quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Personally, I would be pretty annoyed by a partner who feels they have God on their side, who feel that they can judge me and my character, pray for me to become holier etc.etc. But maybe that´s just me - and I am not sure that I am not projecting my impressions on her. Anyway, that´s what sticked out to me in the way you described your part in it.

I completely believe you that you want to tell the whole story - but you can´t, simply because it will always be your side of the story.
I also believe you that you want to reveal everything you did that might have been contributing to the problem, but then again, you didn´t say much about what you did or didn´t (except for the above mentioned attitude towards her).

The person who could explain the reasons for the split-up best to you (and to us): your ex-girlfriend. And she gave you her reasons. Thus, even though you may not accept those reasons, she explained them to you.

On a more general note: In my experience, the attempt to "understand" the reasons for a split-up never helps reducing the pain.

All the best to you!

Upvote 0