blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
CCHIPSS,
Thanks for your feedback. I don't have much faith in this situation to be truthful. I'm 35, he is 2 years younger, and that's another issue all in itself. We can keep hanging out but it won't be a huge shock and end of the world for me if it doesn't last. On the one hand, the observant and secular worlds do not mix and when they try to mix mess results (as in our case). On the other hand, examples abound of the weirdest situations working out. So, who the heck knows.

At your age, 2 years age difference doesn't mean anything. My husband was 2 years younger than me and many people have similar age differences, you just don't know it.

However, "lets just see" most likely means he hopes to change your mind not that he supports your viewpoint. However, as long as you are going into this with your eyes wide open...

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
At your age, 2 years age difference doesn't mean anything. My husband was 2 years younger than me and many people have similar age differences, you just don't know it.

However, "lets just see" most likely means he hopes to change your mind not that he supports your viewpoint. However, as long as you are going into this with your eyes wide open...

Don't worry, I think he already changed his mind. :D I haven't heard from him since after the conversation. I actually prayed exactly for that - if he is the wrong guy for me then I'd rather not hear from him at all anymore.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
you said you wished you had more of a support system

well even though you do not know a lot of mature Christians in your daily life
but you do have a support system

you have prayer and the sacraments
THAT opens up oceans of grace
confession and the Eucharist changes us, brings us closer to God

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
you said you wished you had more of a support system

well even though you do not know a lot of mature Christians in your daily life
but you do have a support system

you have prayer and the sacraments
THAT opens up oceans of grace
confession and the Eucharist changes us, brings us closer to God

Thank you again. My two observant friends have been supportive. One of them always says the same as you do about the sacraments, especially the Eucharist. The thing that hurt me in this whole story was my mother's reaction. She found it necessary to give me the dirtiest look and grimace she could master. I actually got teary-eyed after that so had to get out of her sight. Now I'll know not to share anything with her anymore. Not that I had no clue before.

Upvote 0