Need help with Matthew 6:29-30

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

How come Solomon wasn't?

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it was because the material beauty that can be bought with money fails in comparison to the beauty that God creates/instills upon his creation.

I think Solomon WAS dressed extravagantly. I think the verse is saying even in that extravagance, he could not compare to the beauty Christ instill up on his creation.

Coach

Reactions: songz777
Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

How come Solomon wasn't?

Solomon was probably the richest man in the OT. Jesus is saying here, in a sense, that even the richest man in the world pails in comparison to the beauty of the flowers.

Upvote 0