• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Need some help understanding breakup :P

Discussion in 'Mature Singles' started by pilot89P13R, Aug 29, 2017.

1. pilot89P13R

pilot89P13R New Member

+0
    Costa Rica
    Christian
    Single

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. quatona

quatona "God"? What do you mean??

+4,168
    Seeker
    Personally, I would be pretty annoyed by a partner who feels they have God on their side, who feel that they can judge me and my character, pray for me to become holier etc.etc. But maybe that´s just me - and I am not sure that I am not projecting my impressions on her. Anyway, that´s what sticked out to me in the way you described your part in it.

I completely believe you that you want to tell the whole story - but you can´t, simply because it will always be your side of the story.
    I also believe you that you want to reveal everything you did that might have been contributing to the problem, but then again, you didn´t say much about what you did or didn´t (except for the above mentioned attitude towards her).

The person who could explain the reasons for the split-up best to you (and to us): your ex-girlfriend. And she gave you her reasons. Thus, even though you may not accept those reasons, she explained them to you.

On a more general note: In my experience, the attempt to "understand" the reasons for a split-up never helps reducing the pain.

All the best to you!

3. Left

Left Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,094
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Skimming the post I say this...

Although the situation might be different if you were married to her, because marriage is like a Christian contract, you aren't... so I would leave while you still can.