Need help with unforgiveness.

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,798.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I had a 50 year grudge which grew as a root of bitterness in my heart and I just could not let it go.I tried so hard so many times to forgive the people who ruined my life but it was eating my soul up.God leveled the playing field for me by making me see that we are all sinners and although I sort of knew that,it was not in my heart . When I finally saw that I was just someone who sinned different sins that they did and so we were alike,I forgave them.If I see them in heaven I will have difficulty seeing them for tears of joy.That and so much more,now that I think back, has made the hymn "Great is thy faithfullness" one of my favourites.
Praise The Lord!

Upvote 0

episkopos

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
✟8,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Dear Emma,
This can be a difficult thing to do by human standards. Our fallen nature tends to agree with the Mosaic law, "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". One thing that will help you is for you to remember how much God has forgiven you. Remember the unmerciful servant in Matthew 18 who after having been forgiven all his debts went and grabbed another person who owed him a small amount of money and threw him in jail. His master heard it and grabbed him and he was thrown in jail until he had paid it all.

Another cure? The LORD's prayer; "forgive us our debts as we forgive them that tresspass against us" "And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." (Matthew 6:12).

In the book FORGIVENESS MADE EASY, Bishop Dag Heward-Mills advised that you insert the name of a person that you are having the problem about forgiveness in the place of "debtors" to bring into focus the reality of the situation. May these few words be of help to you. You can purchase a digital version or even a hard copy of this book, read it for yourself and may find yourself giving copies to many other people.

Upvote 0