Not open for further replies.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Watching this series I don't feel right in the spirit. The whole tone is of loving Grampy and having a team of medical professionals that surround the family and whether they will make the decision to give their child drugs to delay puberty.

In the series, there is no counter argument, just a complete normalization attempt as to how supprtive the parents are and their cadre of healthcare professionals.

The young children seem to feed off their parents acknowledgment and insinuations that yes they are a girl or boy, when their natural birth sex is the opposite.

This week the 8 year olds classmates were prepped that their classmate would now be addressed as Mia instead of Jacob.

They stress how well adjusted, healthy and happy he is , now that he is a she, and that was not always the case.

We live in very dark and depraved times. I feel for these kids and how they are being destroyed.

Jacob's Journey: Life as a Transgender 5-Year-Old - NBC News

Reactions: psalms 91

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Transgender children are not being "destroyed" by being allowed to live as who they are, their lives are being saved.
Yeah because children have sexuality all figured out.

Good grief. Not that we expect you to ever get it, but you're wrong. Also water is wet. PS and oh btw, you might want to read this - or weren't you aware you were in the Catholic forum?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7413361/

Anyway....

Welcome to the Crazy Years folks. Anything goes. I can't wait for society to say inappropriate behavior with animals is A-OK! :clap: As long as they love each other, that's all that matters, right?

:doh:

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Transgender is about gender identity, not sexuality. This is not a form of homosexuality.

According to studies, children have a solid concept of gender between the ages of 2 and 4.

I am very familiar with the topic of gender identity and transgender conditions. Thanks.

Good grief. Not that we expect you to ever get it, but you're wrong. Also water is wet.

Irony.

PS and oh btw, you might want to read this - or weren't you aware you were in the Catholic forum?

In addition,if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues that are Dogma or Authoritatively taught by the Magisterium or teach against Catholic theology. You may post in fellowship.

I am aware and I have posted repeatedly on this topic in this forum.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Good grief. Not that we expect you to ever get it, but you're wrong. Also water is wet. PS and oh btw, you might want to read this - or weren't you aware you were in the Catholic forum?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7413361/

Anyway....

Welcome to the Crazy Years folks. Anything goes. I can't wait for society to say inappropriate behavior with animals is A-OK! :clap: As long as they love each other, that's all that matters, right?

:doh:

We? The poster you're addressing has always been respectful of Chrsit's Church, more so than many Catholic's in this forum, in fact - and is as much a member of the we as anyone else. Let us all work to be kind and form our arguments patiently and respectfully.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
whether they will make the decision to give their child drugs to delay puberty.

Another note to consider: puberty suppressants were originally designed to stop puberty in children who go through precocious puberty (starting puberty too early). They don't cause any permanent changes to the child, nor have they found adverse effects on the child being on them. If they are stopped, puberty will resume as normal.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Another note to consider: puberty suppressants were originally designed to stop puberty in children who go through precocious puberty (starting puberty too early). They don't cause any permanent changes to the child, nor have they found adverse effects on the child being on them. If they are stopped, puberty will resume as normal.

I am familiar with you and I Have always been respectful toward you. But from a Christian perspective and I believe mental health perspective , your wrong.

I have posted here before, the former head of the of sexual reassignment surgery program at Johns Hopkins Dr. paul Mchugh stopped the program after much research.

The surgery never dealt with the underlying issues of those who sought the surgery.

And to say that 2 year old children understand their identities total propaganda.

Here is a good piece by The much respected Dr. In the WSJ.

Paul McHugh: Transgender Surgery Isn't the Solution - WSJ

But remember, your always welcome to post here, and you will be treated respectfully.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is the advantage of delaying puberty?

For a trans child, the advantage of delaying puberty is that they won't suffer the permanent effects of the puberty of their birth sex while they undergo additional counseling to determine whether they are certain about their gender identity and their desire to transition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kids 5 to 11 understand their sexuality? Really)

Again, we are talking about gender identity with transgender children, not sexual orientation. The two are completely different and separate.

But to confirm what I also stated earlier, children do have a pretty solid understanding of gender by around age 4, including an understanding of their own gender.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am familiar with you and I Have always been respectful toward you. But from a Christian perspective and I believe mental health perspective , your wrong.

The mental health community and the medical community agrees with me.

I have posted here before, the former head of the of sexual reassignment surgery program at Johns Hopkins Dr. paul Mchugh stopped the program after much research.

Dr. McHugh is not a good source on transgender issues, just FYI.

The surgery never dealt with the underlying issues of those who sought the surgery.

The surgery is not there to deal with anything except gender dysphoria. It's ability to deal with that is very effective.

Trans people do face a lot of hurdles though. Rejection by family, society, etc., also causes a lot of problems that are not going to be solved by surgery.

And to say that 2 year old children understand their identities total propaganda.

It's not my statement, it comes from the American Academy of Pediatricts

Youngsters actually begin developing strong gender identities long before middle childhood. A child's awareness of being a boy or a girl starts in the first year of life. It often begins by eight to ten months of age, when youngsters typ[bless and do not curse]ically discover their genitals. Then, between one and two years old, children become conscious of physical differences between boys and girls; before their third birthday they are easily able to label themselves as either a boy or a girl as they acquire a strong concept of self. By age four, children's gender identity is stable, and they know they will always be a boy or a girl.

Note the source and the fact that I said between the ages of 2 and 4.

Here is a good piece by The much respected Dr. In the WSJ.

Paul McHugh: Transgender Surgery Isn't the Solution - WSJ

As noted above, Dr. McHugh isn't necessarily "much respected". While I am familiar with his statements, which indicate he is not up on his research. Trans people used to be treated by therapy only and it was not successful. Because of that problem, they stopped trying to just therapy the problem away and tried other things. Transition, including surgery when indicated for the specific patient, has been very successful in alleviating the problems caused by gender dysphoria.

However, I cannot read your link because I'm not a member.

But remember, your always welcome to post here, and you will be treated respectfully.

I always appreciate those that treat me respectfully.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The mental health community and the medical community agrees with me.

Dr. McHugh is not a good source on transgender issues, just FYI.

The surgery is not there to deal with anything except gender dysphoria. It's ability to deal with that is very effective.

Trans people do face a lot of hurdles though. Rejection by family, society, etc., also causes a lot of problems that are not going to be solved by surgery.

It's not my statement, it comes from the American Academy of Pediatricts

Note the source and the fact that I said between the ages of 2 and 4.

As noted above, Dr. McHugh isn't necessarily "much respected". While I am familiar with his statements, which indicate he is not up on his research. Trans people used to be treated by therapy only and it was not successful. Because of that problem, they stopped trying to just therapy the problem away and tried other things. Transition, including surgery when indicated for the specific patient, has been very successful in alleviating the problems caused by gender dysphoria.

However, I cannot read your link because I'm not a member.

I always appreciate those that treat me respectfully.

One of the things that your post did not address in the children and their self awareness is that the chief source of that awareness is usually their parents and/or primary caregivers.
Historically the adaptability of both humans and animals has been proven many times over by infants and baby animals who were adopted and raised by someone or something other than their biological parents, and by the infants adapting to those conditions that they were raised in.

So no, it's not surprising that children should self identify as a different gender when they have been raised and conditioned from birth to believe something other than the truth.

Upvote 0

FlaviusAetius

Nov 17, 2012
✟18,998.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The parents should have the kid taken away and they should be locked up for abuse.

Didn't you read Cute Tinks' post? Secular health care officials say this is the right course of action. Obviously Christians are the ignorant evil abusers right?

So glad to know that even on a Catholic sub-board the secular world must bombard messages that not conforming to their way of thinking is unscientific, harmful ignorance. Good to have a handful of atheists completely dominate all discussion on this board to humble and perhaps cure the ignorance of the poor Catholic's that have been raised to be so bigoted and unlearned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Didn't you read Cute Tinks' post? Secular health care officials say this is the right course of action. Obviously Christians are the ignorant evil abusers right?

So glad to know that even on a Catholic sub-board the secular world must bombard messages that not conforming to their way of thinking is unscientific, harmful ignorance. Good to have a handful of atheists completely dominate all discussion on this board to humble and perhaps cure the ignorance of the poor Catholic's that have been raised to be so bigoted and unlearned.

Not only is it dominated by them, but it is dominated by their sympathizers that fool us by icon.

Can't say I read his posts in these threads anymore, no.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
One of the things that your post did not address in the children and their self awareness is that the chief source of that awareness is usually their parents and/or primary caregivers.
Historically the adaptability of both humans and animals has been proven many times over by infants and baby animals who were adopted and raised by someone or something other than their biological parents, and by the infants adapting to those conditions that they were raised in.

So no, it's not surprising that children should self identify as a different gender when they have been raised and conditioned from birth to believe something other than the truth.

That was indeed the thought process for a long time. However, cases like the story of David Reimer have demonstrated otherwise.

No evidence has been presented that parents are pushing this upon their kids. This particular story does not have that element.

However, if you have something that backs up your statement, please provide it.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I have said nothing of the sort. I never said anyone here was evil or an abuser.

I do happen to be pretty well informed on the issue, however. I have talked to many doctors, read the studies, am familiar with the history and I know what it's like to experience it.

I'm willing to discuss this politely with anyone who is willing. Those who wish to ignore me or insult me are free to not reply to my posts.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I have said nothing of the sort. I never said anyone here was evil or an abuser.

I do happen to be pretty well informed on the issue, however. I have talked to many doctors, read the studies, am familiar with the history and I know what it's like to experience it.

I'm willing to discuss this politely with anyone who is willing. Those who wish to ignore me or insult me are free to not reply to my posts.

I realize that I must tread lightly here, because I'm also a guest in this forum, so I won't be able to address this issue as I would like. With that being the case, I will say that I'm learning from you since you have personal experience with it and you have studied it extensively. I acknowledge that I don't anything about the medical condition, so for me to speak about it would be wrong, IMHO. I hope you will continue to help educate others about this medical condition.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.