Gam3rG1rl4Chr1st

Mar 11, 2007
Bay Area, California
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all! I'm new to this section of the forums. It looks pretty awesome! I've been writing for a long time, but I've never published anything. Recently I finished a fiction novel that I would like to publish. The problem is....I'm not quite sure how to go about doing so. Any advice on how to get a publisher to take a look at my work? Thanks! ;)

PublicNewSense

Jul 22, 2007
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever bought a copy of Writer's Digest? If not, go check one out at the library or book store. Also, there are some great writer's magazines at the bookstores with a wealth of info for any aspiring writer--everything from what your manuscript should look like (spacing, font sized, etc.) to where to send it. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Lindon Tinuviel

Nov 19, 2002
Not there anymore
✟4,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Maybe. What genre is it? What's the page count? How much (roughly) do you expect to get paid? Which rights would you be willing to fight to retain?

Congratulations on finishing the novel! That's a major undertaking. Feel proud of yourself!

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You could always try this one site...

www.lulu.com

I think that's it...it's a self-publishing kind of thing. The books are made as they are ordered and shipped out to those who order them, and the site takes a part of the profits. My mother has a couple of books on there already.

I heard about that site a few months ago, from the head of the Journalism department at the college I want to transfer to in a few years.... :) Looks interesting. :)

Upvote 0