• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Neuroplasticity

SCH

Dec 30, 2019
charlotte
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NowhereManNot,

I spent a lot of time yesterday studying the text, the science of what Caroline teaches. It is pretty interesting. I have a science background, but not neuro science. Nevertheless, it was really inreresting when you are thinking about applying this to yourself, and you are seeing the things that will hopefully take place in your own brain and body.

Let me say this, though. If you try to understand everything, every last detail before you start the application to your life, you'll need a PhD in neuroscience. Don't reinvent the wheele, Dr. Caroline Leaf designed the wheel, now drive on it!

I am surprised and so excited. I just went through her 5 step, turn your brain on plan, and wow. I had no idea!

Before I go into any more details, I will say this. I took me a little bit to get started. It was so abstract. I may have spent the first 30 min.s kind of twidling my thumbs and wondering if I was doing it right. I can tell that if you don't really give it a chance, you will give up and think, well, this is not the right thing for me. But give it a chance.

I made a list in of things in my thoughts during the first, gather step. From that I simply followed her directions. And when I got to the journal, Metacog step, i found a large piece of art paper and my daughter's markers. I put me in the midle, and went all around the page diagraming my thoughts. It was actually kind of fun, as well as revealing.

But when I go to the Revisit, that is when it all came together. I'm sitting at my kitchen table, tears running down my face, realizing things about myself I have ignored for years. I was able to look inside of my self and pray, finding answers with God. Finding forgiveness for things I didn't realize bothered me, forgiving my self, and others. Identifiying the root of problems that seemed insicnificant; but when there are 3 or 4 insig. problems that you suddenly realize are all tied together, not so insignificant.

The prayer, wow! Identifying and addressing things individually, talking to God, Jesus, and the Spirit, when I finally worked around the things on my Metacog page, I was totally pumped! I am praying with power, strength that I've never known before, authority I didn't understand before.

But you gotta buy in! Half hearted is not going to get you there.

It did take me a while to complete my first session, so plan a few hours of alone time to start out. I am still not sure about how I will follow up throughout the day, but I will keep you posted and let you know what I discover.

NowhereManNot, I don't know what each individual person can get out of this process, but if I were to have gotten a 10th out of this first session, it would have been worth the price of admission. If I don't make a bit more progress, I have been completely blessed already. I would really encourage you and anyone else reading this to look into Caroline Leaf's teachings, or as I will call them from here forward, "The Way of the Leaf". Joke for Serenity fans out there.

When you get ready to try, let me know. I will pray for you, and support you any way I can.

RCF
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to correctly do step 3, is there any way you can help me. Everything online is very old, as is this post. There are some video online, but it does not go into detail about how to take your own thoughts and categorize them.

Upvote 0