Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My mom's having trouble with her Hotmail toolbar. I've got my A+ certification, but that doesn't mean I know how to fix this for her! *LOL*

My tool bar has disappeared from my hot mail when I go to compose an e-mail message; also, in the upper left corner of the text area a red X has appeared. If you put the cursor on it, it reads "Cut Text", and below that is a line that goes from left to right across the "page". How do I get rid of this X and restore my tool bar? The tool bar disappeared at the same time that the X appeared, and I have no clue as to what happened or why. Can any of you please help me with this?? I miss my icons and tools!

Please reply ASAP, either in a reply-post or via e-mail: gotjesus95@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It might just be a problem with Hotmail. Try e-mailing their tech support department. Also, you mentioned red X's. I wasn't totally sure what you was talking about but rex X's often mean that an image is broken or didn't load right. Just right click on the image placeholder (the red X) and click Show Image. Well, that's what you do if you have IE 6 anyway. Also, you might want to try scanning for spyware.

Upvote 0

skilltroks

Oct 13, 2004
The mitten state.
✟756.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a question about hotmail and I'd thought I'd post it in here. I keep getting forwards that say hotmail has a overstocked or whatever server... and if I dont send this email to 15 people my email account will go bye bye. Today, I got one that was more professiol with the Hotmail logo on it and all...and I am skeptical about it. Has any one else gotten emails about that?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
skilltroks said:
I have a question about hotmail and I'd thought I'd post it in here. I keep getting forwards that say hotmail has a overstocked or whatever server... and if I dont send this email to 15 people my email account will go bye bye. Today, I got one that was more professiol with the Hotmail logo on it and all...and I am skeptical about it. Has any one else gotten emails about that?
Do not send the e-mail to 15 people. Also, send that e-mail to abuse@hotmail.com. Sounds like a scam and Hotmail might be able to take care of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums