Nebraska mother sentenced to 2 years for helping her daughter get illegal abortion and dispose of fetus (daughter got 90 days)

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What evidence would it take for you to give credence to their opinion? From what I've seen in previous conversations it doesn't matter what evidence is presented.
When evidence is presented that doesn't support the other person's stance, then of course they reject it.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What evidence would it take for you to give credence to their opinion?
Any evidence beyond ‘we don’t know so I’m right’ would be a nice start.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Teach our men to value and protect women instead of just use them and teach women to demand their own value and protect their modesty until they marry.
This sounds like a trip back in time. Modern day protection via birth control seems much more reliable.

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is birth control lazy?
Teaching morals and values leads to natural birth control. Taking a pill (or any other form of birth control) in lieu of teaching/learning/having standards for self and others, is lazy.

Not sure when expecting men to be men and women to be women became 1700s. But, to each their own, I guess?

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Teaching morals and values leads to natural birth control. Not doing this and then taking a pill is lazy.
Using birth control is smart. Natural “birth control” is a sure way to get pregnant. Birth control does not equal lack of morals and values.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Teaching morals and values leads to natural birth control. Taking a pill (or any other form of birth control) in lieu of teaching/learning/having standards for self and others, is lazy.

Not sure when expecting men to be men and women to be women became 1700s. But, to each their own, I guess?
I have a bunch of ancestors and relatives from Massachusetts Bay in the 1600s who were accused of fornication. Some of that fornication was proven when the first child was born less than nine months after their marriage. That was in Massachusetts Bay. I suspect in Virginia, which wasn't a theocracy or Georgia, which was a penal colony, out of wedlock sex was more frequent.

Men have been men and women have been women since before Homo sapiens evolved.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While I know this story will be used as a "see what women are forced to do under these new draconian laws!" talking point.

...I do have to question about the thought process here as it applies to this particular case.

A) Per the CNN article, this happened at 28 weeks.

B) For the pills in question, doctors won't use those after 10 weeks. When you wait that long to have the procedure (even in the 7 states that allow it), it's a multiple day procedure at that point in time. Nebraska's law says it bans abortions after 12 weeks (except for the main three exceptions). So wouldn't it have made more sense to simply legitimately acquire the medication at some time around the 8-9 week mark? (as it sounds like the pills she took would've actually been legal to use before 10 weeks)

If you were going to wait until much later in the process to terminate the pregnancy...
C) Wouldn't it have been cheaper/easier/less risky to simply hop on a $49 direct Southwest Flight from Nebraska to either Denver, LA, or Chicago, earlier on in the pregnancy, and get it taken care of by a legitimate medical provider? I know pro-choice people understandably don't see that as the "ideal situation", but it's certainly better and less risky than trying to illegally acquire prescription drugs, and then use them in a very unsafe manner.

• Agree
Reactions: JSRG
Upvote 0