Southeast
✟7,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey sorry if this is the wrong area to post this. Looking for some prayer warriors to pray for me. I have had a strong feeling that I need to do some “bad” things to some bad people. I have had this inclination for a while now and have prayed for guidance daily but still feel called to do this. I know what the Bible says about vengeance but can’t understand why I keep getting these feelings. Any advice/prayers are welcomed and appreciated.

Carmen Carter

Jun 15, 2021
Rockville
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey sorry if this is the wrong area to post this. Looking for some prayer warriors to pray for me. I have had a strong feeling that I need to do some “bad” things to some bad people. I have had this inclination for a while now and have prayed for guidance daily but still feel called to do this. I know what the Bible says about vengeance but can’t understand why I keep getting these feelings. Any advice/prayers are welcomed and appreciated.
What kind of bad things?? Its Demonic to want to do bad things and think bad thoughts!!! You need Deliverance

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Hello Rob4182,

I am sorry that you are struggling with this and i hope that my advice can help.

From first reading this, is sounds as though you are being tempted/ tortured by demons. i think that they attack us at our weak points and that God allows them to do so sometimes so that we can become stronger, and have more faith in Him.

As always I would advise you to pray and read your bible daily, and to find an online sermon on the subject on YouTube.

Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

Pop D.

Sep 23, 2020
Oklahoma
✟163,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you having a hard time forgiving these bad people for something? Remember Matthew 6:14-15, "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours."

Upvote 0
May 31, 2013
Northeast
✟25,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You keep getting those feelings because you’re human.

If the feelings are intense, that’s the devil trying to weasel under your skin like a tick. Never mind the prayer warriors and all that business. YOU take your authority and tell him to back off. (You do know you have that authority, right?) Another thing you can do is each time he aggravates you like that, read a chapter of the Bible. Tell him if he does it again, you’re going to read another chapter. Sooner or later he’ll put two and two together and realize every time he irritates you, you’re going to put yourself in the Word. That’s not the result he wants. He’ll probably go find someone else to start trouble with.

Second, if those people you’re upset with wind up upsetting just the “right” people elsewhere, then they could get payback a lot worse than anything you could give them. I mean the prison kind, or the hospital kind. These things have a way of shaking out in that manner; dark energy has a way of attracting more dark energy.

Third, if they become Christians in the future, their consciousnesses will awaken and they’ll realize what jerks they’ve been. That’s when they’ll start kicking themselves in the butt for all the stupid things they’ve done. I’m sure it won’t bother you if they carry those internal burdens around for a while.

Fourth, if they’re not Christians and never become Christians, then when they finally die, the payback will be a) severe and b) unending.

You add that all up, and you're actually in a pretty good place.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
have had a strong feeling that I need to do some “bad” things to some bad people

Why do you believe you need to do ' bad things! ' to other people?
Have they done something to you for you to label them as ' bad ' ?
Have they said sorry for anything ' bad ' they may have done?

Have you discussed this with your minister?
If not why not, is it because you don't want to give up these violent thoughts?

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You keep getting those feelings because you’re human.

If the feelings are intense, that’s the devil trying to weasel under your skin like a tick. Never mind the prayer warriors and all that business. YOU take your authority and tell him to back off. (You do know you have that authority, right?) Another thing you can do is each time he aggravates you like that, read a chapter of the Bible. Tell him if he does it again, you’re going to read another chapter. Sooner or later he’ll put two and two together and realize every time he irritates you, you’re going to put yourself in the Word. That’s not the result he wants. He’ll probably go find someone else to start trouble with.

Second, if those people you’re upset with wind up upsetting just the “right” people elsewhere, then they could get payback a lot worse than anything you could give them. I mean the prison kind, or the hospital kind. These things have a way of shaking out in that manner; dark energy has a way of attracting more dark energy.

Third, if they become Christians in the future, their consciousnesses will awaken and they’ll realize what jerks they’ve been. That’s when they’ll start kicking themselves in the butt for all the stupid things they’ve done. I’m sure it won’t bother you if they carry those internal burdens around for a while.

Fourth, if they’re not Christians and never become Christians, then when they finally die, the payback will be a) severe and b) unending.

You add that all up, and you're actually in a pretty good place.

I was troubled reading this response. the term 'prayer warriors' struck me as derogatory. do you not believe that prayer can solve problems?

on your second point (and fourth point) though i agree that sin leads to death, i do not think it is something that we should hope for other people or console ourselves with.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I bit of specificity would help us out a lot. What bad things are you talking about doing? Evil comes from Satan and the demons, not from God. Jesus told us to love our enemies and pray for them, not take a literal "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth". IF by mean doing something bad you are referring to shutting sinners who are influencing you negatively out of your life, that is an acceptable thing under the right conditions, but if you are talking physical harm to another, or committing a crime, that is a defintely DO NOT DO IT.

It says somewhere in Scripture "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord"

Check out this list:
What Does the Bible Say About Vengeance Is Mine Says The Lord?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carmen Carter

Jun 15, 2021
Rockville
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello Rob4182,

I am sorry that you are struggling with this and i hope that my advice can help.

From first reading this, is sounds as though you are being tempted/ tortured by demons. i think that they attack us at our weak points and that God allows them to do so sometimes so that we can become stronger, and have more faith in Him.

As always I would advise you to pray and read your bible daily, and to find an online sermon on the subject on YouTube.
Amen, but sometimes when someone is being so tormented the church can deliver you. Jesus cast out Demons and Devils

Reactions: jameshjr
Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Amen, but sometimes when someone is being so tormented the church can deliver you. Jesus cast out Demons and Devils

I agree with Carmen and Tolworth John, i think speaking to your/ a minister about this would help.

Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

You have a lot of resentment in your heart. Think about this people with the love of Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Forgive them and you will be free. This is the secret of having peace of mind. Leave vengeance for God, your own duty is to forgive them their trespass against you, let go, and your intense feelings to be vengeful will be gone. God bless

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Rob4182

Jun 16, 2021
Southeast
✟7,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you everyone for the kind words and Christian guidance. I have been praying about this issue and know it is not right to even wish harm on someone else, much less act on it. I also know what the word says about vengeance but that doesn’t prevent me from thinking these thoughts at times. These “bad” people I speak of are not personal acquaintances. More like people who hurt kids and those that are weak and then the penal system slaps them on the hand. I will continue to pray and will speak to my pastor even though it’s a hard topic to bring up.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Even the Lord got angry at the Jews who turned the Lord's temple into a flea market, and ran them out with a swift broom. Now Jesus is God and has a right to judge, unlike us, who need to start with the log in our own eye first, and be gentle in correcting others, showing compassion and understanding and not resorting to hatred, outbursts of profanity, or physical violence. If I caught a man beating a woman, I am pretty sure I'd take some form of action, as that boils my blood. Same with a person who beats animals. I've jumped in front of my drunk grandpa before when he was going to shoot my pony with a shotgun just because the pony threw him, and once when I was 4 foot nothing, I pulled a 22 rifle of course empty on my grandpa as he was beating my grandma and you know, after that he never beat her again, and all I did was tell him to stop.

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone for the kind words and Christian guidance. I have been praying about this issue and know it is not right to even wish harm on someone else, much less act on it. I also know what the word says about vengeance but that doesn’t prevent me from thinking these thoughts at times. These “bad” people I speak of are not personal acquaintances. More like people who hurt kids and those that are weak and then the penal system slaps them on the hand. I will continue to pray and will speak to my pastor even though it’s a hard topic to bring up.
Thanks again.

Hello again,

When reading this, this verse came to my mind:

Ecclesiastes 5:8

“If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.”

I used to get really mad about politics, but after taking this verse to heart, i take it less serious.

I do not think that it is our place to pass judgement (as hard as it is sometimes) and definitely not our place to give out punishment.

God bless, and i will mention you in my prayers tonight.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like temptation to me. Say "no" to it, every time.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Rom 12:19 Dear friends, don't try to get even. Let God take revenge. In the Scriptures the Lord says, "I am the one to take revenge and pay them back."

The bible tells us not to take vengeance, that it is God's job to do that. For a start, if you take vengeance on people you will be branded a criminal and will have to pay. I don't believe that God would call you to harm others. It is easy for satan to pretend to be God, through thoughts, visions, or voices. Do not rely upon those types of feelings, rather trust the word of God. God will eventually take vengeance on those who do evil.

• Agree
Reactions: jameshjr
Upvote 0