✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was fake / unproven.
Unproven does not mean fake. You have to provide evidence to substantiate your theory that they are a fake. Science tends to need evidence one way or the other.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, it was for the people it was written to and none of the Bible was written to us
Seriously? How can you say the the bible was not written for us.. Maybe Moses and the other authors did not know it.. but our creator did for sure.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously? How can you say the the bible was not written for us.. Maybe Moses and the other authors did not know it.. but our creator did for sure.

I said the Bible was not written to us

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This ties in with the Nephilim where they think the Son's of God were angles that produced offspring with the sons of man.

I tend to think the Son's of God were the Godly line of Seth and the sons of man were the ungodly line of Cain. But the angles interpretation is popular and widely accepted.
I hold to the view that the "sons of God" were fallen angels that took "daughters of man" and had offspring.
That has nothing to do with the deflection of the foot prints being angels instead of human.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you will not find any of the Books in the Bible addressed to 21st century people. The Bible may be for us but t was not written to us
The bible is the "living" word of God. It is as valuable and valid today as it was the day it was written.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I said the Bible was not written to us
"to" or "for" .... I think it is both... The bible gives me support, comfort and information every day... God knew I would read it... He wrote it "to" and "for" everyone who goes to it for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The bible is the "living" word of God. It is as valuable and valid today as it was the day it was written.

Did I say it wasn't? You really need to understand what people write instead of jumping to conclusions.

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"to" or "for" .... I think it is both... The bible gives me support, comfort and information every day... God knew I would read it... He wrote it "to" and "for" everyone who goes to it for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

So you think it was written to 21st man. You will not find any reference to 21st man in the introductions. Take the book of Luke it was not written to 21st man it was written to St. Luke's benefactor, that does not mean we can't use it just that it was not written to us. Here is a good video about the subject

Now this is off topic to the thread and any future discussions needs to be in it's own thread and I will not respond to anymore of this topic.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So you think it was written to 21st man. You will not find any reference to 21st man in the introductions. Take the book of Luke it was not written to 21st man it was written to St. Luke's benefactor, that does not mean we can't use it just that it was not written to us. Here is a good video about the subject

Now this is off topic to the thread and any future discussions needs to be in it's own thread and I will not respond to anymore of this topic.
Tell me when in history man could do this:

“Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues and nations will see their dead bodies three and a half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth” (Revelation 11:3, Revelation 11:7-10).

Note that people the world over will be able to see their dead bodies during the 3 1⁄2 days that they lie on display in Jerusalem. This was not possible before satellite television, portable communications devices and the Internet. Again, only in the last few years has it become possible for this prophecy to be fulfilled. It still lies in the future, of course, but only now it is clearly possible for this to take place.

This.... was written TO us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
According to your Geology teacher... OK sure.. throw out the bible because of something your geology teacher said.

My teacher told me that humming birds never stand on their feet. After they start flying they never stop. Another teacher told me that water contracts until 4 degrees centigrade then starts to expand again. Another teacher told me that natives never had beards because they never shaved in the first place. Soon as they started to shave.... they grew beards...

These are obvious lies. I have seen this before on another forum and got banned from it for my reactions to such comments. I simply can't tolerate it or resist the urge to react negatively because God made me that way. That is why I joined a Christian forum - to avoid seeing any of it ever again. Now here I am on a CHRISTIAN forum seeing the exact same thing.

I think I will trust God over any man or woman.

I trust Him too, but there is NO REASON to assume just because the Bible is silent on the number of years He spent making everything God does not like science. The truth is clear that scientists are correct about evolution and the Earth's age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
These are obvious lies. I have seen this before on another forum and got banned from it for my reactions to such comments. I simply can't tolerate it OR resist the urge to react negatively because God made me that way. That is why I joined a Christian forum - to avoid seeing any of it ever again. Now here I am on a CHRISTIAN florum seeing the exact same thing.

I trust him too, but there is NO REASON to assume just because the Bible is silent God does not like science.
Well, these are "obvious" lies to you.. But, we were ignorant and believed what we were taught... just as anyone is when they do not know and are being told by someone that they hold as someone that does.... even if they don't know either.

My point was that just because a teacher told you...doesn't mean it's true.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The fact that teachers can be wrong does not give you a right to say so. Do you have a geology degree or paleontology degree? What about biology, taxonomy, meteorology, or astronomy? If not, you don't know a nearly as much as science teachers do and are not qualified to say they are wrong soley based on one vaguely written chapter.

I can say you are wrong because I actually saw real fossils, rocks, and bodies of water that are millions of years old in nature and natural history museums. I heard about their ages from people who have college degrees in their fields.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it was for the people it was written to and none of the Bible was written to us
Are you sure the Bible wasn't written for you? Then how did you become a Christian if not by the WORD?
THE Bible is for all mankind, it is transcendent, it has power to transform the soul, by teaching, guiding, separate g good from evil ... even to do use soul and spirit and sufficient to equip us with the knowledge of our Maker, who we are, the origin of the UNIVERSE and all life, what sin is and His resolution, how we must live. It never becomes outdated or antiquated. Certainly the Law and the Prophets were written to His chosen people, they were His test group for humanity and they failed. We learn from their stories, their triumphs and failures because in their shoes, we would do no better.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jack, an obvious lie ot me is an obvious lie to God because I got my brain from God.

Well, saying that the earth was created in anything other than six literal days... is a lie against what God said.. I get my brain from God too and He stated that He did it in six days... why would He lie?

The fact that teachers can be wrong does not give you a right to say so.

The fact that teachers can be wrong negates your right to state that something is true because a teacher told you it was true.

Do you have a geology degree or paleontology degree? What about biology, taxonomy, meteorology, or astronomy? If not, you don't know a nearly as much as science teachers do and are not qualified to say they are wrong soley based on one vaguely written chapter.

Any science that contradicts the scripture... is to be questioned. More and more the biblical scripture is being found to be valid for history of this world.

Most geologists, paleontologists, biologists and the others... are atheistic, Darwinian evolutionists that don't hold that the bible is truth.

Academia as a whole is anti God, Anti bible, anti Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, saying that the earth was created in anything other than six literal days... is a lie against what God said.. I get my brain from God too and He stated that He did it in six days... why would He lie?

If you think about it, the Bible does NOT say He created eveyrthing in 6 literal days. People make it up to think they understand Genesis because their minds are very limited in knowledge and understanding. The problem is people only think about the English definition of "day" and not the possibiility its meaning may be totally different. God did not write the Bible in English. Moses knew the exact meanings of every word. We have to let go of the easy thought that all Bible text means what we were taught in English classes. If you understand this, you will not deny it is possible for a day to mean milllenia.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like Revelation? You take that as 100% literal?

Even the parables that Jesus spoke of? They werent meant to be taken literally. They were stories with meaning to them.
Most of Revelation I take literally. Symbolism is used but is usually explained in scripture. Obviously the Dragon with seven heads and ten horns is not literal. You can find an explanation in Daniel. It is talking about seven nation/kingdoms and ten leaders, 3 of which are plucked and one little horn ( the AntiChrist) surfaces and takes control of the world.
The Seven churches were literal churches and also could be considered church-types. The scroll was given to Jesus after He ascended into heaven. It has seven literal seals, each representing events, sort of like a play written. But the play doesnt start until the trumpets begin to blow.
The seven trumpets will be blown, each releasing judgment/destruction. The last trumpet would be our resurrection (which suggests we must endure the first six - unless they are blown quickly?); after which the seven bowls of God's wrath represent the worst of the Great Tribulation. At that point we see that no one ledt on earth repents, but they curse God. HOWEVER, a remnant Jewish population will be saved during the GT. ( see Rom.11)
It will literally last 3 1/2 years- some say seven. But the actions coincide, overlap and are accumulative. It is not in chronological order, which is what creates various views. If yiu followed it in a linear way, it just couldnt wirk that way and make sense. God shows us different vantage points.
Yes, it is mostly literal from my point of view.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you even read what I wrote before you jumped to judgement?
Yes, you said, "none of the Bible was writtwn for us." Your implication that it was just written for the Israelites is wrong.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, you said, "none of the Bible was writtwn for us." Your implication that it was just written for the Israelites is wrong.

No, please use your eyes to read. I said none of the Bible was written to us, try not to be half baked in the future

Upvote 0