• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Needed Grace

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all,

I these past days have been in a hard situation,I’ve been excessive worrying and paranoid regarding apostasy.And tonight I experienced a thought that was similar to that of constant perfection seeking to please Christ or etc.I can’t figure why I focus too much on Gods holiness and not his Grace.Can anyone provide much needed Grace support?

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can’t figure why I focus too much on Gods holiness and not his Grace.Can anyone provide much needed Grace support?

When you look at nature around you, which do you see more of - holiness or grace?

They are both there, to be sure, but when I see a panda cub playing or munching on a bamboo shoot that tastes sweet to it, I see grace. In the sunset, I see grace, for I did not need to see colors, but they are there. In the sun, perhaps, I would see holiness, for although I need it, too much of it would harm me.. I cannot even look into it for long before I must avert my gaze. All the same, too little and I perish as well.

But I find myself placed just in between, where I can be helped and find life by holiness, and not slain by it, or the lack of it. And that, my friend, is Grace.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I these past days have been in a hard situation,I’ve been excessive worrying and paranoid regarding apostasy.And tonight I experienced a thought that was similar to that of constant perfection seeking to please Christ or etc.I can’t figure why I focus too much on Gods holiness and not his Grace.Can anyone provide much needed Grace support?

Eph2:8+9

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

You know Jesus only because God gave you the grace, faith etc to believe and trust him.

Please visit :-
International OCD Foundation | 25 Tips for Succeeding in Your OCD Treatment

reread point 4 and share with those you associate.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi all,

Sorry to say (haha!) but understanding God's Grace is in large part a result of understand God's Holiness. This may not be fun, but it is FULL of joy. Keep looking to Christ. Not yourself.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

This is what we have heard:
Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD. -Psalms 32:10

Beloved one, trust in the Lord, and His grace shall surround you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Beloved one, you asked,”Can anyone provide much needed Grace support?”

Let us consider your severe situation where you have excessive worrying and paranoid regarding apostasy.

What is worry ?
Worry as a noun:
a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems.

Worry as a verb:
give way to anxiety or unease; allow one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles.

Since you said you have excessive worrying, that worry is a noun.
So your worry comes from uncertainty what you believe, that result you to be anxious or unease in your mind.

We can say that if you become certain what you believe in your mind, you no longer have any worry.

If you keep worrying or you worry, that worry is a verb. You worry because you allow in your mind, that uncertainty to dwell.

So if you no longer allow that uncertainty to dwell in your mind, you no longer worry.

Therefore, consider what the Lord Jesus said:

“Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

If you believe Jesus Christ, you have certainty what you believe; you no longer have any unease ness in your mind, for you no longer have any worry.

If you abide in Jesus’ word, that His word dwell in your mind; you allow His word in your mind, the certainty of His word make you no longer worry.

Beloved one, let not have excessive worrying, but have Jesus’ word and believe.

Beloved one, don’t worry, but allow His word to dwell in your mind.

Selah

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us consider the word “Paranoid”. It is said those who have paranoia. So let us consider the word “paranoia”.
Paranoia, it is said:
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

In summary, paranoia is a state where the mind in disorder.

If you like to have orderly mind, consider this:

“For those who identify with their old nature set their minds on the things of the old nature, but those who identify with the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

Having one’s mind controlled by the old nature is death, but having one’s mind controlled by the Spirit is life and shalom.”
‭‭Romans (Rom)‬ ‭8:5-6‬ ‭CJB‬‬

So one who identify with the Spirit, one set one‘s mind on the things of the Spirit, and having one’s mind controlled by the Spirit is life and shalom or peace.

Mind, that is in peace and life, is mind that is in order.

The question, we would like to ask how we identify with the Spirit, that we can set our minds on the things of the Spirit, that our minds may have peace and life.

This is what our Lord Jesus said:
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are Spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So we perceive that the words that Christ speaks to us are Spirit and they are life.

So if we identify with the words that Christ speaks to us, we identify ourselves with the Spirit.

So we who we set our minds on the things of the Spirit, we
who set our minds on the words that Christ speaks to us.

So let us have our minds controlled by the Spirit, that is, we have our minds ruled by the words that Christ speaks to us. And our minds will be in peace and life, that the Holy Spirit gives.

With our minds is in peace and life, that the Spirit gives, our minds will be in order.

Beloved one, have peace of Christ and life of Christ, that is, the words that Christ speaks in your mind, then you no longer have paranoia or be paranoid.

Selah

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now regarding apostasy that you mentioned.

The apostasy, as a noun, is the abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

Renunciation as a noun, is the formal rejection of something, typically a belief, claim, or course of action.

If your mind considering to reject what Jesus believe, claim, or course of action— that your mind plans to abandon believe Jesus Christ, consider what Jesus have said:

“For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:38‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, don’t be ashamed of Jesus Christ and His words, and don’t deny Him or don’t deny believing in Him.

Also,we heard:

“For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2:2-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, give earnest heed to what you heard from Jesus and His holy apostles.

Also, we heard in psalm:

“No one waiting for You will be disgraced;
disgrace awaits those who break faith for no reason.”
‭‭Tehillim (Psa)‬ ‭25:3‬ ‭CJB‬‬

If you break faith or reject faith or abandon faith, disgrace awaits.

Beloved one, stir your pure mind by way of reminder. Let Christ’s words abide in you, you will no longer worry. And identify with the Spirit of His words, you will no longer have paranoia. Acknowledge Him and His words, and you will have His strength to dismiss all apostasy.

Selah

Beloved one, God’s grace are in the words that His Son speak to us.

Trust in the words that His Son speaks, and His grace shall surround you.

To God the Father be glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

• Agree
Upvote 0