pattern conflicts with Paul's plain statements, then your pattern is unbiblical.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think both the Thessalonians and the disciples were troubled about being abandoned.
We could agree that the Thessalonians and disciples feared being abandoned. However the reason for feeling abandoned is different in these two groups which to me makes all the difference. I don't think it is proper exegesis to conflate the two when their reasons differ. You of course may think otherwise.

It isn't until 2thessalonians2:7, speaking about when the Day of the Lord does come - triggered by the man of sin being revealed by the act of going into the temple and claiming to be God - that the body of Christ be taken out of the way - from all the judgments that are going to take place on the earth.
I may have misunderstood you. Based on the above, are you pretrib rapture, midtrib or prewrath?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul was not indicating that the rapture must happen pre-70th week - although it could.

Based on Acts 10:38, Hebrews 10:16-18, Matthew 10:5-7, and Galatians 1:18, the 70th week of Daniel occurred during the first century.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
James Lloyd
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

From the 1599 Geneva Bible

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I may have misunderstood you. Based on the above, are you pretrib rapture, midtrib or prewrath?
None of those. I came up with my own view, which I call the anytime rapture view. If you look at my
cross and empty grave, rolled away stone, logo to the left - you will see "anytime rapture view" below my screenname.

I also designed my logo (is that the right word? :scratch:).

Basically my view is focused on being hopeful and ancipating the rapture. All of the _____ trib views put a bracket on when the rapture must happen.

I adopted the name "anytime"rapture view based on Luke 21:34-36, which has in the instructions about not being caught up in the world, anytime - that you lose sight.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0