Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are benefits to staying single... such as being able to devote all your love and efforts to the Lord. That is where true freedom is.

I noticed as of this moment you haven't responded to the question about what freedom you refer to as the freedom of being single.

In my experience, that is usually a way for someone to say they want to live it up... live their life without any obligations or anything. As already stated, not the best of reasons to stay single.

I think our churches have an obsession with marriage, as if believers need to be married to be pleasing to God. If I had it to do over again I would never have gotten married. Not because I don't love my wife and kids, I absolutely do, but I would rather be able to devote my time and efforts to the Lord.

Don't feel like you have to get married, but do not avoid marriage so you can live immorally.

Wow, imagine your kids hearing that their own father, having the chance to do it all over again, wouldn't bring them in this world. To me it seems abhorrent.

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, imagine your kids hearing that their own father, having the chance to do it all over again, wouldn't bring them in this world. To me it seems abhorrent.

Totally misunderstood and misread my meaning. I'm grateful for the life I have now. No need to try and make me out like a bad guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trioxiori
Upvote 0
Jan 9, 2020
New York
✟1,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that I want to marry either. Nobody seems interested in me anyways, and I don't force people to like me, unlike some other men. I'm content with being unattractive and single. It's not easy to stay single in some societies that promote and reward romantic relationships, but I like abstaining and proving my self-control.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I want to get married. But I really want a strong gentleman. I wonder if they still exist? I think they do, in the Old World :)

I've always wondered if the type of woman I would want still exists.... It's hard to find someone who's into art, travel and music that isn't all the way hard to the left politically and spiritually. Also, the older I get, the less likely to find someone who has withheld their moral standards as I have.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Having been single well into my 30s, I can relate. You get used to doing your thing. But then a combination of loneliness and paranoia sets in, mixed in with the need for female companionship. And before you know it, you are married.

Can you elaborate on the 'paranoia' part? Because you read like an animal ambushed in the wild. Loneliness and desire for companionship I get, but the suddenness of marriage described sounds like a hostage situation. :eheh:

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
As of today June 15 at 5:59pm, I have make a choice to never marry in life.

Congrats, enjoy freedom from being stabbed by a partners stray elbow in bed @ 2 in the morning. :tearsofjoy: Some people love singleness and thrive in that circumstance, when that happens it should be supported.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Singleness is actually good, especially for one who has decided to devote their life to Christ, staying free from all the drama & distractions that come along with marriage.

Im truly enjoying my walk with Christ right now, but i must say, a lifetime of singleness isn't for me. Besides the Lord has been kind as He has revealed, the exact season/time on when i will be, saying goodbye to the single life. So i'll be definitely settling down in future...

• Prayers
Reactions: Single Dude
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,028.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that dating, having relationships or even to marry is not worth the effort. MGTOW.

What girls want/expect and what real men are like are two different worlds. Also, laws are drastically against men, there is no advantage of marriage for them, now.

Plus add to that that almost none millenial (or younger) is from stable full family so they do not know how to deal with emotions, relationships, marriage or responsibility in general.

Plus add to that that somebody is an introvert or does not belong to the most common branches of Christianity.

Plus add to that that somebody is not attracted to overweight women, single mothers, divorced, tattooed, club girls and similar.

No chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

A great source of information on the modern power imbalance within male female relationships.

MGTOW’s useful for men who are ready to swear off relationships (even useful for dating men who are tired of being gaslit and manipulated by the culture every other day.)

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,028.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A great source of information on the modern power imbalance within male female relationships.

MGTOW’s useful for men who are ready to swear off relationships (even useful for dating men who are tired of being gaslit and manipulated by the culture every other day.)
I am kind of red pilled right now... I have not totally "shut the doors to any woman, period", but I do not expect to find a good, attractive girl, anymore. So I do not waste my time and energy on hunting, dating, trying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am kind of red pilled right now...

The thing about red pilling is that literally every Christian should be somewhat red pilled, when you consider everything that the phrase being red pill entails (e.g. being aware of female nature, male nature, relationship dynamics, male headship, infidelity games, financial manipulation, the perceived expendable nature of men, feminism.)

I defy anyone to read the story of Sampson and Delilah and not see the dangers of women there, it’s written all over Sampson’s life. Whether you’re a full blown literalist or not it’s the essence of the story that’s true. The writings are inspired and so too is the reader, who sees the story as able to reveal hidden things about the nature of day to day life.

It’s good not to shut the door on relationships entirely, @myst33. You’re totally right. At least when a red pill man decides he’s ready to return to the dating game, he won’t go back with a head full of lies about women not being materialistic, not valuing height, not wanting x, y and z.

Honestly my heart goes out to young blue pill men.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thing about red pilling is that literally every Christian should be somewhat red pilled, when you consider everything that the phrase being red pill entails (e.g. being aware of female nature, male nature, relationship dynamics, male headship, infidelity games, financial manipulation, the perceived expendable nature of men, feminism.)

I defy anyone to read the story of Sampson and Delilah and not see the dangers of women there, it’s written all over Sampson’s life. Whether you’re a full blown literalist or not it’s the essence of the story that’s true. The writings are inspired and so too is the reader, who sees the story as able to reveal hidden things about the nature of day to day life.

It’s good not to shut the door on relationships entirely, @myst33. You’re totally right. At least when a red pill man decides he’s ready to return to the dating game, he won’t go back with a head full of lies about women not being materialistic, not valuing height, not wanting x, y and z.

Honestly my heart goes out to young blue pill men.

Yikes, this thread escalated pretty quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: Cormack
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yikes, this thread escalated pretty quickly.

Escalated...or elevated? :tearsofjoy:

Honestly, if people who weren’t cut out for relationships or marriage were praised (rather than shamed) for avoiding them, we’d be in a healthier society.

The troubles come in when those same people conform to a pattern of dating and marriage just because married people and the opposite sex think they’re entitle to a pound of flesh.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Gosh on the reread that first page is like an inquisition on the poor chap. :tearsofjoy: “Never say never,” “fleeing responsibility,” “you may meet someone,” these really aren’t mature responses after someone says they’ve come to a decision on something.

The person is grown and we should celebrate their grown up choice, that choice simply bars the opposite sex from having an all access pass into their life.

I think people....normally the ladies, they take personal offence when others swear off relationships. They shouldn’t feel that way, but they do.

Upvote 0

Jay_The_Meek

May 13, 2021
Ontario
✟8,969.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
As of today June 15 at 5:59pm, I have make a choice to never marry in life.

I believe they have made marriage an absolute sham. "Till death do us part" doesn't mean anything anymore. They should let the churches write up the marriage contracts. Absolutely abhorrent what they've done.

• Agree
Reactions: Trioxiori
Upvote 0