Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...and in this case you like the pimp over the school teacher? :scratch:
tulc(is just making sure that's Phil 1:21's position) :wave:

I hope you're not judging the pimp now are you?

For I have heard that the ones on the left do not do that?

Or is it one of those we make the rules up and change them daily?

Just curious up top the mountain?

Do what I say not what I do
Works best with little kids.

M-Bob

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
M-Bob

Perhaps even "little kids" understand that when one votes for one candidate over another that a "judgement" has been made. What you refer to as a judgement, in the pejorative sense, is something one does on a daily basis...to call someone who lies a liar or an adulterer an adulterer or a racist a racist is not a judgement but an acknowledgement of the facts. On the other hand to dismiss character issues is simply to abdicate responsibility and Christian "values".

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

hmmm...I ask why people think the pimp/brothel owner is a better candidate then the school teacher and people tell me it's because they don't think she'll
support freedom to practice traditional Christianity
when I then ask "Do you have proof she's going to do that?" I'm told basically it's because she's a Democrat. to which Phil 1:21 chimed in:
Elections, for me, always seem to come down to who I dislike the least.
which led me to ask him:
...and in this case you like the pimp over the school teacher?
in all that, the one thing that seems to be consistent isn't "is tulc judging the pimp?" What's consistent is some Republicans will pick a pimp, serial adulterers or even pedophiles over anyone/anything as long as they have an "R" after their name. :wave:

who told you that? Most liberals I know believe what a person does tends to show who they are rather then what they say. :eek:

since I've never heard that was a requirement for being a liberal I'm pretty sure you got some bad information somewhere along the line. It might help to figure out what a liberal believes by asking the specific liberal what they believe rather then just assuming you already know? ;)

I'm glad I could clear that up for you. :oldthumbsup:

...wow...you seem to have revealed the motto for some of the Republican base: President Trump tells them what to do and they do it. No matter how little he practices what he preaches. :sigh:

And apparently some Republicans. ;)

tulc(is enjoying a great cup of coffee from beans roasted by his grandkid) :clap:[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps even "little kids" understand that when one votes for one candidate over another that a "judgement" has been made. What you refer to as a judgement, in the pejorative sense, is something one does on a daily basis...to call someone who lies a liar or an adulterer an adulterer or a racist a racist is not a judgement but an acknowledgement of the facts. On the other hand to dismiss character issues is simply to abdicate responsibility and Christian "values".

It is truly ironic how the Religious Right conservatives are now politically supporting an adulterous philander and well documented liar like Trump and a strip club/brothels owner like Dennis Hof when these same evangelical Christians became morally unhinged over Bill Clinton's sexual depravity and sexual scandals while he was still the president. It's also ironic just how selective these particular Christians have become with which sexual sins they will be morally indignant about since they support Trump for their president. However, I think we can all rest assured that once Trump is no longer the president and he has finally dropped all the pretenses of his political facade to appease his evangelical supporters, all the moral indignation over a president's immoral behavior and adulterous philandering will make a stunning comeback. I think this comeback will come even more swiftly and widespread among conservatives if the next president just happens to be a liberal Democrat.

I think we both can imagine the public outcry of moral indignation from evangelical conservative Christians if a liberal in former President Obama's presidency had owned a strip club and brothels and this man was running for the Nevada legislature or any other state legislature for that matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think we both can imagine the public outcry of moral indignation from evangelical conservative Christians if a liberal in former President Obama's presidency had owned a strip club and brothels and this man was running for the Nevada legislature or any other state legislature for that matter.

The moral outrage would have been stupendous.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The moral outrage would have been stupendous.

Yes, it would have been. It would have been the same kind of sanctimonious moral indignation if former President Obama had demonstrated even the slightest implication of immoral behavior as Donald Trump has repeatedly demonstrated before and after he was elected president.

In fact, we would have never heard the end of it if Obama had been in his third marriage to his former mistress or if he had paid off a inappropriate content star to silence her about their affair or if he had fathered five children with three different women or if he had bragged about groping women and forcing himself on those women or if he had bragged about watching teenage girls getting undressed during a beauty pageant or if he had joked about dating his daughter if she wasn't his daughter or if he had agreed with Howard Stern on television that one of his daughters was a 'piece of [insert profane word]'.

I don't think conservative evangelical Christians would have been so dewy-eyed if Obama had hugged the American flag for a photo-op or if he had insulted Senator John McCain's military service by saying he liked people who weren't captured. I'm also confident that they would have been indignant if he had said, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters" or if he had clearly mocked a disabled reporter during one of his public speeches.

I think we can be assured that their moral indignation and public outrage would have rivaled their moral indignation and public outrage over Bill Clinton's sexual immorality and sexual scandals if Barack Obama had demonstrated the same kind of immoral behavior as Trump has demonstrated.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
When I vote I choose the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is the one who will use his/her political influence to support freedom to practice traditional Christianity. I would rather a bad man that supported this than a good man who opposed it.

"Traditional Christianity" being more important than anything else. I think that says alot how bankrupt Christianity has become for many American Christians. There is no sense of social responsibility.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Traditional Christianity" being more important than anything else. I think that says alot how bankrupt Christianity has become for many American Christians. There is no sense of social responsibility.
Actually I referred to the freedom to practice traditional Christianity.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've got that. What you shouldn't have is your religion as the state religion.
No, we haven't ... just ask Aaron Klein, Barronelle Stutzman, Elaine Huguenin, ...

I never mentioned "state religion".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
No, we haven't ... just ask Aaron Klein, Barronelle Stutzman, Elaine Huguenin, ...

I never mentioned "state religion".

Oh, you mean the freedom to discriminate underneath a veneer of religious rhetoric. That's effective establishment.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you mean the freedom to discriminate underneath a veneer of religious rhetoric. That's effective establishment.
I hope I will never be as insulting as to disparage your sincerely held religious beliefs as "religious rhetoric".

Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I hope I will never be as insulting as to disparage your sincerely held religious beliefs as "religious rhetoric".

I'm not a snowflake, unlike the crybullies of the right. Your opinion of my religion has zero impact on me. But when your co-religionists discriminate against people like my friends, yes, I will take offense and call out bigotry when I see it.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a snowflake, unlike the crybullies of the right. Your opinion of my religion has zero impact on me.
You are just digging a bigger hole ... "crybullies of the right"? ... we are talking about what SCOTUS called "sincere Christian beliefs".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A kangaroo court loaded with sympathizers for Christian bullies.
Now they are "Christian bullies"? ... ok, time to put you on ignore until you calm down and regain a sense of respect for the opinions & beliefs of others.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But when your co-religionists discriminate against people like my friends,

I share your sentiment when it concerns my gay friends too. I hate how my gay friends are looked down upon by the majority of evangelical Christians they encounter. I also hate it how my gay friends have been disowned and rejected by their evangelical Christian family because they are gay.

Upvote 0