Jul 7, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
✟794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, well to make something that could be a very long story as short as possible, here ya go: my boyfriend and I have been together for quite awhile. He wasn't a Christian at first, and I claimed I was and I truly thought I was. Recently, he has become a true on-fire Christian. I couldn't be happier for him. However, this has made me see that I'm not the Christian I should be. I want this drive he now has to do what Christ wants him to do.
Please pray that I find my way to God and become this on-fire Christian that I so desperately want to become.
Thanks!

njcl

Jun 10, 2005
✟9,546.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hey he will cooled down,he is a novice so wants to shout to the world,its kinda like falling in love,you know the birds sing,every morning you wake up is exctasy...........he will soon lose it and become less enthusiastic......as for you well im summising he believes now because of you,there you did christs will and yet you say your a so so christian........peace

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is so wonderful to hear that your bf has accepted the Lord into his heart and has such a passion and love for him now. Praise you Jesus! The Lord is not looking for a competition for who is the better Christian. He seeks a love for Him in our hearts, actions, thoughts that is true and pure, an on-fire love for God. Not a loud boastful love, but a love of not being ashamed of your Lord and Savior. I ask that the Lord bring clarity to your heart and that you develop a love for Him that you know to be true and sincere. Everyone has different walks with the Lord and different ways of expressing their love, but it doesn't mean that anyone is the better or stronger Christian because of it. If you have a true love for God make it known in your heart and to God by making that true commitment. :amen:

Upvote 0

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved sister, never say that you are not the Christian that you wants to be. You are so precious in the eyes of the Lord. He loves you more than you can understand. We are one family but as in ordinary families, there are always some that are more fired up and others that are more laidback but we love them regardless of that. So is it with the Lord as well. Be strong sister. God bless!

Upvote 0

nb_christseeker

Jul 3, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
njcl said:
>he will soon lose it and become less enthusiastic......

sick. you describe one of the failed grounds in the parable of the sower as the ideal...

A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. 6Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.

13Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

So sir, or madam, please pray that you be made good soil, and regain your first love and enthusiasm.

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, you just stay in the Word and in prayer, be faithful to meet with fellow believers, and you two will be fine. I understand what some are saying, in that the first excitement often does calm down from a raging fire to steady, slow burn. Neither is better than the other, I don't believe. To faithfully live your life serving Christ is the deal, and sounds like you're both doing that. So just keep on keepin on. Prayers that You both grow in knowledge and wisdom, God bless.
in Him, Leslie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JMPJCK

Oct 19, 2005
STOCKTON, CA
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Christian
Krazy_4given_1 said:
Hi, well to make something that could be a very long story as short as possible, here ya go: my boyfriend and I have been together for quite awhile. He wasn't a Christian at first, and I claimed I was and I truly thought I was. Recently, he has become a true on-fire Christian. I couldn't be happier for him. However, this has made me see that I'm not the Christian I should be. I want this drive he now has to do what Christ wants him to do.
Please pray that I find my way to God and become this on-fire Christian that I so desperately want to become.
Thanks!

Father, thank you for this wonderful Christian sister. Encourage her to continue to seek you out and do your will Father. Thank you Father for her boyfriend's love that he has for you. Use both of these people in doing your will.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Krazy_4given_1 said:
Thanks!

Lord help this couple and that this man will continue being a christian. And that our sister will be on fire for you. Because it is well-worth it. And the best and first & foremost wonderful decision that anybody can and will ever make. In your name, amen.

Upvote 0

BLUEEYEANGEL

Legend
Jul 26, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟34,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: :clap:

attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums